Advice for cleaning after a messy diaper

FullOfPixels

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Hey, I plan to actually mess in my diaper, since I managed to get hold of some abena M1s

But as I have basically never done this before, I'm looking for some advice regarding the cleanup afterwards. Just for context, I probably will sit in it

This my first thread, thank you for any advice that you can possibly give me!

• Love
Reactions: cowprintz, Hemix, Edgewater and 1 other person
There are certainly others with more "experience", but for the few times I've done it, I remove the diaper, dump the contents into the toilet, then wipe lots with toilet paper, followed by either a shower or a thorough wiping with wet wipes (and still followed by a shower later). Fun, but messy!

Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
Hello there 1st time thread poster!
Messing in my diaper is the most pleasurable thing I do, and I do it as much as I can. Clean up can be messy of course, but totally worth it. What I do is wipe myself with the padding as much as I can to conserve baby wipes, (if your diaper is wet, this helps) throw the wipes inside the diaper itself, keep the stool inside the diaper (because if you try to flush it, it may clog the toilet if it's big), wrap it up like you would a regular wet diaper, and throw it away in a grocery store bag, tie it up really tight, and toss it OUTSIDE (preferably in the garbage can with the lid closed 🤪). Open a window if you can, air the room out, leave the room for about 3 minutes or whatever, and go back in to see if the smell is still there. Bonus points if you put you nose in the coffee can and inhale; it'll clear your nasal cavities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poopygamer, FullOfPixels, LittleRen77 and 1 other person
Paper towels, plastic grocery bags and a hot shower. I remove as much as possible with the paper towels (a wider surface area than toilet paper helps speed things up) and just throw it away with the diaper in a grocery store bag. Economically its wasteful, but when you have a fussy toilet that clogs all the time, its a lot safer.

Reactions: Edgewater
Carefully remove the diaper over toilet, wipe rear with clean upper part of rear diaper, wrap the diaper, clean with toilet paper, wipes.
If possible, a good shower is preferable.

Hop in the shower

Reactions: richieboy, babyvoo, Edgewater and 1 other person
Truly great advise provided above.

A bit tongue in cheek, but this does require a bit of humor along with a cold slap of reality, as a proper clean-up is best to follow the guidelines for a bio-hazard event clean-up as Human waste can contain a cross-section of viruses, etc. that are transmittable. If you follow hospital /nursing home guidelines, protective gloves, etc. is recommended.

Yes, it is your waste, but! You will likely be cleaning-up in the bathroom (wise choice) and since this is likely not going to be a daily event, a detailed clean-up so that your mother could use the room without noticing its prior use is recommended.

Reactions: Cottontail and theancientmariner
I know this is unrelated, but where did the 😍 icon go?? I've been trying to use it all day.

I'm profoundly IC so as noted before, the whole idea is to remove stool and clean your skin. Some sort of wipes will remove as much as possible.
I usually remove some of the solid stool from the diaper, regardless if it's a cloth diaper or a disposable. I typically use a water sprayer along side the toilet. My favorite thing for cleaning up after having a BM, I remove my diaper, remove with some wipes and simply straddle my bidet. I have one right next to my toilet. Before I take a shower I stand while slightly squat over the bidet (has a vertical jet that directs the water up to my bottom). It easily cleans my genitials, perineum, inner buttocks and my anus. Then it's into the shower. My girlfriend had never used one until she came to my house and stayed after having...you get the idea. She now loves it. Of course you can use a public bathroom if it's needed. For me it's only for emergency BM accidents while away from home. I prefer my own personal bathroom in my house. I forgot to notice that getting rid of the dirty disposable diaper includes a good plastic bag. I actually have an adult diaper pail (Jenibell m400 moder - 13 gal). All I do is wrap the diaper and dispose into the diaper pail (It keeps odor out). Like I said I've been IC since the beginning. Having a bidet makes messy diaper clean-ups easier. Nothing like a clean and fresh tush before re-diapering.

