You use collars?

lilithra

Fluffy Kitsune 3 Tails
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I'm thinking of buying a collar for a day to day wear, nothing to radical (BDSM), but clearly pet related. And I wanted to ask what you think about collars.
You use collars or that is too symbolic of ownership?

• Thinking
Reactions: RachelOlivia, AshleyFoxKit and Angelapinks
Hmmm sorry to be the first one to post since I have a collar as part of a maid outfit.... yeah lets not ask haha getting back to the point, I am by no means the best person for this since I dont really count mine.

From my point of view point as someone that did jeweller making I think it adds a nice bit of character to you as a person, I dont know how many people think of it as pet play or BDSM as there first thought when seeing you but id like to think people can tell the difference if they spend the time to look at you. The only real down side to this outside of you, me/ all others is that I do tend to find this is seen more as a women fashion kind of thing so people can be judgemental depending on what you have and who you pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Cottontail
Of course, bunnies don’t wear coll—

F6FBE71F-1ED9-42CF-B5BB-F6DFAE2A207B.jpeg

—ars…

Uh… Well, I don’t.

I’ll admit to finding the plain, non-studded collars with tags fun and cute. I don’t generally think about “ownership,” although I can understand how that might be intended or assumed.

Reactions: Angelapinks, lilithra and littleph0enix
Back when I was in middle school I tried on a dog collar for fun and found it to be quite comfy even though I don't like stuff on my neck. I haven't worn one since but seeing this makes me want to wear one for some reason! I would too embarrassed to wear one in public though, maybe at a furcon. I also really like harnesses (full safety kind), they feel kinda like a hug, they make me feel safe and secure, they look great on fursuits, they give me the same dog feelings as a collar but even better, and the leg/waist straps can give similar feelings to the pressure of a diaper.

Reactions: Angelapinks and lilithra
I love collars, but only wear mine in private during playtime 🦊😊

Reactions: mistykitty, Angelapinks and lilithra
Metal collars are Great for public or professional settings as they appear to be more of a jewelery piece then anything else but still have that collar esk look.

Reactions: Angelapinks
fleckothefennec said:
I love collars, but only wear mine in private during playtime 🦊😊
So it's a part of pet play for you?
I got interested in It, I think that my wild side wants to come to play. For me is not sexual. And I think is totally cute.

Reactions: Angelapinks and fleckothefennec
BabyRebecca said:
Metal collars are Great for public or professional settings as they appear to be more of a jewelery piece then anything else but still have that collar esk look.
Yes, for a professional setting, searching for an alternative like that is a good idea.

Reactions: Angelapinks
If I got one that was comfortable, I would always wear a jingle bell collar. I think they’re really cute.

I do own one that I use with a fox costume I sometimes put on, but it’s too tight and scratchy around the neck to wear regularly. Plus, I think the bell’s a bit too big and showy; I’d want something smaller and more subtle if I was to wear it as a regular thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilithra and Ali123
i wear a chain O ring collar that is symbolic of my submission to my partner. they wear a similar looking bracelet so you can tell who owns me. we are a bit traditional about it, they are the only one who can take my collar on and off.

I have a collar I wear with my maid’s uniform.

It’s slightly uncomfortable, which is perfect.

chiaochai said:
i wear a chain O ring collar that is symbolic of my submission to my partner. they wear a similar looking bracelet so you can tell who owns me. we are a bit traditional about it, they are the only one who can take my collar on and off.
Yeah, I think that a collar with that type of decorations/details or tags is more symbolic for pet/owner.

Reactions: chiaochai
I wear one occasionally. It's a regular animal one pink with cat paws on it I got from amazon. Also, I have a pet bowl I sometimes use to.

Last edited:
Reactions: JazzBaby and lilithra
lilithra said:
So it's a part of pet play for you?
I got interested in It, I think that my wild side wants to come to play. For me is not sexual. And I think is totally cute.
Yes I like some pet play, the collar usually accompanies my tail as well.

In a non sexual note, I find collars are a beautiful addition for a woman to wear as an accessory when out and about😊

Reactions: lilithra
littleph0enix said:
Hmmm sorry to be the first one to post since I have a collar as part of a maid outfit.... yeah lets not ask haha getting back to the point, I am by no means the best person for this since I dont really count mine.

From my point of view point as someone that did jeweller making I think it adds a nice bit of character to you as a person, I dont know how many people think of it as pet play or BDSM as there first thought when seeing you but id like to think people can tell the difference if they spend the time to look at you. The only real down side to this outside of you, me/ all others is that I do tend to find this is seen more as a women fashion kind of thing so people can be judgemental depending on what you have and who you pass.
I would definitely agree with this - collars being definitely on the feminine side - especially the fur jeweled detailed type.
For the male side - a pointy husky dog collar - adding a companion leash
lilithra said:
Yes, for a professional setting, searching for an alternative like that is a good idea.
I have a polished ring collar the type the hinge closes and is secured with an allen hex key - adding an "O" ring for a leash attachment or
optionally the "O" ring as part of the collar.
s-l500.pngs-l500.jpg

ManeWulf said:
If I got one that was comfortable, I would always wear a jingle bell collar. I think they’re really cute.

I do own one that I use with a fox costume I sometimes put on, but it’s too tight and scratchy around the neck to wear regularly. Plus, I think the bell’s a bit too big and showy; I’d want something smaller and more subtle if I was to wear it as a regular thing.
YES definitely have some (pleasant) noise device jingle bells chimes - even perhaps some proximity electronic music - extreme opposite of a
dog fence alarm.

And collars should be LOCKED on - NOT to be removed by the wearer !

• Love
Reactions: chiaochai, Angelapinks and lilithra
babylock1 said:
I would definitely agree with this - collars being definitely on the feminine side - especially the fur jeweled detailed type.
For the male side - a pointy husky dog collar - adding a companion leash

I have a polished ring collar the type the hinge closes and is secured with an allen hex key - adding an "O" ring for a leash attachment or
optionally the "O" ring as part of the collar.
View attachment 104921View attachment 104922

YES definitely have some (pleasant) noise device jingle bells chimes - even perhaps some proximity electronic music - extreme opposite of a
dog fence alarm.

And collars should be LOCKED on - NOT to be removed by the wearer !
You have given me lots of ideas, thank you very much.

You can always call it a Choker

stimkyfox said:
i think a collar and a choker have two different meanings. they could be the same piece of jewelry but a collar is reprasentative of a kink dynamic and a choker is just a fashion statement.

edit: i am so dumb and i just realized you probably meant you could call it a choker so no one knows its a kink thing. forgive me, i may have wake n baked a lil too much before responding to this XD

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: stimkyfox, lilithra and littleph0enix
stimkyfox said:
Yep, but a choker of metal or fur, isn't very common right?

lilithra said:
Yep, but a choker of metal or fur, isn't very common right?
Which makes you a trendsetter (or hipster)

Back