Airport TSA I was private searched

blueberry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I just got through TSA. My diaper did not have a drop of liquid in it but I still got pulled aside after going through the X-ray machine. This has never happened to me before and I fly quite often. I told them I wore diapers for a medical reason (even though its only for comfort). After patting me down, two male tsa agents asked me to follow them into the private search room where they asked me a few additional questions . Then one of the agents with my permission stuck his fingers around my beltline area including the waistband of my diaper. At this point I think we were both very embarrassed however I was surprised how calm I stayed. After checking my beltline and clearly seeing that I had a diaper on I was surprised because they asked me if I would be comfortable pulling my pants down to show them. I said no not really and asked what the alternatives were. The agent then grabbed a metal detector wand and wanded my diaper area. He gave me the all clear and they let me on my way. I guess a dry diaper isn’t always a safe bet when going through tsa folks.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, TigerDL, dl015 and 4 others
Wow that's crazy!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Diapers are sometimes used to hide stuff, so don't be offended, drug smugglers are very very creative and sometimes you better check and make sure everything is like it should.

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
I would never go through in a diaper if I didn't absolutely need it.

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, blaincorrous and BobbiSueEllen
Personal experience for me as an abdl who just enjoy wearing diapers rather than needing them is whenever I plan to be padded, I usually put the diaper after the TSA checkpoint, right before boarding the plane, more than once I witnessed little kids under 5 getting a diaper or Pull-Ups on when I was just exiting the stall where I put mine on.

Reactions: TigerDL and thedlguy
That is one of many reasons I just don't fly even though I know planes are safer than cars - as long as that, or any other search MIGHT happen - only way for me is take off and land private strips only (not general aviation, as in some field on someones private property in a rural area,)

The story turns me on. In all seriousness, it felt like TSA searches are really random based on all the stories and my own experience. You could be wet in thick diapers and they wouldn't care at all. I'm very sorry this happens to you, but these TSA stuff just seems very random to me. I wouldn't be suprised to be searched or asked but definitely suprised to be asked to strip down.

inthedark said:
The story turns me on. In all seriousness, it felt like TSA searches are really random based on all the stories and my own experience. You could be wet in thick diapers and they wouldn't care at all. I'm very sorry this happens to you, but these TSA stuff just seems very random to me. I wouldn't be suprised to be searched or asked but definitely suprised to be asked to strip down.
Yes being asked to show them was really surprising especially considering they had frisked the area and my waistband. But I get it, I’m sure people have tried smuggling stuff in diaper before. I don’t get embarrassed easily and would have showed them had I no other option but I think the tsa has been under a lot of scrutiny in recent years for being too invasive which is why they ultimately let me keep my pants on.

This happens to me all the time when I travel. Their just doing the job... Just making sure your not carrying anything in your diapers, such as drugs or something else. It's normal for me

blueberry said:
Yes being asked to show them was really surprising especially considering they had frisked the area and my waistband. But I get it, I’m sure people have tried smuggling stuff in diaper before. I don’t get embarrassed easily and would have showed them had I no other option but I think the tsa has been under a lot of scrutiny in recent years for being too invasive which is why they ultimately let me keep my pants on.
I just can’t believe the default option was “show us” vs. a metal detector. Good on you for asking for alternatives, I am not sure I would have been so brave.

I've gone through TSA screening in dry diapers only twice so far. First time, I was not pulled aside, but the second time, I was questioned about my belt buckle- and had to show them that! I was pulled aside once to check my carry on luggage- he looked under my plastic pants and diapers, and said nothing.

In fantasy, I think I would love to be taken to a private room and asked to disrobe...

babybobby said:
I just can’t believe the default option was “show us” vs. a metal detector. Good on you for asking for alternatives, I am not sure I would have been so brave.
same here, i would've just strip just so it could be done as quick as possible

babybobby said:
Not everything they are looking for shows up on a metal detector.

The tsa also does random spot inspections. Your diaper might not have triggered anything, it was just your turn.

