Why do you look (or post) at other forums here at adisc?

SparkyDog said:
go into your account preferences
you have to click yes to see that section
Thanks for the info. Gone there and done that.
Very interesting forum!
Dependonme

EcoIncon said:
I will look at most of the forums as well. I really am still trying to understand why people would want to wear diapers if they don't have to and while many of the posts are just about liking the feeling of being wet or security having a diaper on or regression, occasionally there are some real insights.
I know you're a longstanding member of this community, but if I may take a stab at that if you haven't gotten to a point of understanding us.

"Want to" is not exactly the right way to approach that. It's more like we have to for completely different reasons. There's more nuance to that, of course...

Usually, something about the entire situation was imprinted on our psychology at a young age. Most of us have tried to resist it and cure it, but we came to a conclusion that a) what we were resisting was causing us more anxiety and distress, and b) not resisting this part of us won't harm anyone. Sometimes it pushed us toward diapers directly, and other times it set up related traits that may lead us to diapers eventually.

So we came to accept this was a part of us and takes care and feeding like any other need. Like anything we accept, we can start to find things we appreciate about it, even beyond just satisfying an idiosyncrasy. It also helps that there's a community with shared experiences. Naturally, someone is going to say something to the effect of "What if I could have this need met 100% of the time?" and takes that to the extreme of wearing diapers 24/7.

We just have a need for diapers on the other end of our anatomy: our brain.

Would I prefer that not be the case, personally? I've gone from yes to no so many times, but I've gotten to the point of saying it doesn't really matter what I want. It just is. Might as well find enjoyment and comfort in it.

Reactions: Riddy, LilPaddedBunny, Puffysoft and 5 others
Look at all , as some times people don’t know where to post a topic as it covers many sub forums so just pick one

EcoIncon said:
I will look at most of the forums as well. I really am still trying to understand why people would want to wear diapers if they don't have to
I understand the question. Certainly I wouldn't be interested in any of the other forums here if I wasn't IC. I'm hardly not abdl. Interesting? Yes. Do I have abdl tendencies? Not sure. But if I was, I'm sure it's all about how I'm IC. And the fact that I wear diapers. Everyday.

Reactions: EcoIncon and Edgewater
greatlake5 said:
I understand the question. Certainly I wouldn't be interested in any of the other forums here if I wasn't IC. I'm hardly not abdl. Interesting? Yes. Do I have abdl tendencies? Not sure. But if I was, I'm sure it's all about how I'm IC. And the fact that I wear diapers. Everyday.
Do you feel like the ABDL niche in the adult diaper market is making products better and more useful for you? Only thing I don’t like is the rising cost that you have to fork it over.

jamiejamie said:
Do you feel like the ABDL niche in the adult diaper market is making products better and more useful for you? Only thing I don’t like is the rising cost that you have to fork it over.
To be fair, there's pressure on the other end of the market to improve their products, too, but yeah, it's really just removed the cap on quality and provided a market to caters up to and including "recreational wetting".

Reactions: Edgewater and jamiejamie
blaincorrous said:
I know you're a longstanding member of this community, but if I may take a stab at that if you haven't gotten to a point of understanding us.

"Want to" is not exactly the right way to approach that. It's more like we have to for completely different reasons. There's more nuance to that, of course...

Usually, something about the entire situation was imprinted on our psychology at a young age. Most of us have tried to resist it and cure it, but we came to a conclusion that a) what we were resisting was causing us more anxiety and distress, and b) not resisting this part of us won't harm anyone. Sometimes it pushed us toward diapers directly, and other times it set up related traits that may lead us to diapers eventually.
You synthesized and summarized many points I had suspected very nicely and in a though provoking way. Thank you!

I have to wonder though if there isn't another angle or two. I've noted people that are a bit older that have just gotten into ABDL scene. I have to wonder if there aren't things that can imprint on you later in life - examples: 1) people that need diapers and discover they don't mind them all that much or use them more than strictly necessary (@greatlake5 's comment seems to lean in this direction) 2) people that were introduced by a loved one/partner, 3) people that have to use them due to a temporary condition and decide they are convenient or like them for some latent reason, etc.

Maybe the examples I provided are all derivatives of your comment "other times it set up related traits that may lead us to diapers eventually" but there seems to be more...

