Wholesome, Happy, and Fun Moments

newt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Struggling with incontinence is hard. It can come with a lot of nerves, stress, and anxiety. I know we all have stories and situations that we don’t want to remember.

But what about situations involving our incontinence that were the opposite? Situations that made us feel BETTER about our problems. Things that happened that made you realize you could get through this, that you have more support than you thought, or just laugh about it in genuine happiness, not embarrassment. It could be about opening up and finding acceptance, a potentially embarrassing situation that became a positive turning point. Anything.

I shared a story today on another thread which I’ll quote shortly. But it wasn’t until I did that and thought about it that I realized just how much of a positive impact it had on me and my relationship. I thought my situation would only cause embarrassment. But it turned out to be the opposite. I’m sure we all have some. And reflecting on them can only help us!

Here is mine so you don’t have to go back looking:

I have only "tried" ABDL diapers once. I put tried in quotes because I was dumb enough to let my stock of megamax run out and wouldnt get the new case for a few days. So I went on amazon and looked for whatever would come overnight.

The only ones that worked were ones with printed dinosaurs. As my fiance knows, Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies and my favorite book (Michael Crichton is my absolute favorite author). She had a BLAST teasing me about them. Not mean teasing or anything, just playful. Normally, whenever I need to change she is completely uninvolved, but for those 2 days she LOVED going to choose which dinosaur I put on next. Its probably the most we've laughed together about my incontinence.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, AshtonFreecss, Edgewater and 1 other person
As for the embarrassment, it was on my wife.
I had been IC for a few years already when my wife came home from an out-of-town workout session.
She was despaired about what had happened to her when her group was doing squats.
Yeah, yeah, wet pants and filled shoes and leaving early. Probably her most embarrassing moment in her life.
She knew now that she had to wear diapers too, when doing something physical.
I could see on her face that she finally understood me. She had been supportive earlier, but now we were at the same level.
That made me feel better and I could support her the same way.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, newt and Edgewater
I have been very open regarding my U-IC across my friends, associates, clients, and of course family over the last 45 years. Yes, there has been any number of humor filled moments. But, what really shines in my mind is the number of pull-asides discussions regarding their family, friends or their own needs. From those with extensive disabilities to a minor change in an individuals normal bathroom habits. What breaks my heart is the true loneliness that they feel. It is heartwarming to see that change in their expression as if a huge weight has been lifted from their shoulders, by just having someone to talk to is a huge first step!

Although IC is the smallest of the base three groups on ADISC. We are in the position to provide the greatest help for those faced with the challenge of become IC regardless of the medical source. We uniquely understand what they are experiencing and have the answers that will help. We also have experienced the ugly, the bad and the good (humor) of being IC.

It is why, I consider myself a proud member of the ADISC IC Forum! A thank you to each of you!

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, OnePiece, ElPulpo and 4 others
Once I got comfortable and used too wearing with Abbie knowing !
We have been having a blast together ever since , even though our rougher times !

Reactions: Jorelaxed, OnePiece, Edgewater and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
What breaks my heart is the true loneliness that they feel. It is heartwarming to see that change in their expression as if a huge weight has been lifted from their shoulders, by just having someone to talk to is a huge first step!
Absolutely. I think the thing that all incontinence treatment lacks is the mental aspects of it. None of my doctors EVER ask about that side. I know a urologist isn't a psychologist, but still. Surely they know and see how frazzled patients are when they come in to discuss. When I first went to discuss my problems, the assistant had to do my blood pressure 3 times because it was so elevated. They thought I must be having a heart attack! But nope, just nerves from dealing with the issue. You are a saint for being so open and helpful to those around you. The weight you must have taken off those peoples shoulders is immeasurable.

Thats why I wanted to create this thread to discuss the positive moments weve experienced. I think its helpful individually to think back and remember those experiences and reframe the anxiety/trauma in a better light. And by sharing those, anyone who is just starting out, who may feel overwhelmed, lost, and down on themselves can see how its possible to overcome the problems and that things WILL get better.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, OnePiece and Edgewater
Back