Airport TSA I was private searched

hodori779 said:
The scanner isn't looking for liquid. It's looking for mass/density where there isn't normally. (Millimeter wave scanner/backscatter X ray. The "puffer" machines are different, but even those aren't looking for liquids either.)
That makes sense. Which is why thicker diapers have a higher chance of being flagged as well at wet diapers that have swelled up.

I have flown a number of times with no issues, and only one time where I had additional checks past three scanner.

My TSA agent asked if I had any additional padding on, and I was on my way.

Don't make a big deal out of it, and they won't either. I've had a bag check through security where a diaper was in my carry on. Having it shooting or on the table was more of a deal to me than the pat down.

Also, my checked bags almost always get searched when I bring diapers on a trip. The lovely note from TSA that they looked through my bags. I'm sure they look suspicious on the scanners.

inthedark said:
TSA stuff just seems very random to me.
That's because it's literally just security theater. I was once in a line in which they were rushing every other person through the metal detector. I had a giant handful of coins I was trying to stuff inside my jacket pocket to throw on the x-ray belt but they yelled at me to go through anyway. I walked through with my handful of coins and... nothing.

Somebody a few people behind me had an alarm when they entered the detector, but I noticed the agents hand very near the control panel on the metal detector. I'm 100% sure that they were manually triggering it to just spot check people with pat downs.

Reactions: PullupAndy and bambinobaby
I used to crack up at one of the Smithsonian Museums. They had a metal detector but it kept going off any time the guard with their sidearm got near it. In practice, they appeared not to be paying attention at all to the beeping.

blueberry said:
Thank you for all of the responses! I am flying back home today and will be wearing my thick northshore care diaper through security again. I will let everyone know how it goes. I think for me I can feel good about the fact that my diapers are white and very medical looking so if I am asked to drop my pants again atleast I won’t be showing a couple of dudes a colorful printed diaper. Helps a cut down the embarrassment a little for me.
Yes. I use several of the mega max colors at home. But it is always white when I have to go to the doctor or hospital. Plus I really like the white.

There are rumors that random people are pulled out of line for an enhanced exam. I think it was Senator Rand Paul who got pulled out for one years ago.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
Y I K E S

One time flying i got pulled aside for screening. When they asked what i had at my waistband I said “it’s an adult diaper, i need it”. Keep in mind i had a stack of them in my carryon and in my checked. Can recall if i was wet or not.

Had my carry on opened at the screening station when i was accompanying my mom’s church lady group to Washington DC. They pulled my Pooh bear out too… one of the ladies said “aww nevin brought his teddy bear”

Oh the stories those TSA agents, EMTs, emergency room doctors and nurses, police officers, and anyone else that deals with the intimate details of the public could tell if they chose to.

Back