Who changes your diaper?

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How many IC members here who have someone who changes your diapers? Do you have a disability? Or do you just have a husband or wife? Perhaps you have a medical support or personal care worker?

I haven't had anyone changing me since I was a child. I became very independent by the time I was 10 years old. Before that my mother, babysitters and school nurses changed me.. I completely understand that some members have different challenging disabilities. I'm glad I don't need the help. I don't have any disability except medical IC.
I've always preferred changing mine own diaper. Too embarrassing. Who changes your diaper?

Reactions: richieboy, Diprs2, Edgewater and 4 others
Well mainly me I prefer that, but there are times my wife does it when I'm unable...also had a few nurses change me in a handful of medical situations where I was unable to take care of myself. Never a fun deal but sometimes what's necessary or needed isn't what you would prefer.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I change my own diapers. I am fully capable and see no reason to interrupt my wife for a relatively simple task. I can changed myself in just a couple of minutes and get the diaper to fit exactly how I desire (lots of experience), I am sure if I were temporarily or permanently unable to change myself, my wife would assist.

Many years ago ( before I was married and incontinent) I did enjoy diaper play time with a girlfriend. Not all changes were sexual, but they were always intimate. I admit that was enjoyable.

Now that I wear diapers all the time, I do it myself. I just need to get it done and back to living life.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and LordDuque
When I was bed wetter I early became independent on changes, more or less about 8 years old. After the accident there’s been man times changed in hospitals and home but being unable to do it myself. And with girlfriends there was times I’ve been changed by them too but just in an intimate- trusting the other mood. As others one thing is volunteering but anybody wants to be changed due to be uncapable oneself.
Oh I forgot saying that I stopped bedwetting at 14 and had an accident with spinal injury being 24 years old. Now I’m 42

Last edited:
Me my self and I , I wouldn’t ask my mum to do it as she has changed enough of my wet and poopy nappies when I was young and they were all terry cloth ones

Reactions: HumanFly, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I do most of the time but every so often Abbie does and will assist me ....

Last edited:
Not disabled, married and no - I do my own changes. There's no need for me to add to my wife's burdens.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and smnapp
I change my own. But I'll admit after having to change a wet diaper feels like 10 times before noon . Sometimes I wish I had someone to do it

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Raven801 and 1 other person
i change myself and honestly i wouldn't be comfortable having someone else change me, partly because it already is embarassing enough having to change my own diapers but to have someone else change me would be downright humiliating

Last edited:
I change my own unless I am super sick or unable do to surgery. My wife Normally will help then but she really sucks at it to be honest. LOL I have had help a few times in the hospital but over all prefer to do it myself. But if my GP has me down and I go number 2 that's about the only time I ask for help from the wife except after surgery.

really I usually take care of myself when I was when I was in elementary school the school nurse did it but my mother did up until I was 7. my boyfriend died a few times or hospital staff

Reactions: Diprs2
I change my own nappies. I have since I was a teenager when I was put back in them for my nightly bedwetting. When my bedwetting came back in my late 40s and my wife suggested nappies at night there was never any thought of her changing me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and NorthwestDiaperDude
I change my own diapers, and prefer that. Hubs has graciously offered many times, has done it a few times for me, but in the end, I prefer to change my diaper. I know how to do it, I'm fast, and know how I like my diaper to fit, and how and where to put the tapes! He watches all he wants, lol, but my diaper, my change!

It’s just me and the dog, and she’s not having any part of it, so that leaves me.

Twinmom said:
I change my own. But I'll admit after having to change a wet diaper feels like 10 times before noon . Sometimes I wish I had someone to do it
In my nursing home, an Aide comes around early in the morning to change my diapers and the bed linens if I have wet in my sleep. I wet my diapers the rest of the day, changing one of the diapers if necessary.

Whoever is in the house at that time of day

With the exception of the first couple of weeks after the car crash and when coming home from hospital, my dear wife changed me. After that, only if I was really sick or home from another surgery, she would change me. Other than those few times, I have changed my own diapers. And yes, I 'think' I do a much better job of changing them, but my sweet wife would disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Sometimes my GF will change me, and sometimes i will change her. If my GF has had a messy accident and were out, sometimes i will help her clean up so she doesn't smell afterwards.

As a rule I always change my own. My wife has helped a few times in the past. The only other time I have not has been when I have been in hospital for spinal operations and the nurses have had to do it and/or help me especially as out take time for me to get the feeling back in my legs after surgery.

I change my own but I would love a caring and compassionate person to do it for me.

Back