You're not broken

lian

Lian Boll
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have started reading the book by Rhoda Lipscomb. Someone mentioned it in a post here. You're not broken. It is strange to read that I am an object of scientific interest :) I have read only a few pages, and yet it moves something in me. We are something very special. And the world knows practically nothing about us. I am curious how it continues.

Reactions: Otterbox, jbond007, littlesteps and 3 others
It's amazing how good it feels to read that there is someone out there who is honestly thinking about how I can live my love of diapers without breaking down over it. I'm about halfway through the book now, and it moves me in very subtle ways. There's such a distant but distinct glimmer on the horizon, a light at the end of the tunnel, that this is actually possible. And it shines in me. It's like I'm starting to believe that this is really possible. It's very tenuous, but it's there.

Reactions: littlesteps, TigerDL, iluvdps2 and 1 other person
Out of any of you who have read it: prior to reading, to what extent did you already accept yourself as ABDL? I’m curious how many people’s perspectives the book has really shifted.

I’ve come close to ordering it for my wife, as well as for my own curiosity… but man, I can’t help but cringe a bit at the cover art, and worry about someone seeing it in my home!

Serendiapity said:
Out of any of you who have read it: prior to reading, to what extent did you already accept yourself as ABDL? I’m curious how many people’s perspectives the book has really shifted.

I’ve come close to ordering it for my wife, as well as for my own curiosity… but man, I can’t help but cringe a bit at the cover art, and worry about someone seeing it in my home!
Don’t need a book to know my soul denial and fear is all part of guilt and honesty life’s just too short to care what other people think inevitably we all still breath the same air, bleed and eventually die as long as you’re not harming anyone just live and let live.

Reactions: Kellycares, mardon1975, TigerDL and 3 others
LittleMonsterUK said:
Don’t need a book to know my soul denial and fear is all part of guilt and honesty life’s just too short to care what other people think inevitably we all still breath the same air, bleed and eventually die as long as you’re not harming anyone just live and let live.
Lucky you

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
lian said:
Lucky you
Not look brother, acceptance you just need to accept yourself find ways to enjoy this side of you and just lose the guilt I didn’t mean to come of cocky or arrogant it’s a part of you literally might as well be in your dna it’s engraved in your brain through years and years took me a while to accept as well personally tried quitting 3 times 4th I accepted it and just lost the feeling of guilt completely you could be doing so much worth it’s not even worth thinking about the word quilt with how harmless this actually is.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955
LittleMonsterUK said:
Not look brother, acceptance you just need to accept yourself find ways to enjoy this side of you and just lose the guilt I didn’t mean to come of cocky or arrogant it’s a part of you literally might as well be in your dna it’s engraved in your brain through years and years took me a while to accept as well personally tried quitting 3 times 4th I accepted it and just lost the feeling of guilt completely you could be doing so much worth it’s not even worth thinking about the word quilt with how harmless this actually is.
Yes I know. The problem is, that not only are diapers engraved in my brain, but guilt and shame as well. And both are fighting against each other. After all, the fronts are no longer so deadlocked. Something is moving.

Reactions: littlesteps, TigerDL and iluvdps2
lian said:
I have started reading the book by Rhoda Lipscomb. Someone mentioned it in a post here. You're not broken. It is strange to read that I am an object of scientific interest :) I have read only a few pages, and yet it moves something in me. We are something very special. And the world knows practically nothing about us. I am curious how it continues.
I’m about 80 pages in, you’re very true, we are unique, only us DL’s know what it feels like. no matter what I do in my life, there is something ingrained in me that will always makes me want to wear nappies, it does make me feel better reading this book, hope you enjoy reading.

Reactions: Kellycares, littlesteps, TigerDL and 1 other person
warmfeeling said:
I’m about 80 pages in, you’re very true, we are unique, only us DL’s know what it feels like. no matter what I do in my life, there is something ingrained in me that will always makes me want to wear nappies, it does make me feel better reading this book, hope you enjoy reading.
Yes, I enjoy very much

I think what touches me so incredibly deeply is the feeling that someone is speaking for me. Defending me and fighting for me. In the end it's irrelevant, I know, in the end I have to stand up for myself. But regarding my diapers, I have never experienced that before. I habe not even dare to believe this could be true some day. This experience, this feeling that someone is talking about it in a very open and relaxed way and defending me, that's intoxicating. There are passages of text where I get a lump in my throat.

