Your earliest memory

Ali123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I’ve been on my own this weekend, so have been padding around in mostly just a nappy and t-shirt. And what with it being so warm here in the UK my nappy made me all clammy and deliciously uncomfortable, even with plenty of talc.

It reminded me of when I was a child still in nappies, and I tried to remember my earliest memory.

One that springs to mind is family holidays in a caravan park. We used to go with my aunt, uncle and cousins, and they’d be next door to us.

I know we went there from when I was a baby, but my first memory was when I was four or five. I was still in nappies, sometimes during the day and always at night.

I remember everything being so open in the caravan, and my nappies and things just being on the side, not hidden away or anything.

And I remember having breakfast in my wet nappy before being changed.

I was embarrassed still needing nappies when none of the other kids did, and it was much worse how everyone just accepted it as normal that Ali needed a nappy on.

• Love
Reactions: pamperwarrior, ianwee, Ridinginnappies and 8 others
My first memory was of me ‘arguing’ with my Mum that wearing a nappy was easier than using the toilet.
I’d caught her packing away the old terrys and plastic pants after my younger brother had become clean and I told her I’d rather wear them than use the toilet.
I even remember trying to figure out how I could get to the high cupboard that they were stored in.
I must have been around 3yo

• Wow
Reactions: Prillprillprill, longallsboy and Cottontail
First memory of wearing diapers other than for bedwetting I was probably around 3-4. Me and my sister were playing in her room while my mom cleaned the garage. I don't remember how it came up (may have been a dare we used to dare each other to wear diapers) but we wanted to put on diapers. My sister told me we had to ask my mom's permission to wear them so she sent me to the garage to ask her.
I went out there and nervously asked if me and my sister could put on diapers and her response was "if you want to be babies again". Don't think it was meant as a yes but that's how we took it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Pamper8824, Luvshugs, Ali123 and 1 other person
My first and only memory of wearing a diaper was a #2 incident, just my luck.

I have celiac disease (an autoimmune disorder and allergy to gluten) that went undiagnosed until my late teens. Because of this, I struggled tremendously with bowl movements as a young child. I would be constipated for days or even weeks and no amount of potty time helped. My mom would bring in books and toys and a step stool to keep me busy while I sat alone on the toilet- but going to the bathroom HURT- and I avoided it at all costs. And it got really lonely in there all by myself! I was bored and I was uncomfortable.

I remember vaguely my mother rummaging through the bathroom looking for a spare diaper (or to check if we even had one). I don't remember being changed into it. I -DO- remember sitting at the dinnertable with my older brother and sister giggling at me.. and minutes into my meal, the excruciating urge to go to the bathroom- no matter how painful- swept over me. I remember running into the living room, grabbing a pillow to hug and hold onto while I had the biggest mess my body could endure making. 😫

I don't remember being changed out of the diaper or even returning to the kitchen. I just remember feeling a lot better... and I certainly won't forget the embarrassment from being teased for needing a diaper! No less my very immediate use of it.

I have a couple of memories from when I was three years old, and I'm not sure which is the oldest. In one of the memories I'm lying in my toddler bed (a normal twin bed with low crib-bars mounted to the side) and Mom is pinning my nighttime diaper on. I was potty trained at three but still sleeping in diapers. In the other memory, I'm sitting on the floor in a corner of my grandma's living room right after she died. I'd never gotten to know her. I'm sure the atmosphere was one of great sadness, but I just remember staring out into a forest of legs. People were streaming by, or pacing, or talking seriously with one another, and were completely ignoring me.

Sometimes, while lying in bed and pinning my own cloth diaper, I live vicariously through that memory of my three-year-old self. It's definitely the more cherished of the two. (I do wish I'd gotten to know that particular grandma though--my dad's mom. The Christmas stocking she made for me when I was a baby is the only one I've ever had, and it still goes up every December.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali123
Around 2 yrs old. My younger brother and I were being babysat by our grandmother, this would have been the late 60s so I was in cloth diapers. My grandmother being a woman of want not, waste not never used cloth baby diapers on any of us kids, she used old bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, cut down to size. I remember the floral patterned diaper she had on me. No plastic pants.
I remember standing in the kitchen on the linoleum flooring when my parents came in the door. In my excitement I went to run to them and I slipped on something wet and did a sorta split and landing in something wet. I also remembering it hurting, me crying and my mom picking me up. I don't remember peeing but I'm pretty sure that what I slipped on. Funny thing is I can still remember the feel of the cold wetness of it.
Another early memory is when my parents bought a plastic pool for us kids. I remember my younger brother and I playing in the pool, I'm wearing an overly soaked disposable diaper. The pool was yellow with ducks. I can still see my older brother and sisters playing around the pool too.
Why I was in a disposable diaper I don't know, but my theory is that my mother was tired of washing diapers and she switched out to disposables at the end of my diaper days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvshugs
An early memory, not sure it's my first but maybe, is starting school when I was 5, wearing a diaper and rubber pants under my shorts, and not realizing I was the only one in the class who still needed diapers. At that time my sister was 2 and also wore diapers all the time so I didn't know most kids were potty trained by then. I don't think I was old enough feel embarrassment so I didn't become uncomfortable about wearing diapers until a girl in my class asked me why I was still wearing diapers and teased me.

