Why not a lot of ABDL people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, Many People just fear the things they don't understand.

Calico said:
Well she made an awareness blog about IC and to try and get rid of the stigma about diapers and it was all great stuff until she posted that shit on her channel so it feels like betrayal. if she was just some regular IC person, then I wouldn't care. Like you I valued her opinion about the stigma on diapers and liked what she was doing. She wasn't just a blogger, she was an advocate and a fighter for the stigma about diapers.

I think if you are trying to change something and trying to change the world, at least be a good advocate, not post bigotry videos. What if it was a racist video or hating people, with disabilities or homophobia or transphobia instead she posted instead of ABDLphobia?

I get that's it's disappointing, but I don't see why I or anyone else should necessarily care. I don't need an advocate to use a paci or wear a bib. I just do it because it feels right for me. I also don't see us as a marginalised group, like people with disabilities or trans-people. People think our particular kink or lifestyle choice is weird, but ABDL isn't an identity, disability or orientation. It's a lifestyle choice and/or kink which we enjoy. If I got upset every time someone said something critical about the things I enjoy doing, I'd lead a pretty unhappy life.

Sure, if you're an advocate for something, it's good to be open-minded, consistent and fair. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that a supposed ABDL advocate isn't showing those qualities. It has no bearing on whether I do ABDL activities, or how I feel when I do ABDL things.

Sanch said:
I get that's it's disappointing, but I don't see why I or anyone else should necessarily care. I don't need an advocate to use a paci or wear a bib. I just do it because it feels right for me. I also don't see us as a marginalised group, like people with disabilities or trans-people. People think our particular kink or lifestyle choice is weird, but ABDL isn't an identity, disability or orientation. It's a lifestyle choice and/or kink which we enjoy. If I got upset every time someone said something critical about the things I enjoy doing, I'd lead a pretty unhappy life.

Sure, if you're an advocate for something, it's good to be open-minded, consistent and fair. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that a supposed ABDL advocate isn't showing those qualities. It has no bearing on whether I do ABDL activities, or how I feel when I do ABDL things.

It wasn't an ABDL advocate, it was an advocate for incontinence .

I guess not all ABDL are going to care what she says like how I didn't care what Justin Beiber said when he said something offensive that offended tons and tons of people around the world and I forget what it was what he said and what the topic was. But I assume all those people were his fans and liked his songs which were why they were disappointed while I don't really care for his music and don't listen to it so I was unaffected.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and lot of people still think LGBT is a choice and any behavior with any invisible disabilities.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure if I made a video about religion and trashing people with it, I am sure I would get the same reactions as well for lumping them all into one group with the bad ones. Religion is also a choice and a belief people pick to follow.

Last edited:
Calico said:
It wasn't an ABDL advocate, it was an advocate for incontinence .

I guess not all ABDL are going to care what she says like how I didn't care what Justin Beiber said when he said something offensive that offended tons and tons of people around the world and I forget what it was what he said and what the topic was. But I assume all those people were his fans and liked his songs which were why they were disappointed while I don't really care for his music and don't listen to it so I was unaffected.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and lot of people still think LGBT is a choice any behavior with any invisible disabilities.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure if I made a video about religion and trashing people with it, I am sure I would get the same reactions as well for lumping them all into one group with the bad ones. Religion is also a choice and a belief people pick to follow.

Okay. That makes more sense, seeing as IC isn't something which sufferers have any choice in, whereas, as much as some say ABDL is ingrained for them, we have a choice as to whether it's a part of our lives.

I also get that you're more likely to be annoyed if someone is criticising something which you feel is central to your life, but I still don't understand why people get so hung up on the opinions of others, or the need for advocates.

I'm disabled. I don't need a Vlogger to tell me I can exercise, hold down a good job and be confident about my appearance. I'm also ABDL. I don't need someone to tell me that it's fine for people like me to wear cute onesies and play with dolls. I'll do it because I enjoy it.

If there's any stigma about what I do, fine. I wouldn't want to live a life where I was looking to others for their stance on things like 'Is it okay if I wear this paci when I want to?' or 'Do I qualify to be ABDL?'. This is a more general gripe, so I'm not accusing you particularly of doing this. I just get sad of seeing lots of threads on here which ask 'Can I/Should I/Is it normal if I want to...'? Do what feels right for you.

Obviously if you made a video trashing religion, some people would be annoyed, because a lot of people don't like having their worldview challenged, or else take it to heart when people promote ideas and lifestyle choices which differ. I'm aware that what makes me (or any of us) feel good is far more important than being right by someone else's subjective, arbitrary standards.

Went back and read toyfuns post a few times.
I get the impression the he's hurting and in the depths of one of our "purge cycles". That being said I don't think we can expect our society to accept us very soon or ever.
I think a lot of the negative reactions are to certain extent hard wired into us. The whole "cave man" thing. Me Tarzan, you Jane. Me macho, you not.
We as men still have the dominance gene that makes us willing to fight for the prize of mating with the females. The ol "buck in heat" thing. ooga booga (not gaagaa like us). Women also have the motivation of looking for a mate that satisfies her inner drives (doe in heat). Strong, good looking,capable of generating strong offspring (certainly not diaper boy) like me. I believe this is the unconscious consensus of our society. Consequently anything that falls outside of this consensus is not tolerated - or at least not very well.
At 62 I still kinda freak out when I look in the mirror at myself all dressed up in my baby pants. The older I get the more freaky I look to myself. (I figure I'll get so old that I'll freak myself to death some day). I've seen posts here from the younger crowd that hate the pics of "hairy old fat guys". So I guess we can't even stand ourselves. Hee Hee.

Last edited:
Otherwise the average peoples big part not knows ABDL. But i feel, getting closer is the era, when everyone knows ABDLs. I hope the next age everyone knows this lifestyle, and the peoples accept us.

The comic is very good XD That's true. Our generation is accepting everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back