Your Diapered Situation- Expectations vs Reality.

GoodnitesXL21

Loves Diapers & Bikinis! Both awesome undies! 😁
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To start, I'd say I've probably been a DL to some degree since 7-8, when my brother was a toddler. I tried on some of his toddler diapers for a short while over a couple nights at that time, but they got found and that put a damper on that for a while. 🙁 It really wasn't until I was 12ish around 2000 when Goodnites started heavily advertising that I tried them and got hooked. This was also the first time I had wet a diaper since potty training also. I started occasionally wearing off and on over the next 10 years. I tried some adult diapers from local stores over those years too and they all sucked, so I stayed with Goodnites. It wasn't until I moved out that I did some research and got some actual very GOOD diapers. :love:

What I Expected:

• Diaper wetting would just feel wet and then get cold/uncomfortable quickly.
  • You just have big wettings.
  • Only actual babies/toddlers freeze/zone out when peeing.
  • You would have to change constantly, going through a ton of diapers.
  • I would never find a diaper that fit/looked as nice as when I had worn one of my toddler brother's baby diapers. (I like the fit/look of Goodnites, but they are more of a novelty due to their capacity)
  • They probably wouldn't be too comfortable after a while.

Reality Currently:
  • Wetting actually feels very pleasant and comfortable in a good diaper.
  • I wear a Megamax with a booster in the day and it lasts the whole day. I am still to this day amazed how much my diapers take! 😲
  • From being nearly 24/7 for so long, I probably have between 10-20 smaller wettings on average throughout the day. I get a small tingle/urge feeling and then in a few seconds to a minute later I start peeing. I don't push but know it's happening because I feel a kind of vibration from the pee exiting and then a small bit of warmth after.
  • I've noticed that sometimes I'll slow down when I feel the urge tingle that I need to go, especially if it's surprisingly urgent. If no one is around, some times I kind of stop in place and zone out as I start peeing. I make an effort not to when people are around, otherwise I kind of don't mind that happening I guess. I just let my body, "do it's thing" and it seems to kind of like going on pause to pee.
  • I liked how Goodnites fit and look, but it wasn't until I got good diapers that I LOVED the look and fit. With my Megamax diapers, when properly taped/tucked they really do fit and look like a proper baby diaper! 🤗 One thing that is really unexpected is how much I've come to LOVE how my diapered butt looks in them. I like the gentle poofyness and absolutely love the look of how it folds/transitions with the leg gathers under my buttcheeks (I don't know how else to explain this aspect) :love:
  • I'm still amazed how comfortable my diaper is all day, from fluffy and dry, to bulged and soaked. It feels warm and comfy all day, yet as it progressively swells up, It doesn't feel constricting, or really restrict any daily movement. The only thing that is affected is when nearing the end of the day, I can't close my legs when sitting down.😂
  • One of the things that I'm still amazed by and still can't get over is just how much my diaper holds in a day. The size it actually swells to with a booster is more than I would have thought possible, but I really do love it. When I'm taking off my boosted Megamax and wrapping it up to throw out, I still can't get over just how heavy and massively swelled it is, and that it didn't even threaten to leak! 😲 🤯

So what has been your guys' experience with actually being diapered vs. what you were expecting before you started wearing (by choice OR necessity too). Overall for me it's been absolutely WAY more wonderful than I could have ever imagined! 🤗 I love it and have come to accept that it's a part of me that I'll never be able to completely stop, and this too in itself has made my experience more enjoyable. When I'm diapered now, I really do feel more of a sense of well-being/contentment, and just feel more "right." 😌

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384, jamiejamie, grayghostABDL and 1 other person
Back