Reactions: Luvshugs, Blekyss and Ali123
I have this snippet of memory of waking up in wet pajamas and being surprised. I think maybe it was the first time (only one I remember) when I peed at night after getting out of diapers. I guess I had been used to the peepee staying around my diaper area and now the whole bed was wet,

I also have a snippet of memory of walking naked (or at least pants-less) in the house and peeing as I walked, surprised that my parents were mad about that.

I'm 70+ so this was a looooong time ago.

I don't remember as far back, the earliest time I can remember was when I was around 8. My brother needed nappies still and I feel I was somewhat jealous of the attention he was getting. I remember taking a nappy and liking the feeling and I wanted them ever since. Every now and then my parents would threaten me by saying they would put me in a nappy, I was embarrased even though I secretly wanted to be in them. One day they did just that, whilst in bed I took it off though because of the shame. There was my chance to use it haha.

I have a number of early memories, but it’s hard to put them in chronological order. I don’t remember being in diapers before potty training, but there is a fuzzy one where I am looking out a window from what seems to be a changing table in my and my younger brother's room in the house we moved from when I was 2-1/2. I have more memories from our next house when I was 3-4 years old. In one I came in from playing in the back yard with a big stain on the front of my shorts, and I remember arguing with my mom, saying, “I didn’t wet my pants…it's just a wet spot.” Around the same time, I was playing with my brother and distinctly remember being on the top of our playhouse pooping my pants. I don’t know if I did it on purpose, but I remember standing there leaning on the railing while I filled my pants. I wasn’t upset, but my mom was when I came inside and told her. Another time we were at a nearby park with a lake, and left after both my brother and I had accidents. I remember the ride home with both of us in the back seat in wet and messy pants and two displeased parents up front.

The earliest I can definitely remember my age is when my youngest brother was born just after I turned 4. I vaguely remember my mom being pregnant and waiting for the baby to come. My other brother and I stayed with a retired couple that were family friends the night he was born, and we both wet our beds. I remember waking up with wet PJs and the woman we were staying with was so comforting and kind as i was quite upset and embarrassed as I did not wet the bed often. Not long after that, my first memories of wanting to be back in diapers start and I secretly began to put on and use my baby brothers cloth diapers and plastic pants when I could.

I have no recollections of potty training but I do remember vividly the 'big boy' ceremony, aged about 3 or 4 years old. In one of the rooms of the cottage we lived in there was a dark wooden chest of drawers and in the bottom drawer was where my nappies and plastic pants were kept. My mother stood on one side of this room and I on the other and she proceeded to rip up terry cloth nappies and plastic pants. I had some and I was supposed to do the same. I recall being upset and not wanting to participate. The plastic pants were binned, I guess. The nappies became dusters and cloths for cleaning for years after.
For a while after, maybe months rather than years, I would look through this drawer in the hope of finding some nappies or more specifically plastic pants that had been missed. No such luck, of course. There was a pair of toddler tighty-whities which were thicker than my big boy version, but nothing else. :cry: The chest of drawers is still in the family and there is nothing remotely interesting in the bottom drawer!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali123 and PrincessPlaypen
I wish I could remember that far back. My earliest memories were probably around when I was 4, I remember the time before I started school and starting kindergarten for the first time when I was 5. I don't remember being in diapers though. I was fully potty trained before that.

I did start to show an interest in them after my baby brother was born though. One time when I was 7 I took one of his diapers and hid it in my toy box. I didn't use it, and didn't even know why I did it at the time. I think I just thought it was funny.

I have strong memories of the crinkly sound of a plastic backed diaper, and the scent of Johnson's baby powder, as it's what was used on my brother. My mom used to put baby oil in the bath water for me as a kid because of my dry skin. I still use it today and love the smell. I guess these things explain why plastic backed disposables, baby powder, and baby oil are triggers for me now! :)

LilPaddedBunny said:
I have strong memories of the crinkly sound of a plastic backed diaper, and the scent of Johnson's baby powder, as it's what was used on my brother. My mom used to put baby oil in the bath water for me as a kid because of my dry skin. I still use it today and love the smell. I guess these things explain why plastic backed disposables, baby powder, and baby oil are triggers for me now! :)
yes…the sounds, scents, and textures of that time are especially strong memories that are triggers nearly 50 years later. The smell and feel of 70s era Pampers, J&J baby powder and baby oil, the crinkle of plastic pants, the smell of Clorox water in the diaper pail In our bathroom.

