Your earliest memory

One of, if not the earliest memory i can still clearly remember is messing my pants in kindergarten, and being taken home and changed.
Must've left quite the impression on young me.

The memory I've considered my earliest memory at all was, I was holding this toy. It had like a basketball design, and it made a lot of noise when I used it. I remember having those later in my childhood too and they always scared me a lot, but in this memory, I was holding it, scared but not really thinking to put it down I guess, running down the hallway looking for my mom. The hallway felt really long, I guess because I was young, and it took a while before I found the room. I've considered it my earliest memory because, it it wasn't the house I lived in during most of my early memories, so my conclusion was always that it had to be the house we moved out of sometime when I was two. In the past couple years, I've started questioning this a bit because the long hallway, scary toy and unknown house has a very nightmare-esque quality to it, and I've looked at the blueprints for the house I've assumed it was but couldn't find any long hallways that matched up. So it's possible it could have been a nightmare, in which case it likely fell at when I was around 3-4, around the other times I remember that toy scaring me from.

My other earliest memory is also my earliest diaper memory. I was wearing a pull-up with Seasame Street characters on it, and my mom changed it, and I remember seeing a lot of poop in it while it was being changed. And then I threw the old diaper away. I vaguely remember a conversation during this my mom talking to me about the difference between diapers and pull-ups, and I basically thought "Well, that just sounds like a diaper you put on differently", not really in a bad way though, even back then I kinda liked diapers despite my parents' attempts to spread anti-diaper propaganda. I more just was annoyed she was making it confusing with totally different terminology when it was obviously similar to a diaper. But I was also intrigued by this new type of diaper I was getting to try. Considering that conversation, this was probably early in my potty training, which my mom has said went fast once it started, and I know I was conveniently switched to underwear on the day of my third birthday, so, this likely puts this memory at the age of 2, a couple weeks to a month before my third birthday.

I have two photos in my mind.
One is 6 months is a white not so clear benches lined up white box on table like . My mom's says it was a funeral what is in my memory and I was 6 months it was a baby that died. The other one was I was a toddler being talked to for playing with match's my dad was teaching.
No to play with match's I was in a yellow baby romper like short all's
Snaps in the legs my dad had me smell the sulfur on my hands that's how he knew I was playing with match's. Those are the easiest I remember.

My earliest diapered memory EVER, was traced when I was about hardly 2 1/2 years old. I was toddling over with my backpack to the portable unit that was my school at the time. I went into my class and went to the sand and water station while my dad signed me in. The teacher gathered everyone for the start of the day. There was about 7 of us on a soft rug with blue and red fur on it. It was really comfortable, and she turned on the small radio. It played Greg and steve days of the week and we sang along. Something about the months too. Could never figure that one out. To much for me to understand. I crawled over to the bookshelf as everyone else ran outside to play. Quietly I looked up at the teacher holding a music box with a holographic image of a dalmation and a fireman on it. I twist the music box and as soon as I let go the image began to move.

This memory was so strong with me, I like to pretend the reason I am actually small was because I was hypnotised by the musicbox and forever brainwashed lol. But all seriousness, I always enjoyed softer gentler things. Good times.

My earliest memory is of being in my crib trying to get the plastic keys that had fallen out of it

I have some remarkably early memories from childhood. They don't all have to do with diapers, but they are interesting.

The earliest memory seems to be from about 4 to 5 months of age. I remember lying on my back and staring up at something above me. I was just fixated on the detail and would not look away. I have no other words to describe except for what I can understand now to be wonder. I know now that I was laying in some kind bassinet on a balcony of a particular house. The object was a lamp on the ceiling of the balcony.

The next memory might be a month or two later. I recall being in some kind of room in the dark. There was some light pouring in from windows. The room seemed to have slanted ceilings. There were at least two other people in the room, lying on the floor. They were down at my level. I was moving around on the floor and getting close to at least one of them. I remember not wanting to get too close to them. I now understand that I was likely in the finished attic of the same house as before. They two people on the floor were most likely my brothers and they were asleep on the floor. It must have been very early morning as there was some light coming into the room, but they were not up and doing anything or reacting to me.

I'm uncertain of the order of the next two memories.

I might have been a year old or just a little older. I remember being in a crib in a kitchen. I'm lying down on my back and my mom hands me a baby bottle filled with Coke or Pepsi. I recall taking the bottle and drinking from it. I also recall seeing that I had a band-aid on one of my fingers.

Around the same time, I remember being in a high-chair and being given a glass of orange juice. At times I was looking down and seeing that I was wearing a plastic bib. I remember touching it. I recall saying that I wanted more. I might have said 'more'. I also recall my mom saying 'That's plenty', which annoyed me.

I don't remember wearing diapers until I'm about 3 years old. Around that time I was wearing them at night so I have a couple memories from that time.

