Absorption male vs female

Sadly, manufacturers are either looking at means of reducing the cost of diapers to meet the demands of Institutional buyers for ultra-low cost diapers or huge capacity diapers. With hope, 2024 will bring some sanity to the industry.
I currently use the NorthShore Megamax line-up (all 3 permutations) for disposable diapers. On my last order I requested samples of their Supreme diapers, as I have not used them since they released Megamax. I was surprised at how well the Supreme worked for me.

Here are the attributes that make Megamax better than Supreme:
fuller fit, wider crotch, higher leak guards, tape landing zone, plastic backing on the original contains orders better.

Here are the attributes that make Supreme better than Megamax:
plastic backing on the original is very soft, absorbency, wicking, fast absorbency, excellent wicking, and did I mention absorbency & wicking.

Here are the attributes that make Megamax worse than Supreme:
much less discreet, slow wicking leads to leaks with multiple heavy voids leaving much of the diaper unused.

Here are the attributes that make Supreme worse than Megamax:
narrow crotch, second use tapes, very hard pad that must be overly "massaged" before wear leading to clumping during extended wear

Megamax is manufactured by a factory in China; Supreme is manufactured by a factory in Europe. If Northshore had full control over their manufacturing process they could combine the best elements of both diapers into one. But neither factory will retool without great expense or give up their pad "formula", so NorthShore carries two excellent but very different diapers types under their brand.

There are never simple answers with the expense of manufacturing. Either you create your own manufacturing and assembly line because you have the numbers or you rely on other companies to manufacture the various widgets to produce your product.

I am anticipating some unique changes in 2024!
That sounds rather... kinky! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: diaperdude and AttilaThePun
@edgewater It's been awhile since I have posted on ADISC. I forgot that quotes are not automatically attributed to the original poster. So to others reading my proceeding post, I am quoting Edgewater from post #40

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
CheshireCat said:
@edgewater It's been awhile since I have posted on ADISC. I forgot that quotes are not automatically attributed to the original poster. So to others reading my proceeding post, I am quoting Edgewater from post #40
Yaa, that feature sadly dropped.

It is my 2024 anticipation that NorthShore will take advantage of their International leverage to make changes to their line-up this coming year! Exactly what and when is unknown, but I am positive it will not be a marketing ploy of pushing the ultra max volume game higher.

Good to see you around the Forums!!

Reactions: AttilaThePun, CheshireCat and Zeke
Edgewater said:
And, once again, you have nailed it!!
Sadly, we are working again the tall piles of emails from those who want to wear their yoga pants while wearing diapers designed for even reasonable capacity.
So, you know about my thing for yoga pants?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, CheshireCat and Edgewater
And what's wrong with yoga pants @Edgewater? Is there a use by (age) for them?

They make great sleepwear for the winter. 👖🥶

• Haha
For those that wish to clearly define their diaper outline of a premium night-time diaper while out and about! They are likely as close as one gets while wearing something, over their diaper. Upper age limit, not my forte.
Enjoy!

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Edgewater said:
For those that wish to clearly define their diaper outline of a premium night-time diaper while out and about! They are likely as close as one gets while wearing something, over their diaper. Upper age limit, not my forte.
Enjoy!
There’s many things to consider when choosing the clothing that you wear over your containment garments as depicted by the attached photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Pino, AttilaThePun, slimjiminy and 1 other person
MarineJohn said:
Thoughts on diaper absorption.

This evening my wife and I got home and I had sprung a small leak. I was wearing a Rearz daydreamer which says it has a 11,000 mL capacity. I know I was nowhere near that amount.

It made me wonder if the capacity is different for men versus women due to the location where we leak relative to our anatomy.
I can speak from experience if you wore it a long time before you wet I feel if you walk a lot a lot of the fluff can move or also you might have been “adjusted” wrong if you know. The sides are usually first place to fail. How fast you wet could have also been a factor as well.

