Adult bed wetters

Mathew said:
There no better feeling than waking up in a soaked bed. . If I do wake while I'm peeing I just keep on going. Always got great pleasure from wetting my bed.
Me to I just fall straight back to sleep in my wetness. Having a wet bed never bothers me, it never did.

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
Wetshisbed said:
Me to I just fall straight back to sleep in my wetness. Having a wet bed never bothers me, it never did.
What is a dry bed?

I became a bedwetter as an adult due to the combination of a severe accident, surgeries, and age.

Although I bedwet, I still have some control. However, I find it almost impossible to go back to sleep after getting up to pee at least twice a night and stripping off a onesie, plastic pants, and the diaper, and then putting the same back on. The lack of sleep was killing my Quality of Life.

Now, if I wake up, I just void in the diaper and fall back to sleep. I discussed this with my urologist and he is fine with it. Of course, no urologist is really "happy" if you are using a diaper.:)

--John
(double incontinent)

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012 and sport1
jdinvirginia said:
I became a bedwetter as an adult due to the combination of a severe accident, surgeries, and age.

Although I bedwet, I still have some control. However, I find it almost impossible to go back to sleep after getting up to pee at least twice a night and stripping off a onesie, plastic pants, and the diaper, and then putting the same back on. The lack of sleep was killing my Quality of Life.

Now, if I wake up, I just void in the diaper and fall back to sleep. I discussed this with my urologist and he is fine with it. Of course, no urologist is really "happy" if you are using a diaper.:)

--John
(double incontinent)
I agree with you when younger could get up but always had a bad time getting back to sleep.Then when my incontinence got worse wife pushed me into diapers have sleep better.

Reactions: Diprs2, jdinvirginia and Jr2012
Lyric said:
I'm 75 and woke up this morning in a soaked diaper and rubber pants. Slept through the night and never aware of wetting myself. Had a wonder ful dream in the morning before waking and once again found my diapers soaked.
I’m feeling a little short changed. I haven’t hardly had a dream life since I had my seizure a little over 5 years ago. I’m not sure if it was because of the seizure or the effects of getting off of Effexor XL that I had been taking for about 10 years. After the bizarre dreams that I had when I was weaning off the Effexor I hesitate to complain about not dreaming. If that kind of nightmare was my only choice I’d much rather go without dreams. I do have to endorse the cloth diapers and rubber (I wear plastic) pants though. You’ve got 10 years on me which gives me hope of making it a few more years!

Reactions: Diprs2
jdinvirginia said:
Of course, no urologist is really "happy" if you are using a diaper.:)
Why the Hell is that anyhow? Is it because they see diapers as a failure on their part to cure the problem, or is it because there’s no revenue in diapers for them, or something else?

Reactions: Diprs2 and jdinvirginia
Neurogenic bladder here...

During the day, I have limited bladder control because of medication, self-cathing, and a voiding schedule, but still need to wear a diaper.

It's a toss up if I wet during bedtime. My preferred sleep position prevents me from wetting. If I don't change position while sleeping, I wake up dry. If I change position while sleeping, I wake up wet.

On the rare occasion the need to pee wakes me during the night, it means my bladder is over 1200mL. A slight change in body position will cause me to start wetting, and because of the quantity I need to roll on my back to prevent leaks. I fall back to sleep while still wetting.

When I wake in the morning, I start wetting as soon as I move. I will output 600-1400mL, depending on whether I wet during the night, so I need to roll on my back or get up immediately, again to prevent leaks.

For context, I am using the phrase "start wetting" in an involuntary sense.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Aby
sport1 said:
What is a dry bed?
Wet diaper all good. Wet sheets no way. Reusable bed pads are cheap for the number of uses you get out of them. I my diaper is leaking I change it and the pad I lay on. I just cant stand to lay in cold pee up my back.

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaper44 and hoimi
CheshireCat said:
My preferred sleep position prevents me from wetting
Strangely i think i have the same problem. I sleep mostly on my belly and i do feel this clenches things more. My doc was really surprised when i told him i still didn't seem to wet in my sleep despite having no more sphincters and thinks it's the pelvis so he told me to take a sleep aid and 10mg valium to relax that more. It does help but better when I don't sleep on my belly. So i assume you sleep in a similar position?

winterheart01 said:
Strangely i think i have the same problem. I sleep mostly on my belly and i do feel this clenches things more. My doc was really surprised when i told him i still didn't seem to wet in my sleep despite having no more sphincters and thinks it's the pelvis so he told me to take a sleep aid and 10mg valium to relax that more. It does help but better when I don't sleep on my belly. So i assume you sleep in a similar position?
I sleep not quite flat on my belly. I tuck a pillow under my right shoulder and bend my right knee slightly. If I reverse my position (pillow under left shoulder) I dribble constantly. So it's definitely that position. Likewise, sitting upright in a chair I don't wet, but reclining somewhat causes leakage, even if I've just emptied my bladder.