Reactions: LordDuque, blaincorrous, Edgewater and 1 other person
EcoIncon said:
I will look at most of the forums as well. I really am still trying to understand why people would want to wear diapers if they don't have to and while many of the posts are just about liking the feeling of being wet or security having a diaper on or regression, occasionally there are some real insights.
@blaincorrous, @jamiejamie I think the more interesting question is why non incontinent people want to interact on the Incontinence Forum. I have no issue with it, as long as everyone follows the rules laid out for the participants in the forum. Obviously there is a desire to know more about incontinence and what it involves, but I think there's a lot more to it, as general knowledge can be easily found on the web. So if you're up for it, I think it would be good to hear your personal perspectives. If you do not care to share all is still good!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LordDuque, hbic60, blaincorrous and 1 other person
I generally start with what's new which usually leads me here or Adult Diapers. Sometimes it veers into Sissy/Girls and some of the other forums.

As far as posting or replying I've slowed down quite a bit. Not really sure I have anything more valuable to add that hasn't already been said before so I just tend to keep quiet.

Reactions: Edgewater
EcoIncon said:
I have to wonder though if there isn't another angle or two. I've noted people that are a bit older that have just gotten into ABDL scene. I have to wonder if there aren't things that can imprint on you later in life
I check all the forums except the sexuality forum. Having worn diapers off and on my entire life for my comfort/security and my severe urge IC, I have a hard time wrapping my head around why adults, who are not in any way IC, decide they want to wear diapers.

Maybe they repressed that desire in their early childhood? Maybe they were introduced to diapers and find wearing and regressing as a tool to destress? Maybe they’re looking to try the next sub/dom kink? Lots of possibilities. I also have a hard time understanding sissies and furries, but I find it interesting to read the posts and try not to be judgmental.

What I find really distasteful are the people who post on this site simply to get themselves off sexually, including in the incontinence forum. That behavior seems to have increased over time.

Last edited:
Eclectic said:
What I find really distasteful are the people who post on this site simply to get themselves off sexually, including in the incontinence forum. That behavior seems to have increased over time.
That's when you click Report and simply state: Not appropriate for the Incontinence Forum. Admin removes the distasteful post fairly quickly.

• Love
Reactions: MajesticHamster, dogboy, Edgewater and 1 other person
I have been experiencing OAB problems lately, so in general I read more posts here in the IC section, but sometimes I read and reply also in the Adult diapers and Adult Baby section.

I will hit all the sections on the forum. I like to see what everyones talking about and experiences. A lot of interesting stories too.... I will generally chime in on many of the sections on the forum.

Reactions: MajesticHamster and Edgewater
I go off the "what's new" page when I read here, and don't pay all that much attention to which forum a post is in.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, chamberpot and jamiejamie
I enjoy the forum games that appear in Off Topic every now and then. I check both Stories and Adult Baby for help with little space since when I bought a Gameboy Advance SP my dad called me a relic! :rolleyes: :cautious:

When I need advice or support about my bedwetting or what products I should try, I view threads in Incontinence and Adult Diapers. Sometimes I can find news about rising prices, new diapers, or yet another company going out of business.

Reactions: charliee and Edgewater
I find adisc has very interesting forums with a lot of nice members, and i’m Always curious.

Reactions: chamberpot, Edgewater and MajesticHamster
I Usually start at the new posts , Doesn’t matter which Forum . I just Amazed at all the Diversity on .adisc, and we all (for the most part) get along great, can’t say that for most of Society.I don’t understand some of what I see here but it’s all good. I’m learning stuff all the time! I’m trying to figure out what cis means, yes I’ve looked it up but it doesn’t help much I’ve seen people gay and straight Describe themselves as cis if someone asked me if I’m cis Couldn’t tell you. Sex and gender have gotten so Complicated over time.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and richieboy
CheshireCat said:
That's when you click Report and simply state: Not appropriate for the Incontinence Forum. Admin removes the distasteful post fairly quickly.
Absolutely. I'm glad we have awesome mods like Moo! 🐄🚨

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot, hbic60, Edgewater and 1 other person
greatlake5 said:
Primarily I look and post here on the IC forum. But I do look at the other forums too. The adult diaper forum brings more information. As for the adult baby forum, I just like looking at them. Some cute, some amusing. The sexuality forum is simply funny and weird. And interesting. Off-topic brings all of us together.

Do you look or post at the other forums?
Of course I do. Because I want to...
Dependonme

I generally look at the “whats new” and “unanswered threads” to maybe put my two cents into perspective on a topic. The incontinence thread is interesting to understand a different perspective. I do my best to respect everyones opinions and consider their circumstances.
I occasionally see some different kinds of posts that make me curious to what’s going on in the sexuality forum. It’s very rare I respond to any of it unless it’s lighthearted.

Reactions: dogboy and Edgewater
Back