Abuniverse Space Diapers, Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wearing my second one now. I am 5'9" 130lbs with a 31' waist.

I had an issue with my first one. I was on my second wetting and it had already leaked when I was sitting down. They are VERY wide diapers and for a smallish person like myself the fit is somewhat awkward. The diaper naturally bunches up in the crotch area due to the width, prone to leaking if not put on right. I highly recommend folding the diaper lengthwise before putting on, making it more flush with the body and ensuring the leak guards are fully up. This was also my first attempt at using AB/DL targeted diapers. I fit the Abena M4 perfectly and it shapes to my body superbly for context.

I will keep using these and find what works best for me personally on how to fit them best.

akm44 said:
I am wearing my second one now. I am 5'9" 130lbs with a 31' waist.

I had an issue with my first one. I was on my second wetting and it had already leaked when I was sitting down. They are VERY wide diapers and for a smallish person like myself the fit is somewhat awkward. The diaper naturally bunches up in the crotch area due to the width, prone to leaking if not put on right. I highly recommend folding the diaper lengthwise before putting on, making it more flush with the body and ensuring the leak guards are fully up. This was also my first attempt at using AB/DL targeted diapers. I fit the Abena M4 perfectly and it shapes to my body superbly for context.

I will keep using these and find what works best for me personally on how to fit them best.

I find with all new diapers it takes me a few attempts to get them fitting correctly on my body. Abenas are narrower in between the legs so usually folding them in half length wise to make a "U" shape does the trick. With the thicker diapers I try to make the padding look like three "U"s instead of just one, it looks more like uUu.

parcelboy2 said:
what about europe !

Europe will have stock in approximately a week!

Regarding Japan: Take a look at the international shipping cost by going through checkout on our website and seeing the final cost for shipping - this is the best way to find out! If it's terribly high (more than you think it should be), email us at [email protected] and we will see if there are better options.

-Casey :)

I ordered some samples. First ever order from this company - you've all got me curious!

I think the print is not going to work for me. I like pastels. So snuggies is pretty good for me but my favorite is the Rearz footprints.

Well, I took the plunge and ordered 40. If I don't fare any better with these than I have with every other disposable I've tried since 2006, I think I'm going to stick to cloth from now on! Extensive sag, popping tapes and poor fit in all the other brands - Bambino, Tena, Abena, etc. - make me skeptical.

DLMunky said:
I find with all new diapers it takes me a few attempts to get them fitting correctly on my body. Abenas are narrower in between the legs so usually folding them in half length wise to make a "U" shape does the trick. With the thicker diapers I try to make the padding look like three "U"s instead of just one, it looks more like uUu.

Good tip I'll try that. Its an intuitive concept but here is a simple video of what we're talking about for anybody who doesn't know...I think everybody does this to some extent anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibUH5Z0bVqI

My second go with the ABU Space was MUCH more successful. After three retapings I achieved a proper fit and the diaper held 4 good wettings without leaking. Sitting, standing, laying on my side all held up. Due to time constraints I had to remove the diaper before wanting to and it still had probably 3 large wettings left in its capacity. Very impressed. I wore boxer briefs and loose pants over the diaper. The taping system is great and imperative for people like myself who have trouble getting a proper fit the first time.

As a male with the wide crotch padding of the diaper, if you don't get your man parts positioned straight down the middle of the padding, you may be more prone to leaks. Not had this issue with other diapers but since the the ABU Space is so wide, you can find yourself having your man parts skewed to one side of the leg gathers and not straight down the middle.

I'm finally going to try this diaper for the first time next week omg aisha is so excited!!!

akm44 said:
As a male with the wide crotch padding of the diaper, if you don't get your man parts positioned straight down the middle of the padding, you may be more prone to leaks. Not had this issue with other diapers but since the the ABU Space is so wide, you can find yourself having your man parts skewed to one side of the leg gathers and not straight down the middle.