Reactions: TigerDL and warmfeeling
lian said:
Yes I know. The problem is, that not only are diapers engraved in my brain, but guilt and shame as well. And both are fighting against each other. After all, the fronts are no longer so deadlocked. Something is moving.
Yes but I realised there’s no point holding onto guilt and shame it’s a part of “you” it’s your identity nothing to be ashamed of and oh my they feel to good to stop impossible for me to be satisfied in regular underwear now.

Last edited:
Anyone got a link to read this book online maybe, I'm not sure if not legit links are accepted here but I wouldn't mind to get my hands on that book for free, if a mod or admin sees it, just remove that message if not legit links aren't allowed for books.

There are a number on Amazon.

Honestly… I’m cool with a personal love of DL that I won’t share.

Reactions: mardon1975
CodyBaby said:
Anyone got a link to read this book online maybe, I'm not sure if not legit links are accepted here but I wouldn't mind to get my hands on that book for free, if a mod or admin sees it, just remove that message if not legit links aren't allowed for books.
The Amazon listing (https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Not-Broken-Rhodas-Strong-ebook/dp/B09KMD8RDM) lets you preview the introduction and beginning of the 1st chapter, that way you can get a sense of her writing. If you like her style and what she's writing about, maybe that can inform your decision to buy the whole book (digitally or physically). If you have Kindle Unlimited, you can also read the whole thing for free.

lian said:

I agree but I don’t have a desire for shame and guilt so I just block it out and pad up.

TigerDL said:
The Amazon listing (https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Not-Broken-Rhodas-Strong-ebook/dp/B09KMD8RDM) lets you preview the introduction and beginning of the 1st chapter, that way you can get a sense of her writing. If you like her style and what she's writing about, maybe that can inform your decision to buy the whole book (digitally or physically). If you have Kindle Unlimited, you can also read the whole thing for free.
I would prefer to avoid doing any AB/DL purchase using my amazon account, they already know too much about me, the lesser they know, the better I feel, I'm ok with purchasing baby and toddler items those are ordered by parents as well, but a book clearly for AB/DL, not so much.

CodyBaby said:
I would prefer to avoid doing any AB/DL purchase using my amazon account, they already know too much about me, the lesser they know, the better I feel, I'm ok with purchasing baby and toddler items those are ordered by parents as well, but a book clearly for AB/DL, not so much.
I also avoid making any AB/DL purchases on my primary amazon account, including anything even remotely related to diapers no matter if they're possibly baby or toddler items. My workaround is having a second amazon account (using a different email address, which is also how I separate my ABDL stuff from my main email) that I use to purchase these kinds of things. The disadvantage is that I don't have prime on this 2nd account, but I just deal with things arriving a few days slower; the tradeoff seems worth it to me.

Also, there are other book sellers that offer her book, if you're interested in buying but really don't want to use Amazon:
Thriftbooks
AbeBooks
Chegg (they even offer a rental of it :LOL:, because they're usually a textbook site)

This book is life changing.

TigerDL said:
I also avoid making any AB/DL purchases on my primary amazon account, including anything even remotely related to diapers no matter if they're possibly baby or toddler items. My workaround is having a second amazon account (using a different email address, which is also how I separate my ABDL stuff from my main email) that I use to purchase these kinds of things. The disadvantage is that I don't have prime on this 2nd account, but I just deal with things arriving a few days slower; the tradeoff seems worth it to me.

Also, there are other book sellers that offer her book, if you're interested in buying but really don't want to use Amazon:
Thriftbooks
AbeBooks
Chegg (they even offer a rental of it :LOL:, because they're usually a textbook site)

Surely we’re not thinking that Amazon cares if we’re ABDL? I mean if that’s the case then google definitely knows 😂

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
LittleMonsterUK said:
Surely we’re not thinking that Amazon cares if we’re ABDL? I mean if that’s the case then google definitely knows 😂
Oh yeah I'm pretty indifferent about internet tracking stuff. I do it more as a way to keep my main Amazon account unassociated with anything diaper-related, so nothing pops up accidentally in like the browsing history or suggestions or order history. Same with the email, don't want diaper emails popping into my inbox that I might be checking somewhere in public or around people I know; and partly about not wanting targeted ads.

Last edited:
Back