Splashing 9000 mil will leak if fast enough for example verses a slow trickle of 9000 mil. Sitting down laying down etc all also count

CheshireCat said:
I keep thinking about how incorporating a dedicated non absorbent wicking layer under the padding of an adult disposable diaper would be a game changer. Whether adult male or female, the issue is to move excess fluids away from an
Precisely. I noticed that years ago when trying out cloth diapers and compating their performance versos disposables. With todays SAP and cottonfluff in various fibre lenghts capacity is not an issue. But most diapers will leak way before utilizing their practical capacity(I'm NOT referring to useless ISO values). Yet there is so much paddign left dry. Although the Drylife diapers and others manufactored by Ontex tend to do a grat job at distributing. They get soked high up the back and front before leaking. So it IS possible. Noone needs a diaper with an ISO rating of 11 litres but making diapers that would reliably hold 1,5 to max. 2 litres whilst using the full padding would be both economical and practical for heavy duty usage.

Cheers

Edgewater said:
Enjoy!

I was mostly thinking on comfort in your own space as they are lighter and offer more movement.

As for being out and about, yeah, not my cup of tea, being discreet is preferred.

Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
Bearcatz said:
That diaper won't absorb that much even if you threw it in a lake. False advertising if you ask me.

I'd say I never noticed a huge difference between how wet my ex and I were before we'd typically need to change. As a guy, I can obviously cheat and point up to soak the front pad of the diaper like she never could, but she'd never have to worry about her dick pointing drastically to one side and leaking out one leg all of a sudden. There's advantages and disadvantages to both sets of plumbing.
But maybe there are more at play here than it seems. Plumbing you say, the frequency and intensity of the stream will probably also matter a lot. (yes I am a plumber)
Not sure what the difference is in boys versus girls compared to men verses women etc. But I do know that I need to hold back not to flood, and i do not like that at all.
Is that a problem women and girls also have?

Palle said:
But maybe there are more at play here than it seems. Plumbing you say, the frequency and intensity of the stream will probably also matter a lot. (yes I am a plumber)
Not sure what the difference is in boys versus girls compared to men verses women etc. But I do know that I need to hold back not to flood, and i do not like that at all.
Is that a problem women and girls also have?
Having been a radiologic technologist for 40+ years before I had to medically retire, I've participated in or performed a great many urinary system imaging studies. Therefore, I feel qualified to say that bladder capacity varies individually but that *generally* speaking males tend to have greater capacity to some extent. Also, the anatomically female urinary bladder has a uterus lying on top of it, thereby applying pressure to the bladder from above. Quantity of bowel contents, otherwise known as "stool burden," also influences how much urine anyone's bladder can hold, regardless of anatomical sex. For any age group, and regardless of anatomical sex, urinary retention either by willpower or by "system malfunction" can greatly increase bladder capacity - even to the point of damaging the muscular walls of the bladder.

That being said, I know that I myself cannot hold back to avoid flooding, due to my U-IC. I've noticed my frequency is less, but my volume of urine output per void is more, since my bowel prep for colonoscopy in September. (Turns out those folks who told me I'm "full of it" were quite possibly right! 🤣 ) I've had to change my diapering regimen because of the increased output per void. So, avoiding flooding is truly multi-factorial.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: Pino, Edgewater and Palle
AttilaThePun said:
Having been a radiologic technologist for 40+ years before I had to medically retire, I've participated in or performed a great many urinary system imaging studies. Therefore, I feel qualified to say that bladder capacity varies individually but that *generally* speaking males tend to have greater capacity to some extent. Also, the anatomically female urinary bladder has a uterus lying on top of it, thereby applying pressure to the bladder from above. Quantity of bowel contents, otherwise known as "stool burden," also influences how much urine anyone's bladder can hold, regardless of anatomical sex. For any age group, and regardless of anatomical sex, urinary retention either by willpower or by "system malfunction" can greatly increase bladder capacity - even to the point of damaging the muscular walls of the bladder.

That being said, I know that I myself cannot hold back to avoid flooding, due to my U-IC. I've noticed my frequency is less, but my volume of urine output per void is more, since my bowel prep for colonoscopy in September. (Turns out those folks who told me I'm "full of it" were quite possibly right! 🤣 ) I've had to change my diapering regimen because of the increased output per void. So, avoiding flooding is truly multi-factorial.
Well, when I said that I was a plumber, I really meant it. Not that it was an apparent merit in this case, but I do know the correlation between pressure and flow in all sorts of pipes. However, anatomy was never my strong suit, so I can only humble bow to the master! So generally speaking, Females have a smaller bladder and also possible external pressure on it, making them voiding more often than males. So they are even better suited for wetting a diaper? I don't understand this.
Why are males more prone to be fixated on diapers when we have the least physical advantages to use them?
Not that I'm IC in any way, but I do appreciate a good diaper to wet, but then there is the flooding problem. Do females even have this potential 'flooding' problem?

