Huggies Size 8

I feel as though the air pocket created by the stronger elastics makes the diaper preform better, it allows for better wicking in the seat area, I know when I wear higher end diapers and they start getting really wet, either the seat area gets real pronounced then leaks or the back sheet absorbs upwards and the diapers integrity stays, it’s really hit or miss, I think a lot has to do with taping strategy, but with single tapes and stronger elastic, it would take the guess work out it all and every diaper would be the same performance

• Thinking
Reactions: Joediaper and PadPhilosopher
southeastlittle said:
Did you modify the back by removing the extra padding in the wings? I love that look way more than the hourglass shape.
Yes. You can read the full article here.

PadPhilosopher said:
You're correct that a gap is a big part of the fit on kids' diapers, but there are reasons that those disappear on adult's diapers. That extra material would make them more obvious under clothing; a feature to some, but a drawback to most. On top of that, there is more material already, allowing more movement without the gap present, on the basis that there is more stretch and shift available. While the gap presents some benefit even in the adult sizes, I don't think you're going to see it become common outside possibly AB diapers.
It does increase visibility but if you go to my article I linked above you can see that even an unmodified BetterDry isn't all that discrete. Other high capacity diapers are even less discrete. Especially when wet. Careful choices in clothing alleviates a lot of this issue.

pampers4U said:
...but with single tapes and stronger elastic, it would take the guess work out it all and every diaper would be the same performance
Absolutely. Another part of this is getting the elastics out form under the wing padding so they can hold the waterproof backsheet against the skin and create the seal that's needed to keep fluid that has yet to fully absorb inside where it belongs.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I work at Walmart. Sometimes I get placed in Infant Department to stock the 2 to 5 pallets for that area. The Pampers size 8 sells like crazy. I had 6 boxes of size 8 . Shelf fits 6. When I work the next night, they are gone.
The Size 8 sells rapidly. The same applies to the Goodnites XL- the package that says up to 125 pounds. They also sell faster than the smaller size Goodnites

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, BabyBeatSaber, Rezzu and 4 others
mikedp7815 said:
I work at Walmart. Sometimes I get placed in Infant Department to stock the 2 to 5 pallets for that area. The Pampers size 8 sells like crazy. I had 6 boxes of size 8 . Shelf fits 6. When I work the next night, they are gone.
The Size 8 sells rapidly. The same applies to the Goodnites XL- the package that says up to 125 pounds. They also sell faster than the smaller size Goodnites
Mybe there are a lot more closeted ABDLs out there than we thought, or diaper companies are finding out there's a big market for bigger diapers. Must be why Huggies and Parents Choice are hopping on the bandwagon.

I do feel like 8 is as high a size as they'll ever be willing to go...as in I don't expect a size 9 to ever come out, but maybe they'll just eventually make size 8's bigger over time.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and deepdriftAD
Just need a 3D Xerox. Throw in a Huggies size 8 and set it to 200%.

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, southeastlittle, deepdriftAD and 1 other person
Sales of the biggest sizes aren't really unsurprising, in normal circumstances 5 larger diapers a day, so size 5 and up or 1 goodnight per night is a typical usage, this is the same regardless of if you're diaper kid is 2 or 5, or your bedwetter is 4 or 14.
But the pack size still gets smaller with every larger size a case of size 5 swaddlers has almost twice as many diapers as size 8, so you'd need two cases.
Goodnites are less extreme but still 63 compared to 99, so just over a third less pants, so you'd need an extra case a year assuming 1 pant per night and no dry nights

Last edited:
  • Thinking
My question is who's buying these now in droves where they didn't exist just a short while ago? Maybe Boundless just literally ran out of diapers to sell and everyone is buying the latest size 8's. Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint if there's such a demand but I'm just a simple and heavily biased ABDL

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
southeastlittle said:
My question is who's buying these now in droves where they didn't exist just a short while ago? Maybe Boundless just literally ran out of diapers to sell and everyone is buying the latest size 8's. Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint if there's such a demand but I'm just a simple and heavily biased ABDL
The people buying these in droves are the people who used to use Pull-Ups out of necessity but prefer the cost of baby diapers.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and 12srepaid
I just hope that more parents with special needs children, are buying sizes 7 & 8 diapers, instead of medical diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, LittleCollector96, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
I’m personally really excited to see these in size 8.

I’m cautiously optimistic that they’re bigger, and not shrinkflation.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, N0bu and southeastlittle
I can almost wear size 7 in Huggies the tabs reach at the very end of the diaper

babyjoe698 said:
I can almost wear size 7 in Huggies the tabs reach at the very end of the diaper
Same here! Which ones did you try? I tried Overnites because they come in a small pack of like 18 or something.

all 3 of the size 7

Reactions: Reward and PadPhilosopher
babyjoe698 said:
all 3 of the size 7
Do they all fit pretty much the same? If so, that might mean the size 8's will too. They probably will only come in big boxes though. One of us will have to take one for the team and be the guinea pig lol

• Haha
Reactions: Reward and PadPhilosopher
Do the size 7 -8 diapers have more padding than a size 6?

southeastlittle said:
Do they all fit pretty much the same? If so, that might mean the size 8's will too. They probably will only come in big boxes though. One of us will have to take one for the team and be the guinea pig lol
I already got a box on pre order

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
babyjoe698 said:
I already got a box on pre order
Do you have a way to measure them?
There'll be a lot of questions from the team

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
BigAl1 said:
Do the size 7 -8 diapers have more padding than a size 6?
The Overnites are more absorbent but diapers usually don't have any more padding between sizes I don't think.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
Reward said:
Do you have a way to measure them?
There'll be a lot of questions from the team
I dont know. but there a few others had pre order. And Walmart brand diapers will have a size 8 too

babyjoe698 said:
I dont know. but there a few others had pre order. And Walmart brand diapers will have a size 8 too
I don't think we have an ETA for the Parent's Choice diapers yet like we do for Huggies. Wonder when those will be coming out.

Back