I recall my mom taking some plastic pants out of the drying and having me step into them. They were warm and soft as she pulled them up on me. I remember being put into a crib for the night.

By this time I was well aware of my cloth diapers and plastic pants. I was obviously toilet trained in the daytime, but still needed them at night. I didn't seem to understand why I was wearing them. I recall one night that I was touching and playing with my plastic pants. I loved the texture of the plastic. My plastic pants were very comforting and fascinating. I recall taking them off and finding a way to put them on underneath my cloth diaper. I recall enjoying the feeling of having them on and next to my skin. I also remember waking up in the morning covered with pee, because I had fallen asleep with the plastic pants still under my cloth diaper.

The next memory of diapers that I have is from being about 4 years old and stealing a couple of diapers from my niece's nursery. She was only a few months old at the time. I new that they were diapers and I tried to put them on, but they were too small. They felt great as I pressed them against my body, even though I couldn't fasten them. I didn't try to just have them inside my underwear under my pants; I just gave up. I think that is what made me love disposable diapers. They were light-weight, puffy and soft in a way that cloth diapers weren't. They felt amazing.

At any rate those are my earliest memories.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess and KCA
The earliest memory I can recall, I was probably around 1 year old. I remember being on a train with my parents, feeling poorly and making a really bad mess in my nappy. The next part I recall I was in a car, I think it was a taxi and I still hadn't been changed. It wasn't until we got back home where my mum lay me down on a changing mat and began to peel off my clothes.

The memory has become less vivid over the years but it's always stuck in my mind. I remember laying there in a right mess with poo everywhere whilst my mum cried out to my dad for help! 😬💩

I have several contenders for 'earliest' memory; one is being told to go back inside when my parents were doing something in the yard, I think I was barefoot and in nothing but a tshirt and my diaper, I was probably 3 or 4. I also have a memory of being in a high chair and dropping my bowl of food on the floor. I remember being really high up from my perspective and being amused at seeing how far down the bowl fell. I also remember a trip we took out of state when I was 4, almost 5. At my grandmothers house I was bouncing off the walls in nothing but a tshirt and diaper, not sure if I wore them full time or just at night, or if I was just in them because my grandparents didn't trust me to stay dry on their furniture. I also have a vague memory of sitting on my couch and feeling that my diaper had slid down under the pants I was wearing.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess
I have several memories from when I was younger, but none involve diapers. I can assign approximate dates to these memories but cannot place them in order or even narrow the date down to a specific year.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess
I have couple of early memories that I remember:

1. I was around 2 years old and playing with my older sister’s rubix cube (just admiring the colors on it) while my mom was about to change my diaper for bedtime. As she tore the tabs and opened up the diaper, she quickly closed it suddenly and told me “Oh, you’re peeing your diaper. You didn’t noticed?” I told her no which was truth because I was unaware I was going. This was before I found out that I had a neurogenic bladder and didn’t potty train or was out of diapers until I was 5.

2. My other earliest memory I was 3 years old over my Aunt and cousin house. My cousin (who was 1 at the time) and I was playing with her toys in her room. Her mom came in the room at some point to check on us, she sniffed for a second and said out loud “Phew…it really stinks in here.” I don’t remember noticing any smell, but we were only wearing our diapers because was really hot out and my aunt didn’t mind us being around the house in just diapers. She checked her daughter’s diaper first by pulling back off the waistband of her diaper. Then she walked over to me, sniff my diaper bum, and pulled the back of my waistband and said “Yeah, you’re poopy too.” She changed our diapers many times before, but it was rare that my cousin and I had poopy diapers at the same time.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess and Pamper8824
I must be the only one who doesn't have any memory whatsoever that young.... :(

• Sad
Reactions: BunnyPrincess, LittleAndAlone and Luvshugs
There's one more memory. Im in a high chair looking down at my plastic baby pants fastanation at the water squishy around I was poking the pants with my finger. I was very wet .

Reactions: BunnyPrincess and Luvshugs
I have no memories of diapers/pullups. I do have a memory of around 2 or earlier of suckling a pacifier and being told I was getting to old for it, feeling bad and shoving it down an air vent before realizing it was a bad idea and crying.
I also have a fuzzy memory of suckling a pacifier and enjoying it greatly.
Also fuzzy memory of when pacifier was taken away and lots of crying.

I have a few memories from two places I lived at before the age of 3. It feels like another life looking that far back :/

Playing with an electric piano. I think I was around 2 but I'm not positive.

Then there are fragment memories like one I was looking at the animals on a pattern I know now to be my crib side padding. No clue what age.
Memories of waking up and hitting a crib toy that played music.

I was potty trained at 3, so I should have been wearing in all these memories.. But none of the memories record that...

I also remember wanting back in diapers at 4. And being jealous of others who were in them like my cousins.

