Your fursona.

ClaudTheBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am curious to see if members here have multiple fursonas and if there is a particular reason. One of the other post a member has like 5 or 6. Me personally, I only have the one. Even though I have only been in the fandom for about 2 and a half years he has continued to grow and evolve offer that time. I think the reason I only have the one is my sona. Is a representation of the real me.

What about you guys? How many and why? Do you use yours as an extension of yourself or do you use it as an extension of what you want to be?

Reactions: Jonnythepony and KittyMerriweather
I only really have the one, but in RPs I do have a few more that are used/could be considered such the short list is:
Snow: fennic fox, more or less how I might be if I was female
Frost: winged wolf, but one white, one black, represents my more justice based side and the fact that sometimes justice is harsh
Arctic: Bat-wing black wolf with red eyes, essentially my darker aspects and parts of me I know are there but don't always want to deal with

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyMerriweather and ClaudTheBear
Chatzoe: Just me but as a Red Fox

Reactions: dynodoggo and KittyMerriweather
mines more of a planesona. Been into planes for along time and became one in late 2013 XD.

I have three - the one I use here, Mane, along with a fox and a hooded prototype-hybrid. It mainly depends on the situation which one I use - some are less immediately “furry” than others.

ClaudTheBear said:
I am curious to see if members here have multiple fursonas and if there is a particular reason. One of the other post a member has like 5 or 6. Me personally, I only have the one. Even though I have only been in the fandom for about 2 and a half years he has continued to grow and evolve offer that time. I think the reason I only have the one is my sona. Is a representation of the real me.

What about you guys? How many and why? Do you use yours as an extension of yourself or do you use it as an extension of what you want to be?
i have a few

Storm Penulum:
aged: 5
species panther 1/8 housecat

Tora:
aged: 5
species: white tiger

cody:
age 5
species cougar

Kyro:
aged: 6
species: panther

Ace:
age: 8 (ps Ace is small for his age and stands the height of a 5 year old)
species: jaguar

Milo:
age 8 (ps Milo is small for his age standing the height of a 2 year old)
species Leopard

Kye:
aged: 10 (ps Kye is small for his age stands the height of a 5 year old)
species: cougar

Max:
aged: 10 (ps Max is small for his age standing the height of a 7 year old)
species: tiger

these are all my sonas

I've got two...

Ampere: The blue and copper dragon depicted in my avatar, he is my primary fursona. Although a little here, he is an adult character in all canonical appearances. He shares many of my character traits, though also has some that are reversed, so I guess you could say he's an idealized me.

Ferrum: A fairly generic red fox, Ferrum was originally created as a utility character for situations I felt uncomfortable depicting Ampere in (aka most NSFW/fetishy stuff), but has evolved into a fleshed out secondary fursona. He can be whatever I want him to be, but by default he tends to act like a foil for Ampere.

Reactions: perlFerret
Thank you to everyone for sharing. It is so amazing hearing the stories of how people come up with to OC and any others and why.

amperedragon said:
I've got two...

Ampere: The blue and copper dragon depicted in my avatar, he is my primary fursona. Although a little here, he is an adult character in all canonical appearances. He shares many of my character traits, though also has some that are reversed, so I guess you could say he's an idealized me.

Ferrum: A fairly generic red fox, Ferrum was originally created as a utility character for situations I felt uncomfortable depicting Ampere in (aka most NSFW/fetishy stuff), but has evolved into a fleshed out secondary fursona. He can be whatever I want him to be, but by default he tends to act like a foil for Ampere.

I am particularly fascinated with your story of your second character and how it evolved form a character to keep from using your OC in awkward situations to a full on fursona. I think it shows how much you care for your first character that you would protect them from the NSFW world just to continue to evolve. I can relate to that myself. As I have been getting more comfortable exploring my AB side because of my incontinence I have just recently made that leap with my OC. About three weeks ago I had my first ABDL pose made of him. I have been a bit torn with how I feel putting him in that situation but he still represents where I am in my real world life. Maybe I will make a second sona to be able to explore this AB side of myself and also make a friend for my OC.

Reactions: perlFerret
A wolf cub

Reactions: Lilbabyboy2888
Awhile back, I made a new fursona that started out as a joke. :ROFLMAO: He’s an adult lizard named Rupert. He’s a quirky intellectual type who proudly wears diapers and nail polish (both on his finger-claws and toe-claws). He also likes to annoy conspiracy theorists and homophobes by being openly bisexual.

• Haha
Reactions: Fireheat, Blathers and perlFerret
Only ever had one, though it's morphed over the past 23 years. I started as a blue bear cub, to a polar bear cub, to a living polar bear plushie.

I can't imagine having more than one though and often ponder how some people can switch fursonas as often as my diaper is changed.