Antientmariner said:
Hello there 1st time thread poster!
Messing in my diaper is the most pleasurable thing I do, and I do it as much as I can. Clean up can be messy of course, but totally worth it. What I do is wipe myself with the padding as much as I can to conserve baby wipes, (if your diaper is wet, this helps) throw the wipes inside the diaper itself, keep the stool inside the diaper (because if you try to flush it, it may clog the toilet if it's big), wrap it up like you would a regular wet diaper, and throw it away in a grocery store bag, tie it up really tight, and toss it OUTSIDE (preferably in the garbage can with the lid closed 🤪). Open a window if you can, air the room out, leave the room for about 3 minutes or whatever, and go back in to see if the smell is still there. Bonus points if you put you nose in the coffee can and inhale; it'll clear your nasal cavities.
Thank you!
I wouldn't have thought to use the diaper padding for clean up
Same goes for the coffee can trick :D

Reactions: theancientmariner
greatlake5 said:
I'm profoundly IC so as noted before, the whole idea is to remove stool and clean your skin. Some sort of wipes will remove as much as possible.
I usually remove some of the solid stool from the diaper, regardless if it's a cloth diaper or a disposable. I typically use a water sprayer along side the toilet. My favorite thing for cleaning up after having a BM, I remove my diaper, remove with some wipes and simply straddle my bidet. I have one right next to my toilet. Before I take a shower I stand while slightly squat over the bidet (has a vertical jet that directs the water up to my bottom). It easily cleans my genitials, perineum, inner buttocks and my anus. Then it's into the shower. My girlfriend had never used one until she came to my house and stayed after having...you get the idea. She now loves it. Of course you can use a public bathroom if it's needed. For me it's only for emergency BM accidents while away from home. I prefer my own personal bathroom in my house. I forgot to notice that getting rid of the dirty disposable diaper includes a good plastic bag. I actually have an adult diaper pail (Jenibell m400 moder - 13 gal). All I do is wrap the diaper and dispose into the diaper pail (It keeps odor out). Like I said I've been IC since the beginning. Having a bidet makes messy diaper clean-ups easier. Nothing like a clean and fresh tush before re-diapering.
I unfortunately do not have a bidet at home, however I was still able to get some advice from you
Thanks!

Don’t do it! Unless you have to. I am fecal incontinent not pleasant at all!

Honestly, i just enjoy my time with it, and jump in shower. Fastest way to go about it.

richieboy said:
Don’t do it! Unless you have to. I am fecal incontinent not pleasant at all!
I just wanna try how it feels, if I don't like it, I won't do it again
I just want to make sure I'm safe and clean afterwards if I do decide to do it
However I fully understand as to why you might not like it

Reactions: Edgewater and Hemix
The day before, eat plenty of whole healthy foods with fibre and protein. That should prepare for a good sized mess which should be firm and therefore not as hard to clean up. Wet wipes will make it easier too, I use adult sized ones but baby wipes are fine too. If you have disposable plastic gloves then they are also good to wear to keep your hands clean. Enjoy!

Cherrypie said:
The day before, eat plenty of whole healthy foods with fibre and protein. That should prepare for a good sized mess which should be firm and therefore not as hard to clean up. Wet wipes will make it easier too, I use adult sized ones but baby wipes are fine too. If you have disposable plastic gloves then they are also good to wear to keep your hands clean. Enjoy!
What foods are we talking about here?
I'm not experienced so I'm not sure which ones have a good amount of fibre and protein

FullOfPixels said:
I'm not experienced so I'm not sure which ones have a good amount of fibre and protein
Basically no junk or processed food. Most fruit and veg have a lot of fibre. Nuts, Wholewheat pasta and wholemeal bread. I’m veggie so can’t advise much on protein but I get my protein from beans, pulses and soya protein.

Reactions: Edgewater and FullOfPixels
FullOfPixels said:
Salads and fruits should be enough, specially bananas (two or three pieces).

Btw, for thy first time, I'd suggest not sitting down, it will be easier for thee to get clean (although I did it during my first time 😁).

Thou'lt definitely get thy hands dirty, so maybe using gloves could help thee.

Enjoy! 🤭🥰

Hemix said:
Salads and fruits should be enough, specially bananas (two or three pieces).

Btw, for thy first time, I'd suggest not sitting down, it will be easier for thee to get clean (although I did it during my first time 😁).

Thou'lt definitely get thy hands dirty, so maybe using gloves could help thee.

Enjoy! 🤭🥰
Ahh, thanks
I'll look for some gloves, but if I won't find any I'm just gonna wash my hands very often

Back