There is a memory of a memory that I thought at 3 that if I potty trained and didn't like it I could go back to diapers. The original memory is gone, all I have is the memory of the original memory in thought only. I recall asking my mom if I could go back to diapers a few times between 3 and 11 or younger.. At 3 or 4 If I recall correctly first time I asked to go back to diapers she laughed and said something along the lines of why would you want to do that and or your not a baby(i can't be sure it's to fuzzy a memory.) But i think I ran to my room and cried. The one from when I was older she said something along lines of ignore the desire and it would go away that it was just a phase.

I also have a memory of when I was 4 asking my mom if I was a toddler and her saying no that toddlers were younger..

Last edited:
I was potty trained quite easily and early so I don’t have any memories of being in a nappy but my brother wore night time protection for quite a while (we had no toilets upstairs) and I remember seeing the package in the bottom draw of the bedside table between our two beds. I never wore them myself though it was have been difficult to explain and my ABDL tendencies didn’t really appear until later.

Last edited:
Another early memory was the first time I went to the movies with my mom and sister. I was 8 and no longer wore diapers during the day, but still wet my bed and needed diapers at night. Mom told me I had to wear my diapers to the movies, even though it was a Saturday during the day because we would be there for a few hours and I should wear diapers just in case. I know ended up wetting my diapers during the movie, because I didn't want to miss anything. The movie was Around the World in 80 Days, very long and fun.

Reactions: Luvshugs
PrincessPlaypen said:
My first and only memory of wearing a diaper was a #2 incident, just my luck.

I have celiac disease (an autoimmune disorder and allergy to gluten) that went undiagnosed until my late teens. Because of this, I struggled tremendously with bowl movements as a young child. I would be constipated for days or even weeks and no amount of potty time helped. My mom would bring in books and toys and a step stool to keep me busy while I sat alone on the toilet- but going to the bathroom HURT- and I avoided it at all costs. And it got really lonely in there all by myself! I was bored and I was uncomfortable.

I remember vaguely my mother rummaging through the bathroom looking for a spare diaper (or to check if we even had one). I don't remember being changed into it. I -DO- remember sitting at the dinnertable with my older brother and sister giggling at me.. and minutes into my meal, the excruciating urge to go to the bathroom- no matter how painful- swept over me. I remember running into the living room, grabbing a pillow to hug and hold onto while I had the biggest mess my body could endure making. 😫

I don't remember being changed out of the diaper or even returning to the kitchen. I just remember feeling a lot better... and I certainly won't forget the embarrassment from being teased for needing a diaper! No less my very immediate use of it.
This reminds me of memories of how much it hurt going poop because of constipation.. I remember some time between 5 and 8 of crying while going on toilet.
And later when I was a teen and got my first diapers again, realizing it didn't hurt if I went in a diaper.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen
LilByte said:
This reminds me of memories of how much it hurt going poop because of constipation.. I remember some time between 5 and 8 of crying while going on toilet.
And later when I was a teen and got my first diapers again, realizing it didn't hurt if I went in a diaper.

I've thought about this a lot from a psychological standpoint and wonder if it was a building block for feeling so safe in a diapee. When I feel sick, no matter how, I crave to regress and wear.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess and LilByte
littledinogoesrawr said:
I must be the only one who doesn't have any memory whatsoever that young.... :(
Me either. I didn't realize it was possible to remember things from age 1-2. I have some vivid memories of events I believe happened before I started school, but nothing as far back as being a toddler or wearing diapers. I would need my parents to validate the memories I do have, but I believe they go back to around age 4.

Apparently it's uncommon for people to recall much earlier, because we are still learning about the world around us at that point and our brains are not fully developed. I'm not saying it can't happen, it's just not very common. I assume traumatic events would stay in someone's memory more than everyday things.

Last edited:
LilPaddedBunny said:
Me either. I didn't realize it was possible to remember things from age 1-2. I have some vivid memories of events I believe happened before I started school, but nothing as far back as being a toddler or wearing diapers. I would need my parents to validate the memories I do have, but I believe they go back to around age 4.

Apparently it's uncommon for people to recall much earlier, because we are still learning about the world around us at that point and our brains are not fully developed. I'm not saying it can't happen, it's just not very common. I assume traumatic events would stay in someone's memory more than everyday things.
It also helps that many the people in this life style think about these memories over and over from childhood so it prob changes the memory a bit from reality over time, but it keeps it around.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess and Cottontail
LilByte said:
It also helps that many the people in this life style think about these memories over and over from childhood so it prob changes the memory a bit from reality over time, but it keeps it around.
Yeah, if a memory means something to you and you keep bringing it up it would help you remember it more. It's also hard to put an age on when we think our memories are from without outside verification. I'll have to ask my parents sometime about my early memories. Maybe I'll be able to confirm exactly when they're from.

Back