Reactions: hoimi and ClaudTheBear
I don't want to knock anyone for why they use their own fursona to express themselves however they like but the idea of having more then 1 or 2 just confuses me. But like I said earlier, I am still fairly new having only been in the fandom for about 2.5 years.

ClaudTheBear said:
I am particularly fascinated with your story of your second character and how it evolved form a character to keep from using your OC in awkward situations to a full on fursona. I think it shows how much you care for your first character that you would protect them from the NSFW world just to continue to evolve. I can relate to that myself. As I have been getting more comfortable exploring my AB side because of my incontinence I have just recently made that leap with my OC. About three weeks ago I had my first ABDL pose made of him. I have been a bit torn with how I feel putting him in that situation but he still represents where I am in my real world life. Maybe I will make a second sona to be able to explore this AB side of myself and also make a friend for my OC.

Originally, Ampere started as a character in the stories I write, and was essentially what I'd like to be if thrown into a sci-fi/fantasy world. As I became more involved in the fandom at large, the character became more like real me, but I had a strong policy that he couldn't be depicted in any way that would conflict with the canonical appearances in the stories. However, I had interests that lie outside that criteria, so Ferrum was born as a character to use for those topics (I actually used him as my avatar here until early 2019). Initially, he was just an art character, with no particular attributes beyond those depicted. However, as I got more and more pieces done, I started to link them together to form a backstory for him, and discovered that subconsciously I'd created a second character I identified with, hence promoting him to a secondary fursona.

Over time, I became less strict with Ampere sticking directly to canon, but I still maintain certain rules for the character. When it comes to ABDL stuff, Ampere can be depicted as a DL and/or a caretaker, but is never seen as an AB/little or in anything above PG-13 standards, while Ferrum doesn't have any such rules. This has allowed me to get pieces featuring both characters, a few of which are among my favorite pieces of commissioned art.

As for having multiple fursonas, I at one point thought it was strange, but now find it makes a ton of sense as long as each connects to a different part of you. I do think it's a good idea to have one primary fursona that you use for general representation, but particularly when you want to keep certain interests separated from that or certain attributes of your personality would clash with the character you're trying to create, splitting it off into a different character is not a bad way to go. My rule of thumb is that sonas should not be interchangeable...if you've got characters that are identical or very similar in all aspects except appearance, that's where it starts to get confusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoimi, lambgirl and ClaudTheBear
I have one fursona. It's just me.

Reactions: hoimi, Teddy, perlFerret and 2 others
I'm half dog for real.

Reactions: ManeWulf
I am getting a reference sheet made for my fursona. I'm really excited

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, ClaudTheBear, perlFerret and 2 others
Near said:
I have one fursona. It's just me.
i would love to know about your sona

Hearing the backstories of a lot of fursonas is a great way to get to know how a person sees themselves. It's a self-contained story, which I love (I initially got into the community for the stories and am still here for them).

Lots of times, people like to split up parts of their personalities or traits they have into what makes the most sense for them. Some people don't mind keeping an adult and cub version of the fursona. Like how @amperedragon explained how he keeps his fursonas separated based on his standards, cubs in cub situations and adults in adult situations is probably the most common separation.

For me though, I don't really have a separate adult and cub fursona, just an innocent Husky pup who doesn't get involved in anything adult (logical divide is that cubs don't belong in those types of situations).

Reactions: Lilbabyboy2888
Mine's a ferret named Mike. Short for "Carcamaica" ("sharp tooth" in Quenya). He's mid 20s, a network engineer, and a minor technomancer but in the world I envision him in, being able to manipulate and sense electromagnetic fields just makes him really good at his job rather than some sort of "special". He doesn't wear diapers. He's a bit more athletic than me but definitely just as dorky. (My avatar isn't Mike. Mike has orange / cinnamon fur. The avatar is just a cute ferret in diapers I found on one of my favorite artists' galleries online and asked permission to use here.)

He has a medieval (~1189, England) counterpart named "Michael" - same character, different setting. Siege engineer and designer of contraptions. Sort of like an earlier Leonardo da Vinci type. Tends to hire out to whomever has the cash to pay him. Likes to get into trouble with ladies above his station, much to the fury of their husbands, hence his not staying in one place for very long.

I don't really have a cub or little sona. I tend to think of myself as a ferret full-time anyway, little or big. It's just sort of the animal that I tend to share the most traits with (being bouncy, easily excited, attracted to shiny things, prone to "collecting" things, liking to burrow and make "nests", etc.). If I were going to have a little 'sona, it would likely be a husky pup. That's my secondary side where I'm a big, dumb, loyal thing that tries to help but really doesn't accomplish anything useful but you can't get mad at because he's so cute. :3

Last edited:
Back