ABU change super dry kids

eddy200 said:
I too am very impressed with the current iteration. If I need more absorbency I just add a booster.
I went to order a case of power ups, this past summer I experimented with cutting the back outside plastic near the top waistband and sliding a booster down the core of the diaper so it was on the outside of the leak guards, it worked very well and was awesome, especially when the diaper was wet, it bulged outward and you didnt have worry about leaks or blow outs.

I just wish they made a 4-tape version as I love the feel of outer plastic shell on the SuperDry Kids but 2-tapes nappies fit really badly on me

Reactions: PlastiBrain
BabyBoyRyan said:
I just wish they made a 4-tape version as I love the feel of outer plastic shell on the SuperDry Kids but 2-tapes nappies fit really badly on me
Shhh don’t give them any ideas!

Reactions: PlastiBrain and Lewis Badger
Twee said:
Shhh don’t give them any ideas!
I agree. There are plenty of other 4 tape diapers.

Reactions: Lewis Badger and Jbo
eddy200 said:
I am in this position too. I got some of these SDKs and I absolutely love the current fit! I’ve ordered another case, and I may order a third as the fit with the size large combined with the ‘off tapes’ fits me perfectly!
Your photo looks like it could literally be a photo of a little kid in a diaper from the 90's! Lol.

They look super cute on you!

But seriously though, I have a huge photo album that my Mom left for me and there are dozens of photos of me from the late 80's/early 90's running around, playing, and just generally hanging out in my diaper, and your photo brought me back and totally reminded me of those photos.
Diapers just had a different look back then. The way they fit, they way they hung off the wearer, the way they swelled and bunched up in certain places when they were getting close to needing to be changed, and I think ABU nailed it.. especially with the most current version (even with the waist band).

Anyway. I just wanted to let you know how cute I thought your pic was. 😊

Reactions: eddy200
Rescue said:
Litterally the only thing that kept me from buying SDKs was the lack of a front waist band. Its a huge aspect for me for some reason. Ill be more inclined to make the purchase now!
Well there are plenty of diapers on the market with them, but these are marketed as a vintage 90’s pampers and those never had the waist bands.
But everyone has their preference I personally never really had waist bands that prevented leaks or blowouts, so they are useless from my stand point.

jamiejamie said:
I agree. There are plenty of other 4 tape diapers.
And cloth backed, hook and loop.
I wish they would leave our vintage one ( they only one) alone lol 😆

Reactions: jamiejamie
DloverUK said:
It's annoying that they keep changing it though, wish they would get rid of the blue tint.

Not that they're ever in stock over here in Europe anyway..
I've thought that
...it genders them quite a lot
...and that's me seriously saying that.
-
WE
PP (and more)

Last edited:
Well some pampers did have a waistband but the design these were supposed to represent didn't have one.

Twee said:
I am so aggravated by the constant changes with the sdk’s, it’s like every passing year they become further and further from the 90’s pampers replica they once where known for.
I wish the old owner would start up a new company and bring back the original v1’s even if that means changing the print,
Everything about v1 was perfect, the cut the padding shape and the plastic all it needed was more thickness.
I have 2 1/2 packs of the v1’s left and I have to save them for special occasions. I’m about to give up on abu and try rearz .
I dunno why you have an issue. The diaper that the SDK's are based off of had a waistband. If anything they are moving closer to the design of diapers of that era.

Twee said:
I wish the old owner would start up a new company and bring back the original v1’s even if that means changing the print,
LOL, so you want to place orders, pay money and not get the product... thats what the old company did before Casey and crew bought them out. Also the old original sdk's only had like 2500ml to them, they were almost equal to depends in absorbency and quality, plus the tapes sucked to.

I'm really not sure about the stretchy front too. I'll still order them when I run out of the current stock, but I've tried their other two tapes before and they didn't fit great because of that. At least that's what I attributed it to.

WeakEndPartyPerson said:
I've thought that
...it genders them quite a lot
...and that's me seriously saying that.
-
WE
PP (and more)
Personally I don't care about them being 'gendered'. I just think it makes them less authentic. The real baby diapers didn't look so blue on the outside.

quartz200420012 said:
I dunno why you have an issue. The diaper that the SDK's are based off of had a waistband. If anything they are moving closer to the design of diapers of that era.
No they didn’t , the early 90’s diapers had no waist bands it wasn’t till the late 90’s that they started with them.

pampers4U said:
LOL, so you want to place orders, pay money and not get the product... thats what the old company did before Casey and crew bought them out. Also the old original sdk's only had like 2500ml to them, they were almost equal to depends in absorbency and quality, plus the tapes sucked to.
I never had a problem with the old owner, I know there are people who did, most of the problems occurred when the business was collapsing, I remember Casey posting about how the wharehouse was in shambles when he took over. As far as the diaper goes, yes it needed to be way more thicker and for the tapes , I never had a problem with the tapes.

Well just got my 2 packs of sdk’s medium and I just opened it slightly to feel the plastic and yes it’s more buttery smooth and not Vinyl feeling like last runs so a big plus!
The mediums have always fit perfect on me so if the moved the tapes by one inch would it make a big difference in the fit and would they be to small ???

pampers4U said:
Also, it is noted on the website that the factory installed the single tapes more centered on the wing so the size fit is about 1" smaller on both the sdk's and cushies, I might have to buy a pack of cushies in size large to try this out, as the normal mediums are a bit to small but the larges seem a bit big on me, hopefully this small error is my gain lol.
Ok, thanks for the info. I could have sworn someone said abu said the tape move was a mistake and would be corrected on the next batch but whatever. My question is if mediums always fit me perfectly would the new tape placement make a big difference on the fit that I would have to go to a large?

Poohbearboy said:
So here's my thing why make a vintage-style diaper if you're just going to update with the times. That would be like buying a vintage car not keeping any of the original parts on it.
You are correct. What I don’t understand is there are plenty of diapers that are updated with the times, why mess with one of the only vintage ones we have? What’s next?are they gonna turn them into cloth backed hook and loop? I hope not.

Reactions: VintagePampers1990
diaperboymke said:
Your photo looks like it could literally be a photo of a little kid in a diaper from the 90's! Lol.

They look super cute on you!

But seriously though, I have a huge photo album that my Mom left for me and there are dozens of photos of me from the late 80's/early 90's running around, playing, and just generally hanging out in my diaper, and your photo brought me back and totally reminded me of those photos.
Diapers just had a different look back then. The way they fit, they way they hung off the wearer, the way they swelled and bunched up in certain places when they were getting close to needing to be changed, and I think ABU nailed it.. especially with the most current version (even with the waist band).

Anyway. I just wanted to let you know how cute I thought your pic was. 😊
Hehe, thanks!

eddy200 said:
Hehe, thanks!
Do the sizes feel the same as previous versions? Meaning true to size?

Back