ABU change super dry kids

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Now they put a waistband on both front and back instead of just the back now. What does not look like the original pampers baby dry diapers is supposed to be like the adult size. I also don't understand why ABU needs to add the change to the diaper but it takes away from the actual vintage pampers look to it.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: furry121, ABdrew, TheWaddlingDad and 4 others
Personally I don't mind it having a front waistband, it's more comfortable.

It's annoying that they keep changing it though, wish they would get rid of the blue tint.

Not that they're ever in stock over here in Europe anyway..

Reactions: PlastiBrain and littledreamers333
now they need to do this to the barebums and the preeschools :)
waistebands are a huge deal to have on most diapers to some :)

Honestly a wasiteband is not a bad idea/ as for function, function over looks, who remembers when they considered abu as a play diaper only!
sorry but people use their diapers so id rather have the waistebands :)

Reactions: littledreamers333, 12srepaid, eddy200 and 1 other person
I actually prefer having waistbands, lack of them aggravates me. Wish I could buy ABU on Amazon and have them shipped to a locker, would hands down do a variety of samples

Reactions: babybobby, osirisboi15 and BobbiSueEllen
I LIKED that they didn't have the front waistband, they stayed up really well on me IMO.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Lewis Badger
Btw, it looks like they have added a front waistband to Cushies too. Maybe it's not possible to manufacture diapers without both waistbands these days and it's just something they had to do.

Curious to see if the diapers look different. Personally I liked Cushies and SDKs because they vaguely felt like baby diapers in adult size, rather than adult diapers with babyish designs slapped on (which obviously is what they are).

Reactions: TigerDL, PlastiBrain and Jbo
I’m excited about this. I always like the Kiddo diaper best because of the 2 waist bands. Gotta order some.

Reactions: atechno and BobbiSueEllen
Without a waistband, it had an actual vintage look to original but it is still a nice diaper design.

Reactions: Jbo and BobbiSueEllen
I would agree the vintage look is compromised. Obviously a personal preference to have the from loose or banded.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Waistbands were not put on diapers until the late '90s and this seems to be marketed as an adult remake of the pampers baby dry. That is also true it is a personal preference.

Reactions: Jbo and BobbiSueEllen
DloverUK said:
Btw, it looks like they have added a front waistband to Cushies too. Maybe it's not possible to manufacture diapers without both waistbands these days and it's just something they had to do.

Curious to see if the diapers look different. Personally I liked Cushies and SDKs because they vaguely felt like baby diapers in adult size, rather than adult diapers with babyish designs slapped on (which obviously is what they are).
I wish there was a diaper company that made diapers from the 70’s-80’s era to possibly early 90’s for us gen xer’s.
We for sure are the forgotten generation.

Reactions: utjerry, Abdlchriscrinkle and PNW509Little
DloverUK said:

Actually, if you look at medical diapers on market a lot of them still don't have waistbands on the front only the back. So it just seems like it is just something ABU decide to do.

I’ve yet to see a front elastic waistband on a diaper that actually does anything good. There’s almost never any tension on that elastic, because you’re taping well below it. As a result, it just makes the top edge of the diaper scrunch up awkwardly. Definitely not a great feature.

Reactions: TinkleTinkleLittleStar, littleluvs, Abdlchriscrinkle and 6 others
Cottontail said:
I’ve yet to see a front elastic waistband on a diaper that actually does anything good. There’s almost never any tension on that elastic, because you’re taping well below it. As a result, it just makes the top edge of the diaper scrunch up awkwardly. Definitely not a great feature.
It’s true there’s very little utility to the from waist band but aesthetically it removes the steady four or so inches of loose plastic other diapers have. To me that just looks unkempt. We’re all so different lol!

Also, it is noted on the website that the factory installed the single tapes more centered on the wing so the size fit is about 1" smaller on both the sdk's and cushies, I might have to buy a pack of cushies in size large to try this out, as the normal mediums are a bit to small but the larges seem a bit big on me, hopefully this small error is my gain lol.

Reactions: PlastiBrain, BobbiSueEllen and eddy200
I love how it now has the blue hue around it and the waistband. I have one of the old ones as well and think the new one is better quality

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and eddy200
Twee said:
I wish there was a diaper company that made diapers from the 70’s-80’s era to possibly early 90’s for us gen xer’s.
We for sure are the forgotten generation.
that would be amazing, even for the millennials!

Reactions: PlastiBrain, Abdlchriscrinkle and BobbiSueEllen
thiceman said:
I love how it now has the blue hue around it and the waistband. I have one of the old ones as well and think the new one is better quality
Yes quality in being dependable yes I agree, but the overall look especially missing that buttery smooth plastic it’s far from a replica vintage pampers.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
I love the blue too wish they would come out with pink too cause lots of plastic ones were either sex

Litterally the only thing that kept me from buying SDKs was the lack of a front waist band. Its a huge aspect for me for some reason. Ill be more inclined to make the purchase now!

Reactions: PlastiBrain, BobbiSueEllen and odd1inSyde
Back