Palle said:
Well, when I said that I was a plumber, I really meant it. Not that it was an apparent merit in this case, but I do know the correlation between pressure and flow in all sorts of pipes. However, anatomy was never my strong suit, so I can only humble bow to the master! So generally speaking, Females have a smaller bladder and also possible external pressure on it, making them voiding more often than males. So they are even better suited for wetting a diaper? I don't understand this.
Why are males more prone to be fixated on diapers when we have the least physical advantages to use them?
Not that I'm IC in any way, but I do appreciate a good diaper to wet, but then there is the flooding problem. Do females even have this potential 'flooding' problem?
Plumbing 101, using the newest toilet tank , 3" trap and value that using three different release timelines! The quick flush and stop (lowest use of water), next the slightly longer release time and the one that meets current government requirements and the third and longest release that is designed to move larger loads.

When comparing to a diaper, it is the receiving device. The first release near all diapers contain as the volume is limited even with the high flow rate. Level two is where the problems develop as the rapid flow and longer time begins to exceed the ability of the diaper to absorb and flooding can happen. So, although the release rate can be the same, the timeline defines the extend of flooding.

When it comes to the issue regarding fixation that is not within the practice of plumbing technic, but the placement as men are outside, while women are inside the the body and the difference is exposure as male parts lay in the diaper where as the female parts sit inside with less exposure. Hence, men can be stimulated to a grater extend than females. The mental effect of fixation affects both equally.

The maximum ability to use has nothing to do with equation!

Reactions: JorgeS22, AttilaThePun and Palle
Edgewater said:
Plumbing 101, using the newest toilet tank , 3" trap and value that using three different release timelines! The quick flush and stop (lowest use of water), next the slightly longer release time and the one that meets current government requirements and the third and longest release that is designed to move larger loads.

When comparing to a diaper, it is the receiving device. The first release near all diapers contain as the volume is limited even with the high flow rate. Level two is where the problems develop as the rapid flow and longer time begins to exceed the ability of the diaper to absorb and flooding can happen. So, although the release rate can be the same, the timeline defines the extend of flooding.

When it comes to the issue regarding fixation that is not within the practice of plumbing technic, but the placement as men are outside, while women are inside the the body and the difference is exposure as male parts lay in the diaper where as the female parts sit inside with less exposure. Hence, men can be stimulated to a grater extend than females. The mental effect of fixation affects both equally.

The maximum ability to use has nothing to do with equation!
I am almost always correlating to cars when I try to explain something to someone that is not familiar to the topic, but do have some understanding of cars and most people do. For a change, It was really nice to have something explained on my terms for a change! Even if I feel a bit stupid, Thank you for taking your time to explain, it was both fun and educational! 🙇‍♂️

• Love
Palle said:
I am almost always correlating to cars when I try to explain something to someone that is not familiar to the topic, but do have some understanding of cars and most people do. For a change, It was really nice to have something explained on my terms for a change! Even if I feel a bit stupid, Thank you for taking your time to explain, it was both fun and educational! 🙇‍♂️
There is no reason to feel even the slightest bit stupid, as you grasped the concepts with a strong grip. All I did was to provide a vantage point that you found comfortable.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
AttilaThePun said:
Well, one could always make a courtly bow or a curtsy with a forward bend - still conspicuous, but people would think "odd manners" rather than "oh, peeing" ! 🤔 Or, feign interest in an item on a low display shelf, drop a keyring and pick it up, whatever comes to mind!
I squat and look through my bag for something 🫣

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Sparrow75 and Edgewater
Seabear said:
I think women are less likely to leak as there pee is always directed into the centre of the nappy so it soaks more evenly. I always try and point my penis straight down but often moves to the side usually when in bed so end up peeing close to the leg gathering and then leaking
Hmmm not always I fin once the middle swells it pushes my pee up the front like a water fountain ⛲

Reactions: Seabear, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Back