CheshireCat said:
I sleep not quite flat on my belly. I tuck a pillow under my right shoulder and bend my right knee slightly. If I reverse my position (pillow under left shoulder) I dribble constantly. So it's definitely that position. Likewise, sitting upright in a chair I don't wet, but reclining somewhat causes leakage, even if I've just emptied my bladder.
I too don't sleep flat on my belly, I just don't tuck any pillow under the shoulder, my main pillow is so large it supports my right shoulder, and I keep my left knee bended as it is more comfortable for me, but then I don't seem to leak at all until I get out of bed and sit upright.
Same with sitting, when sitting , working behind a computer and bending a little bit forward everything is clenched. Leaning backward or just lifting my bum and everything comes out (or just a drop if it happened recently already).
With those sleeping aid and last surgery I don't wake up every 2 hours with painful urge anymore but i'm afraid there's still too much bladder residue left during sleep. Will have another test done next week though.
Sleeping on my back would help but somehow I always end up either sideways or back on my belly :3

KitsuneFox said:
My bed wetting started with the occasional accidents during the night .. now-a-days I wet heavy every night .

Yay for slowly deteriorating nerves !
Sadly my incotinence is due to nerve damage as well due to cerebral palsy, I still leak at night sometimes and I’m so embarrassed

Reactions: Diprs2 and jdinvirginia
Re urologists, they understandably want to cure the underlying medical cause. Just "managing" the incontinence is not what they went to medical school for. Some are more flexible and understanding than others. Mine is very helpful.:)

jdinvirginia said:
Re urologists, they understandably want to cure the underlying medical cause. Just "managing" the incontinence is not what they went to medical school for. Some are more flexible and understanding than others. Mine is very helpful.:)
So is mine, he granted me the option of full UIC if if it would improve my quality of life opposed to urostomy and still not having bacteria uti solved.
I live with some more inconveniences but when all is healed, without pain or discomfort.
He's the only one of the 5 i asked for a different opinion that would truly help me if it would make my life better from my point of view.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaperman95
winterheart01 said:
So is mine, he granted me the option of full UIC if if it would improve my quality of life opposed to urostomy and still not having bacteria uti solved.
I live with some more inconveniences but when all is healed, without pain or discomfort.
He's the only one of the 5 i asked for a different opinion that would truly help me if it would make my life better from my point of view.
Even though I have a hard time holding my bladder. It hardly ever empties all the way. To keep from getting infection from stagnant urine I self cath every night before bed. I would love for them to cut me so I would just drain and not have to do that bullshit. I mean the interstical cystitis shit has me so flared that I am peeing every ten minutes anyway. Most with very very little control as my body has gotten use to expelling the piss everytime I feel pressure. So its not going to change quality of life for me in any way but a positive. But it's not that big of a deal I have been doing it 26 years now I dont know any different. I am numb to the catheter after so many thousand times you really cant say it is even uncomfortable to do. Never could stand to wear a Foley though even though I have some.

jdinvirginia said:
Mine wasn't interested in how I would manage the problem. I was refered to the continence nurse for that.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaper44
Diaperman95 said:
Even though I have a hard time holding my bladder. It hardly ever empties all the way. To keep from getting infection from stagnant urine I self cath every night before bed. I would love for them to cut me so I would just drain and not have to do that bullshit. I mean the interstical cystitis shit has me so flared that I am peeing every ten minutes anyway. Most with very very little control as my body has gotten use to expelling the piss everytime I feel pressure. So its not going to change quality of life for me in any way but a positive. But it's not that big of a deal I have been doing it 26 years now I dont know any different. I am numb to the catheter after so many thousand times you really cant say it is even uncomfortable to do. Never could stand to wear a Foley though even though I have some.
Any bleeding with catheter usage, dude, I’ve had to do that,it was painful and embarrassing, I actually wet myself while awake like a baby