SoggyRunner said:
yes…the sounds, scents, and textures of that time are especially strong memories that are triggers nearly 50 years later. The smell and feel of 70s era Pampers, J&J baby powder and baby oil, the crinkle of plastic pants, the smell of Clorox water in the diaper pail In our bathroom.
I was born in the 80s so plastic backed disposables is what I have always associated the word "diaper" with. It's what everyone used when I was growing up. I even remember when they first started advertising cloth backed disposable baby diapers in the 90s. I didn't start exploring my AB/DL side until puberty, but I always had an interest in baby diaper commercials growing up.

I can remember my mom trying to pin my diaper. I guess I was moving around a lot and she told me to lie still because she didn't want to accidently stick me with a diaper pin. I also can remember the potty seat that would be placed on top of our toilet seat.

Reactions: stinkape
My earliest snippets of memories are from when I was either 1 or in the early 2s, although I can't put exact ages on them. But I know that is the correct age range because in all of them I was wearing a nappy and I was able to walk.

Some of the memories I have are:
  • Trying to squeeze into the very small gap between the stove and the bench top in the kitchen. I was wearing just a nappy. Not sure why I was trying to do that.
  • Doing a poo while sitting in my high chair. I remember the tray of the high chair was covered in food.
  • Standing at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning, with my mum telling me to come down.
  • Doing a poo while walking with my mum to our car.
  • Waking up from a nap and seeing my mum in the room.

Reactions: LilByte and Ali123
I think I can vaguely remember being pinned in a diaper and my mom telling me to stay still , I’m just not sure.

When I was maybe 3 or 4 I can remember begging my parents to buy me some Pampers but they just said no l was to big for diapers .
I used to try and make my own makeshift diapers but that didn’t do much for me because what I longed for was a real diaper .

Finally in my early twenties I can remember my grandfather passing away , he was in diapers at the end of his life.
Sometime after his death my aunt had a big package of Echards disposable adult diapers so I planned a trip to her house and took my duffle bag with me . That evening when everyone had gone to bed I snagged one of the diapers and put it in the bottom of my bag.

Later when I got back to my apt. I put it on I can remember having a raging stiffy . About that time a had a knock on the door and it was an old helper of mine wanting to use my VCR which when I looked for it it was gone and he knew it because he had broken into my apt,when I was gone by busting through the fire wall in the attic between my apt and the one him and his girlfriend I believe was swatting in for a few days .

I didn’t buy any for a few years and then l started buying samples at the drugstore which finally led to whole packs.
Now I wear better diapers that I order of the internet and have just accepted the fact that I need them for reasons to hard to explain.

My earliest memory is my mother giving me my pacifier but it's gotten fuzzy over the years but I clearly remember Christmas when I was 4 I received a football and a little Brett Favre jersey because he wore the number 4

I’m not sure which of these was first: I have a memory of sitting in the lap of one of the workers at my daycare. She was trying to feed me this white, goopy, disgusting slop which had these little chunks of powder. I gagged and cried, but I wasn’t verbal so all I could do was put my hands up to try and stop the spoon of doom from entering my mouth. I remember her telling someone else, probably another teacher, “He’s being fussy.” Years later, I saw my dad making instant mashed potatoes and noticed they looked a lot like what they were trying to feed me.

The other memory is of me playing in daycare. I even remember the toy, it was a Weebles Farm Playset. One of the daycare workers came up behind me and did the two finger pull back on my diaper to see if it was full. It was. So she picked me up and took me to get changed; but I didn’t want to go. I was having fun playing. So I cried.

LittleDuck said:
I’m not sure which of these was first: I have a memory of sitting in the lap of one of the workers at my daycare. She was trying to feed me this white, goopy, disgusting slop which had these little chunks of powder. I gagged and cried, but I wasn’t verbal so all I could do was put my hands up to try and stop the spoon of doom from entering my mouth. I remember her telling someone else, probably another teacher, “He’s being fussy.” Years later, I saw my dad making instant mashed potatoes and noticed they looked a lot like what they were trying to feed me.

The other memory is of me playing in daycare. I even remember the toy, it was a Weebles Farm Playset. One of the daycare workers came up behind me and did the two finger pull back on my diaper to see if it was full. It was. So she picked me up and took me to get changed; but I didn’t want to go. I was having fun playing. So I cried.
That’s a lovely memory - having your nappy checked like that and then being swept up and taken away to be changed.

Reactions: Babybrained, Ridinginnappies and Lyric
Back