Would doctor/insurance consider this a need for diapers?

Is this a viable need for diapers that insurance would cover?

• Total voters

BreezySkies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
So I'm looking into picking what insurance policy/deductible I'd pick, ultimately I'm largely healthy and typically would go to the doctor once a year tops

However I'm debating this because I drive a truck and i know the insurance would cover diapers.

Now i have accidents occasionally and honestly I've had plenty of instances if i didn't have a diaper I'd of ended up going in my pants, yeah theoretically i can just go on the side of the road but when i have to mess or I'm at a warehouse some of these places don't want drivers out of the truck or won't allow you to use their bathrooms as well as i sometimes wet the bed

I'm wondering would insurance cover any of this or is it still really considered just me wearing for convenience?

I mean either way I'm going wear diapers I'm just wondering if I'd be able to use insurance to cut costs if i was dead honest about this (because of course it's not worth risking insurance fraud)

Because if insurance might cover it i might pick a higher premium plan if they won't I'll probably stick around mid where I'm at

I just want some feedback on this

To put it bluntly, the diapers insurance pays for won’t be the ones you’d want. They will be prevail cloth covered, thin and won’t hold much.

Your best bet is to participate in a flexible spending account. This is your money that is taken from your paycheck pre-tax. Most suppliers take it, though save your receipts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreezySkies
diapernh said:
To put it bluntly, the diapers insurance pays for won’t be the ones you’d want. They will be prevail cloth covered, thin and won’t hold much.

Your best bet is to participate in a flexible spending account. This is your money that is taken from your paycheck pre-tax. Most suppliers take it, though save your receipts.
As far as what they'd cover probably yes, but i thought insurance if you don't go with their recommendation they'd at least pay a certain percentage of what the cost on your choice is? Because I know some diaper brands like Abu and rearz accept insurance

Tell your doctor they will run some test & send you to urologist who will run more tests & procedures. They will then try several medications. After all that you might be able to get a letter stating all medical Avenues have been explored and you require incontinence products.
Depending on your insurance program where you live you might have limited coverage choices or might need to pay partially out of pocket to upgrade to a better product

All of this will vary depending where you live and what various rules / policies & procedures are.

Last edited:
BreezySkies said:
As far as what they'd cover probably yes, but i thought insurance if you don't go with their recommendation they'd at least pay a certain percentage of what the cost on your choice is? Because I know some diaper brands like Abu and rearz accept insurance
Abu and rearz will give you an insurance compliant receipt, meaning it is coded as incontinence products…. They won’t bill insurance.

Most insurance companies use specific suppliers, for instance my CPAP supplies come from Apria, they charge my insurance an arm and a leg for the stuff. I could get it cheaper from an online store, but my insurance would not pay me back for that charge and the online store cannot bill my insurance.

diapernh said:

Prevail, Conviden Wings, and McKesson are some of the choices all thin medical diapers

Last edited:
Sorry to be a downer, but depending on what U.S. state you live in, the vast majority of insurance companies do not cover adult diapers for urge incontinence. And, without years of trying other things (mostly expensive drugs), urologists are usually hesitant to prescribe diapers.

The insurance companies that do cover incontinence supplies will cover very cheap disposables.

Back