WORST diapers you have tried

Anything you can get in your basic grocery store tena depends store brand etc is junk unless you don't care about comfort or only need to hold a few drops
I wore depends briefs as a teen and only pro it has is the 6 tapes (wish More diaper manufacturers did this as you do get a better fit)

Getting any semi decent or better diaper you need to go to a medical supply store or go online but of course lots of garbage online too.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and BobbiSueEllen
We have some very strange brands here in New Zealand that may as well just be regular underwear 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: Gothmistress13, LaLoneDigi and Jorelaxed
Boots staydry

A few years ago I tried those snuggles! Worst abdl purchase of my life. Plastic rips easily before use(dry) and even faster after use(somewhat wet).

Last edited:
Prevail Air Stretchable Brief

A tiny rectangle of padding in a huge swath of useless non-absorbent material, with velcro that barely holds. I've tried a lot of medical-style diapers so I'm used to all that.

What really makes the Prevail stand out is how the tiny rectangle of padding bunches up in the front, so you get the worst of all worlds: low absorbency combined with awkward bulk.

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed, HereWeGo2169, keepitonDL and 1 other person
The prevail air stretch briefs look almost like someone tried turn a baby diaper into an adult one

Reactions: Gothmistress13, WillFord384, MetalDan86 and 1 other person
Septona diapers (trash bag holds better)

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyBBCA
WillFord384 said:
Prevail Air Stretchable Brief

A tiny rectangle of padding in a huge swath of useless non-absorbent material, with velcro that barely holds. I've tried a lot of medical-style diapers so I'm used to all that.

What really makes the Prevail stand out is how the tiny rectangle of padding bunches up in the front, so you get the worst of all worlds: low absorbency combined with awkward bulk.

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php
oh man prevail is absolute garbage
it be better to put a Kleenex in a grocery bag and wear that

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyBBCA, keepitonDL, bayareadl21 and 2 others
Raven801 said:
Interesting I've been in those 24-7 for over a year.... The tapes are great and absorbency isn't too bad put a booster in it and there pretty acceptable.... I easily get 6-8 hours out of one and have only had 4 leaks in a year and a half .... Far better than anything you can get at Walgreens Walmart etc . Speaking of which avoid the certainty briefs from Walgreens total cucca. All I can say is seems strange maybe a bad batch ? I dunno there quality control isn't the best and I have had some with odd flaws.. not often but it does happen. Anyways have a good one 🤙
Oof, I got the Walgreens Certainty briefs as my first tab-style Adult diaper a few weeks ago. It was terrible. Just a little bit of wetting and you felt soggy as heck, and it never went away. I had already been planning to buy baby diapers at the store anyway, so I got some and used them as stuffers initially, and they made the briefs -tolerable-, but not great still. Totally agree with you there.

Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
DLmikey said:
The cloth-backed Abena M4 just didn’t work for me - lots of clumping, uncomfortable dry or wet and I was always worried about leaking. Maybe the plastic-backed version is better?

Anyhow, I discovered the wonderful Tena Active-Fit Maxi and Ultima and have never looked back! 😊
I bought a pack of these and was so disappointed. It felt like I was wearing a paper towel. The plastic backed Abena is so much better. Not my choice diaper but it is a solid diaper.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Gothmistress13, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
SofiaInPampers said:
I bought a pack of these and was so disappointed. It felt like I was wearing a paper towel. The plastic backed Abena is so much better. Not my choice diaper but it is a solid diaper.
I wear the plastic backed Abena L4
tried cloth back it's a completely different diaper
Plastic backed is sooo much better quality.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and BobbiSueEllen
My answer is pretty obvious it has to be depends. Also as much as I love the designs on goodnites, they can't really hold anything

DiaperBaby87 said:
My answer is pretty obvious it has to be depends. Also as much as I love the designs on goodnites, they can't really hold anything
Depends briefs only pro is 6 tapes
they will hold a little
and are easy to hide

goodnites are meant for youth with smaller bladders so they don't design them for adult volume
Though older (original) goodnites were better than current models

Reactions: DiaperBaby87
I think crinkles suck. Tried them once and hated them. The padding was extra stuff and hard, plastic wasn’t soft. I also hate diapers that have extra thick rough plastic. Tranquility atn diapers also suck. And the Abu space diapers the plastic is too thick also. The best I have found are the tykables overnites and puppers diapers. I love how fluffy the padding is, they are super thick and absorbent and the plastic feels amazing.

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2
Kinkybabynicky said:
I think crinkles suck. Tried them once and hated them. The padding was extra stuff and hard, plastic wasn’t soft. I also hate diapers that have extra thick rough plastic. Tranquility atn diapers also suck. And the Abu space diapers the plastic is too thick also. The best I have found are the tykables overnites and puppers diapers. I love how fluffy the padding is, they are super thick and absorbent and the plastic feels amazing.
I agree no matter what I tried they leaked, have 2 left for two bags and they just sit in bottom of my diaper drawer

I primarily wear actual children's/baby diapers due to cost and actually being able to buy in a store, but there are a few I haven't been all that impressed with.

First are Ninjamas. The first batch at least was way too small and the L/XL had a tendency to rip easily while even L Goodnites go up just like my regular panties. Regardless, this has scared me from trying them since.

Second, the only adult diaper I have ever tried, Equate women's pull ups, had a tendency to leak immediately if I was wearing them absolutely perfect. I got the S/M size, but they still felt too big. Plus I don't like how they make me feel like an old person.

