Adventure bikers

Not an ADV biker, but I ride a 2010 HD Ultra Classic. Currently looking out the window at the snow on the ground and longing for warm weather and clean roads.

Reactions: Zeke and chamberpot
RedStripeLvr said:
Not an ADV biker, but I ride a 2010 HD Ultra Classic. Currently looking out the window at the snow on the ground and longing for warm weather and clean roads.
Great bike I had a 2002 Ultra Classic gave it to my son last year when I gave up riding due to losing confidence in my awareness and reaction speed.

I may not have a duel sport motorcycle, but I do have a Chinese pit bike that I take out on adventures around my area. I've gotten into crazy twisty tight trails that only mountain bikes can ride on and I'm always on the lookout for some new Hill climb.

I have a 1972 Honda XL250 I will ride off road. I have a bigger bike for on the road.

I have a wr250r and I love getting padded up on long rides. I’ll even change my diaper in the woods where there are no people

Reactions: foxcub
Seth17 said:
I have a wr250r and I love getting padded up on long rides. I’ll even change my diaper in the woods where there are no people
I do the same

I started out riding a Suzuki trail/street over 50 years ago. I never bothered to get my motorcycle license back then as Wisconsin would issue you a 6 month permit without going to a testing station so I just kept getting permits. Then about 30 years ago I borrowed a friend’s Softtail Custom to go take my test. It was worth the wait as you no longer had to ride through the traffic cones in the parking lot of the licensing station, but instead they gave you a transmitter/receiver and followed you giving you the maneuvers they wanted you to execute. Then this winter I bought a 2006 Harley Dyna Wide Glide which I have wanted since a friend bought his Wide Glide over 40 years ago. It got warm enough here for me to ride it down to fuel it up a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it got warm enough for me to ride it 55 miles to my bank and back. The ride downtown was my first time on a motorcycle since I borrowed the Softtail Custom for my motorcycle license test over 30 years ago and it showed. I was a bit rusty, but it was coming back quickly yesterday so hopefully I’ll be back with all my dirt riding skills by this summer. There’s something about the instincts and reflexes that you develop riding in dirt, sand, swamps, hill climbing, and other conditions that are less than paved roads that make some of the best road bike riders that I know. These past 2 times riding are however my only times riding diapered. Now I’m going to have to find a bag for my spare diapers and supplies that will fit in my saddlebags.

Reactions: chamberpot
Seth17 said:
When I was riding xr400's in the wood on knarly single tracks I never wore diapers, I would always pee in my gear whenever I had to go, from the mud holes to stream crossings I was always wet anyway so it was just as easy to pee in my pants or even easier then trying to get my pecker out of my gear and go trailside. Far as I know non of my riding buddies ever suspected.

• Wow
Reactions: Zeke and theancientmariner
chamberpot said:
When I was riding xr400's in the wood on knarly single tracks I never wore diapers, I would always pee in my gear whenever I had to go, from the mud holes to stream crossings I was always wet anyway so it was just as easy to pee in my pants or even easier then trying to get my pecker out of my gear and go trailside. Far as I know non of my riding buddies ever suspected.
Damn you're living the life on that XR400. Those things are nearly impossible to find now and if you can they're extremely expensive. I'd be honored to have any '90s Honda XR.

Antientmariner said:
Damn you're living the life on that XR400. Those things are nearly impossible to find now and if you can they're extremely expensive. I'd be honored to have any '90s Honda XR.
I had 4 of them in my stable one for me and then 3 others for buddies to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20161023_094939650.jpg
    IMG_20161023_094939650.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
chamberpot said:
I had 4 of them in my stable one for me and then 3 others for buddies to ride.
Sorry you need to take a better picture of those bikes it was too pixelated for me. Here's my bike it's a Chinese Apollo 140 Screenshot_20220313-135154.png

IMG_20161023_094939650.jpg

Antientmariner said:
Sorry you need to take a better picture of those bikes it was too pixelated for me. Here's my bike it's a Chinese Apollo 140 View attachment 74065
great looking bike

chamberpot said:
great looking bike
You know what's sad is that I bought two Apollo 140s but only one gets used. I bought a blue one for my buddy and he's yet to even ride it because he's just so busy with work. I'm looking to sell both of them because if I can't have a riding buddy I'm not going to have paid $4,000 for one bike. So I'm going to sell both of them and probably spend around $3,000 for one. Just in case you're wondering yes you can buy some pretty amazing Chinese bikes for that much. $3,000 for a Chinese bike is going to get me something pretty good. I don't have 6,000 for a Honda Suzuki Kawasaki or Yamaha. I purchased KTM 300 2 stroke a couple years back but it turned on to be a disaster project. So for now I can keep myself happy with knowing the bike I have is brand new and no one touches it but me. I'm super jealous by the way of all those xr400s. You guys are seriously living the life out in the woods. Would be cool if I can ride in the woods for once. Riding is pretty limited here in Southern California, they don't like dirt bikes around here, and it's sad that they want to outlaw motorized dirt bikes sometime in the near future. ✌️

Last edited:
oh for sure they would like to outlaw off road bikes up here also, I really used to enjoy going out for the day there is a huge of good riding right out my back door sadly I had to give it up as I just couldn't do it any more I didn't have the energy it takes, wrestling a woods bike around is just more then I can do now.

chamberpot said:
oh for sure they would like to outlaw off road bikes up here also, I really used to enjoy going out for the day there is a huge of good riding right out my back door sadly I had to give it up as I just couldn't do it any more I didn't have the energy it takes, wrestling a woods bike around is just more then I can do now.
Might I suggest a mini bike? It may not be an adventure bike but damn it those things haul ass. It's fun to ride down the bike trail that follows the river. Or any trail for that matter. Yes, I do take it off road. No, it ain't meant for that. But is it fun to hillclimb with one long gear? Hell yeah 👍 I tried to upload a picture of mine, but my phone isn't allowing it. It's a predator 212 with stage 2 upgrades. I have a Jurassic Park logo on the front plate so whenever they see me coming they know it's the Jurassic Park bike lol

You guys are spoiled with those monoshock, long travel suspensions. My old Suzuki T/S had about 3-1/2” of travel on both ends and I think that I may still have the bruises to prove it over 50 years later! My Harley seems to ride more like my Suzuki used to but I’ve got to adjust some preloads, when I get the coil over wrenches I ordered this Saturday, and see if I can’t improve that a bit. I know that a Wide Glide is never going to ride as smooth as a touring bike, but I think an improvement can be made with some preload tuning.

Last edited:
I have definitely peed myself after getting wet in the rain before on a bike not wearing diapers

I have a 2015 Honda CB500 adventure motorcycle.... I also have a 2011 Harley Road Glide, and a 2007 Harley Super Glide, both harley's have 107ci big bore kits...

I've got a WR250F for trail riding year round and a 2001 Fireblade for sunny days. Most of my trail riding is local and it's amazing how away from it all I can feel less than 30 miles from my front door just by using the byways and back lanes that I wouldn't entertain on the 'blade. Only wore a pull up on any bike for the first time at the weekend. Not sure the two are compatible for me cos I like to be little when I'm wearing a nappy but perhaps it's just early days.

Back