If your boys hang low, you'll be grateful for that extra room. Makes for a much deeper "V" to allow some room for drainage... ;P

Just picked up my package of space diapers yesterday and I was soooo excited to try them on. I love the feel of the plastic and the print is fabulous. The feel is fabulous and luxurious. The fit is good and the tapes are refastenable. i ripped the first one because i tugged on it too hard😰. Hope they all are not like that. For the most part i am pleased with them.😀

dlover said:
i ripped the first one because i tugged on it too hard��. Hope they all are not like that.

The tape panel is pretty good but the tapes are really sticky. They get a good grip - if you need to move one, peel it back slowly or you might tear the panel.

Well, ordered a case. No shipping details yet, hopefully they show on the portal on Monday.
Want NOOOWWWWW!.

That commercial for the ABU Space is awesome. Someone had a bit of fun making that methinks

SakiKirisima said:
I am holding a very interested in this item.
In particular, and whether the diaper is made thicker than the "tena slip maxi" and "Crinklz"?
For me, disposable diapers thick, and soft of is the ideal.
Come, I want to see you try this.
And I want to hear the opinions of everyone.
I know the Space Diapers are thicker than Tena Maxi, but haven't tried Crinklz. From what I know, Space Diapers are a wee bit thicker than Bellissimos.

I've thinking about buying these, but they still seem a bit overpriced. I can buy a case of 80 snuggies (Tykables) overnights for $20 less. Are these really that much better?

Well, my first experience was awesome! I flooded the diaper twice and it absorbed so quickly it was amazing. Unfortunately i couldnt keep going cause i had somewhere to be, but i am very impressed. And i have never had one that was so thick before, i was waddeling lol.

INTrePid said:
I've thinking about buying these, but they still seem a bit overpriced. I can buy a case of 80 snuggies (Tykables) overnights for $20 less. Are these really that much better?

For sheer absorbency, yes. They can take at least one extra flood. The tapes are better as well, and they are more bulky. If you want babyish appearance, the Overnights win hands down.

The ABU Space and Bambino Bellissimos are both similar, coming from the same manufacturer. You cannot go wrong with either one. Although the Bellissimos are the very best on the market, at any price, the ABU Space is a good stand in when quantities of the Bellissimos are low. Both are a great investment when a medical need exists, and reliability cannot be compromised. I would be very careful with other brands, especially from manufacturers based in the United States. China has demonstrated that they have far better quality control with their diapers, with proven absorbency and reliability. American manufacturers can't even come close. The Confidry 24/7 product was good in its day, but they have thinned down and cheapened recently along with the Abenas. The Abena M4's are absolutely the cheapest adult diaper I would get at this point, with anything below that level being pure trash.

Honeywell6180 said:
The ABU Space and Bambino Bellissimos are both similar, coming from the same manufacturer. You cannot go wrong with either one. Although the Bellissimos are the very best on the market, at any price, the ABU Space is a good stand in when quantities of the Bellissimos are low. Both are a great investment when a medical need exists, and reliability cannot be compromised. I would be very careful with other brands, especially from manufacturers based in the United States. China has demonstrated that they have far better quality control with their diapers, with proven absorbency and reliability. American manufacturers can't even come close. The Confidry 24/7 product was good in its day, but they have thinned down and cheapened recently along with the Abenas. The Abena M4's are absolutely the cheapest adult diaper I would get at this point, with anything below that level being pure trash.

Interesting. I've heard some stories from people claiming that Bambino has decreased the absorbency and/or thickness of the Bellissimo. Maybe they just have a different impression of the product now that they've tried other brands.

Does anyone know where the Snuggies are produced? I've heard some people have had issues with the tapes. I haven't tried the Overnights or the Space diapers yet so I'm trying to decide which to order first.

They're almost all made in china. The discussion often evolves around "what machine are they made on?" which usually generalizes the cut shape of the outer shell and more tellingly, the cut shape of the padding. (we've heard from those in the business, describing how the dies used to cut those parts are quite expensive, so they're not likely to vary those on a single machine) Also determines the tapes, front/rear elastic, and leak guards. From there, a lot can be customized to the buyer's request. But the above determines the general fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back