This happened to me one. The one and only time I was wearing a pink diaper...

WanderingToddler said:
tsa also does random spot inspections. Your diaper might not have triggered anything, it was just your turn.
I also heard about this somewhere, never knew this is actually a real thing

Yep. Fly ~200,000 miles a year (pre-COVID...down to around 100k this year) and am always diapered. I have had a variety of experiences/searches, including as described by the OP, even with TSA Pre-Check. Random checks can happen. At Albuquerque, Denver and San Juan, Puerto Rico, I have been brought into a private room. In Puerto Rico I happened to be wearing multiple, thick wet diapers at the time, which I am sure was what triggered the search. My outer diaper was an ABU Super Dry Kids diaper. They literally poked and squeezed all over the diaper that time. In Denver, I was in a Lil Monsters diaper. They also asked to see my diaper, which I let them do. In Albuquerque, they just felt around the waist of the diaper.

In Germany, when my diaper triggered the search after going through their nude-o-scope, I just told them it was a diaper and they were like, oh, okay...and moved on.

It is still best practice to go through in a dry diaper if you can, or change into one after security, especially if you don't have TSA Pre-Check as you will then always be subjected to the nude-o-scope. Even still, you can have random spot inspections, so be prepared. All that said (knock on wood) I've never had my bag searched despite always have a carry-on full of thick diapers with me.

Reactions: TigerDL and blueberry
It does not bother me none. If I was going to bring drugs or a weapon on a plane what better place. They have a job to do and are professional about it.

I just don't see why people have to call women a bitch anyway. I was taught to have respect for women and my elders. So there is that too. Sorry I offend you but you are the one that used the words. I am just telling how it sounded. That's all.

blueberry said:
I just got through TSA. My diaper did not have a drop of liquid in it but I still got pulled aside after going through the X-ray machine. This has never happened to me before and I fly quite often. I told them I wore diapers for a medical reason (even though its only for comfort). After patting me down, two male tsa agents asked me to follow them into the private search room where they asked me a few additional questions . Then one of the agents with my permission stuck his fingers around my beltline area including the waistband of my diaper. At this point I think we were both very embarrassed however I was surprised how calm I stayed. After checking my beltline and clearly seeing that I had a diaper on I was surprised because they asked me if I would be comfortable pulling my pants down to show them. I said no not really and asked what the alternatives were. The agent then grabbed a metal detector wand and wanded my diaper area. He gave me the all clear and they let me on my way. I guess a dry diaper isn’t always a safe bet when going through tsa folks.
You are not alone Blueberry. An almost identical situation happened to me quite a few years ago. I have shared this a number of other times in responses to similar threads about this topic. I will give a short version here, but you can see an earlier post I shared about this on another thread by clicking Red Faced at the Airport

The short version is that a series of events led up to being selected for a pat down. Realizing they were going to likely discover I was wearing a diaper, I quietly told the TSA agent right then that I was wearing rather than have them loudly ask about it in front of other passengers going through. Well, one thing led to another and I ended up being taken to a private room where they did almost the same things that you shared Blueberry. After being questioned about it, I was asked to take my pants down so they could see the diaper. In my case, I just wanted to get the hell out of there and I did so and I was soon let on my way. Was more than very embarrassing. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: blueberry
Thank you for all of the responses! I am flying back home today and will be wearing my thick northshore care diaper through security again. I will let everyone know how it goes. I think for me I can feel good about the fact that my diapers are white and very medical looking so if I am asked to drop my pants again atleast I won’t be showing a couple of dudes a colorful printed diaper. Helps a cut down the embarrassment a little for me.

Said this in other threads too regarding TSA scans and diapers.

The scanner isn't looking for liquid. It's looking for mass/density where there isn't normally. (Millimeter wave scanner/backscatter X ray. The "puffer" machines are different, but even those aren't looking for liquids either.)

Reactions: blob, TigerDL and blueberry
Back