Lastly, the updated Kroger Comforts size 7 baby diapers. The old ones were my favorite tape style diaper because they were so cute and soft and fit me surprisingly decent for a baby diaper since the sides were decently stretchy, along with coming in a smaller pack for discreetness. However, awhile back, they redesigned them and I believe changed suppliers, so now they no longer fit me without rigging up some extensions from torn off sides of other diapers. Since then, to get my tape style diaper fix, I have had to resort to the Dollar General equivalent, which I don't think is as cute or soft, but the sides are still thankfully stretchy. It's just Dollar General has always been inconsistent about keeping these in stock.

I would also mention Pampers Easy Ups 4T-5T as they didn't fit me having a similar problem to Ninjamas, but I have not tried the 5T-6T yet since those came out, so I cannot judge them fairly.

If I had to mention one that I was mad at the most, it would probably have to be the Kroger Comforts because they messed up such a good product. I've even seen actual parents complain in reviews online saying they aren't as good as the old ones. The only thing I found interesting is they did change them to the absorbent 3 channel thing, similar to Pampers, although for my purposes I think I prefer the more basic single channel thing of a traditional diaper.

Weatheronthe8s said:
I primarily wear actual children's/baby diapers due to cost and actually being able to buy in a store, but there are a few I haven't been all that impressed with.

First are Ninjamas. The first batch at least was way too small and the L/XL had a tendency to rip easily while even L Goodnites go up just like my regular panties. Regardless, this has scared me from trying them since.

Second, the only adult diaper I have ever tried, Equate women's pull ups, had a tendency to leak immediately if I was wearing them absolutely perfect. I got the S/M size, but they still felt too big. Plus I don't like how they make me feel like an old person.

Lastly, the updated Kroger Comforts size 7 baby diapers. The old ones were my favorite tape style diaper because they were so cute and soft and fit me surprisingly decent for a baby diaper since the sides were decently stretchy, along with coming in a smaller pack for discreetness. However, awhile back, they redesigned them and I believe changed suppliers, so now they no longer fit me without rigging up some extensions from torn off sides of other diapers. Since then, to get my tape style diaper fix, I have had to resort to the Dollar General equivalent, which I don't think is as cute or soft, but the sides are still thankfully stretchy. It's just Dollar General has always been inconsistent about keeping these in stock.

I would also mention Pampers Easy Ups 4T-5T as they didn't fit me having a similar problem to Ninjamas, but I have not tried the 5T-6T yet since those came out, so I cannot judge them fairly.

If I had to mention one that I was mad at the most, it would probably have to be the Kroger Comforts because they messed up such a good product. I've even seen actual parents complain in reviews online saying they aren't as good as the old ones. The only thing I found interesting is they did change them to the absorbent 3 channel thing, similar to Pampers, although for my purposes I think I prefer the more basic single channel thing of a traditional diaper.
Awesome about the baby diapers. I'm wearing them a lot too, but I don't fit them so I use ConvertUps. What size diapers do you normally fit into? And, is it a good fit or tight? I always think if I got size 8s I could let them stretch on their own and maybe comfortably close the tapes, but I doubt it.. >.> I'm just too big for them.

It's fine, though. My opinion is, baby diaps will always be something I use, eventually as a gap closer for when I'm in between ABDL diapers and also just to slow down the usage of the ABDL diapers for cost effectiveness. Nothing beats the ease of just picking up a pack (or case if you can drive and lug it easier) and immediately get to use. $10 for 21 diapers is just unbeatable haha. And you can make them work if you don't have an over-active bladder (IC) and don't flood all at once. They also feel and smell amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384 and Weatheronthe8s
Omg301 said:
Awesome about the baby diapers. I'm wearing them a lot too, but I don't fit them so I use ConvertUps. What size diapers do you normally fit into? And, is it a good fit or tight? I always think if I got size 8s I could let them stretch on their own and maybe comfortably close the tapes, but I doubt it.. >.> I'm just too big for them.

It's fine, though. My opinion is, baby diaps will always be something I use, eventually as a gap closer for when I'm in between ABDL diapers and also just to slow down the usage of the ABDL diapers for cost effectiveness. Nothing beats the ease of just picking up a pack (or case if you can drive and lug it easier) and immediately get to use. $10 for 21 diapers is just unbeatable haha. And you can make them work if you don't have an over-active bladder (IC) and don't flood all at once. They also feel and smell amazing.
For baby diapers, I have only ever had luck with size 7s, I tried size 6 Pampers Cruisers once, but they were not big enough and I had to do my rip off tape trick to get them to fit. I've heard of Convert Ups, but I pretty much can only buy stuff that is sold in stores since I still live with my parents. My size 7s are a little tight, but they aren't super uncomfortable. The tapes on the cheaper diapers actually begin to deteriorate as you wear them and loosen up in overnight situations, at least for me. I have wanted to try other diapers, but sadly I pretty much have to buy the smaller packs as I have no way of dealing with the larger boxes effectively, and many stores only sell size 7s in large boxes. For me, a diaper can just about hold one good wetting and the last generic pack I bought at Dollar General was 6 or 7 dollars. I would love to know what other diapers would work well though.

I once got about 100 prevail diapers from a thrift store for under $20. They were absolute garbage. Held maybe 1/2 a wetting before leaking. I think I donated most of them.

diaperboy said:
Tranquility ATN Diapers. The tape doesn't hold correctly, and you can easily overflow those.
You have been pretty fortunate if that really is the worse. I mean it is far from the best but it for sure is a middle of the road diaper.

Please I urge you feel free to try out the assurance brand cloth backs from your local Wal-Mart. You could also try McKesson, The blue wings often used in hospitals or any store bought diaper.

You clearly was not around in the 80's or 90's as all protection was far less than Tranquility ATN.

Reactions: diaperboy
Back