Diaperman95 said:
They wanted me to self cath 2 x a day too but that doctor didn't seem to care my urethra is full of scr tissue from previous surgeries (they had to remove portions to make it wider and that caused scar tissue) so I then opted to suffer once a week for inserting a foley but that was even more painful on the bladder neck. They then wanted to shove a urostomy that I had to catheterise 5 - 6 or os times a day in me but after consulting various medical sources I refused and looked for other help.
The thing is this surgery (sphincterotomy) is rarely done, even when it is very much needed, they still prefer to do different things. A local friend of mine goes to my same doctor and has interstitial cystitis but he refuses to self cath (mainly because his job requires him to be on the road a lot and because of the pain ) and foley's get squished by his bladder neck spasms, so he too asked my doc for the same surgery and he said no ;(
He's now trying to figure out what to do and how to deal with this both physically and mentally because he's about to break, and I don't find it fair that despite his suffering he doesn't get it :(

Now while standing I do empty the bladder fully but while I sleep not, I hope this won't cause bacterial complications but depending on my position / stance, my bladder doesn't empty fully either, when it doesn't I just move, stand up or move etc but at night I prefer to sleep :)
But I am happy I can continue with life, I only have to worry about changing in time, anything else goes automatic, no more urges, toilet finding stress, retention issues etc.

WBxx said:
Yes, the shame/disgrace of sleep wetting, it’s the ultimate high for me.
I never thought about it that way, but there is probably something to that.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jr2012
winterheart01 said:
They wanted me to self cath 2 x a day too but that doctor didn't seem to care my urethra is full of scr tissue from previous surgeries (they had to remove portions to make it wider and that caused scar tissue) so I then opted to suffer once a week for inserting a foley but that was even more painful on the bladder neck. They then wanted to shove a urostomy that I had to catheterise 5 - 6 or os times a day in me but after consulting various medical sources I refused and looked for other help.
The thing is this surgery (sphincterotomy) is rarely done, even when it is very much needed, they still prefer to do different things. A local friend of mine goes to my same doctor and has interstitial cystitis but he refuses to self cath (mainly because his job requires him to be on the road a lot and because of the pain ) and foley's get squished by his bladder neck spasms, so he too asked my doc for the same surgery and he said no ;(
He's now trying to figure out what to do and how to deal with this both physically and mentally because he's about to break, and I don't find it fair that despite his suffering he doesn't get it :(

Now while standing I do empty the bladder fully but while I sleep not, I hope this won't cause bacterial complications but depending on my position / stance, my bladder doesn't empty fully either, when it doesn't I just move, stand up or move etc but at night I prefer to sleep :)
But I am happy I can continue with life, I only have to worry about changing in time, anything else goes automatic, no more urges, toilet finding stress, retention issues etc.
Sorry to hear about your freind as well. this shit I would not wish on my worse enemy. But after years of living with it I survive it now without to much bitching. One of the worse things is it kind of feels like I have a infection most the time but that's just part of the painful bladder shit. The bad side is with some retention I do get infections more than most people by far especial for a male. The down side is when you already hurt like that it takes that early warning away. Most people know real fast if they have a infection because it hurts and burns. But that's how my pee is most of the time every day of my life. That makes infections dangerous because sometimes they can be pretty advanced before I realize I have a infection. Enough I have ended up in the ICU a few times and the hospital a bunch over the years. That shit gets in your blood it can be very dangerous so why these doctors dont want to let things drain naturally with no control because it's not acepted in society is beyond me. Instead they want you to introduce a foreign object to your body. Well I dont care how careful you are or how much iodine you use. You are going to introduce infection into the bladder if you use a catheter at some point as well. It's just it's a less chance than the stagnant urine setting and causing one. So I would love to have that same procedure done and wish he did it for your friend as well. I mean years ago it was a real big curse to have sever incontinence because the products sucked so bad. Trust me I remember the 90s well. But with the diapers today people should get a choice. UTIs are no joke. I just finished the antibiotics for my 3rd one this year.

I cant say I blame you on the urostomy pouch surgery. I would never do that or any type of diversion for that matter. I mean unless my life depended on it I might. I had a iterstem put in for my bladder once in 06. That ended bad too. Had it less than 6 months and had to have it removed do to infection around the implant. So I am done unless I could convince mg Uroligest into it. He knows me well and does feel bad for me. Years ago he mentioned doing the procedure to open up and widen my bladder neck but was afraid long term it would make things worse. He said said that often ends up in incontinence or worse incontinence in my case. but that was 25 years ago and I ended up fucked up anyway. . And yes I stil see the same dude. But he is getting kind of older now. Any way. Glad you deal with it good that's all we can do man. Play the cards we was dealt. I am just glad I enjoy a nice soft dry diaper. Even if they dont stay that way. But to see it as taboo and then be dealt this hand would of sucked.

Reactions: Diprs2 and winterheart01
Back