Adventure bikers

Silly as it sounds I quite like the idea of Hondas trail 125. Basically a new interpretation of the old ct90. Yeah the great big cruisers and dual sports are great but I think it would be fun to have a small bike to romp around and commute to work with 100+mpg. Too bad there impossible to find near me!

Reactions: lulu22
I ride a BMW1250GSA and would love to meet up with other riders in or around East Anglia

Reactions: jdlake131
DontKnowDude said:
Silly as it sounds I quite like the idea of Hondas trail 125. Basically a new interpretation of the old ct90. Yeah the great big cruisers and dual sports are great but I think it would be fun to have a small bike to romp around and commute to work with 100+mpg. Too bad there impossible to find near me!
Doesn't sound silly at all! Mine's a 250 but that is absolutely all I need for trail riding. Nothing wrong with a 125. Easier to pick up when you fall off (y)

Reactions: chamberpot
DontKnowDude said:
Another post got me thinking. There any other adv bikers on here? Ive got a klr650. Looking forward to some new aluminum panniers this spring! Might do a trip to the adirondack mountians later in the year.

Let's hear what bikes you got and if you've done any awesome trips on them!
I ride a 2009 bmw f800gs. I have put 1500 miles on it in the first month. No big trips done yet, I am planning some for the summer for sure though.

DontKnowDude said:
the 250/300 bikes from all the big brands are the way, they have the power to get up slopes and not bog better than the 125s and cost about the same

foxcub said:
the 250/300 bikes from all the big brands are the way, they have the power to get up slopes and not bog better than the 125s and cost about the same
The 125 isint what I would call a dirt bike like most of the 250s and 300s. It's more of a light trail bike. I agree a 300 is better on the trails but on the road a knobby tire is not so much fun! The 125 is more of a fun toy to toss in with the dual sports I already ride. Kinda like the Grom. You can get more power for not much more money but people still love them!

Last edited:
DontKnowDude said:
I have a 2019 Hunter Cub myself. I love it. Other than an oil change every 6 months its zero maintenance. I wouldn't mind buying a set of saddle bags and elastic net to hold more gear to the rear rack.

This summer I want to do a week long road trip on the Cub around Door County, Wisconsin.

I ride a little Honda cbf 125 2015 model to work everyday but its not much of an adventure bike

Tessa said:
I have a 2019 Hunter Cub myself. I love it. Other than an oil change every 6 months its zero maintenance. I wouldn't mind buying a set of saddle bags and elastic net to hold more gear to the rear rack.

This summer I want to do a week long road trip on the Cub around Door County, Wisconsin.
Nice! I frequently visit Green Bay WI, I was just there a couple weeks ago and have been itching to check out Door county. I've been told the maritime museum in Sturgeon Bay is pretty good.

The WWII Submarine they have is really cool. Well worth it to poke around inside. Also Washington Island Im putting in as well.

Reactions: DontKnowDude
I started with a 500 super with a Honda. Eventually I got that BMW 1250 GSP. I use it up around north Michigan and up to Canada. The best ride I had.

Tessa said:
The WWII Submarine they have is really cool. Well worth it to poke around inside. Also Washington Island Im putting in as well.
If your talking about USS Cobia, I've been on that sub. It was in Manitowoc at the maritime museum there. Very impressive!

Last edited:
Back