White Rectangle at the front of Goodnites L - What is it?

Sam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
This is an exclusive "feature" for size L, AFAIK other sizes don't have this.

- it looks like a wetness indicator, but it is not.
- My second guess is rather ridiculous: when kids go to slumber parties and there are more than one bed wetters, write the names of the respective kid in the blank, so that the goodnites don’t get mixed up. Apparently this is cannot be the correct explanation😆.

So any theory of why these blanks are there?

First picture shows a comparison between size S/M (left) and size L (right)
Second picture shows that the boys‘ also has the blank On size L only.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cottontail
lol

Most likely it's used for alignment on the machine that make them, so some sensor sees it as in goes past and make sure the other parts at attached in the proper location. you wouldn't want the print of the waist band going through the middle.

tommytemper said:
Most likely it's used for alignment on the machine that make them, so some sensor sees it as in goes past and make sure the other parts at attached in the proper location. you wouldn't want the print of the waist band going through the middle.
This sounds reasonable, however it doesn't explain why other sizes (XS, S/M, XL) do not have such pattern.

I don't know, the XL has a spot that skips a stripe on the striped one and the camo one has a bigger patch of white there. I have never had Smalls or X-Small so I don't know about them.

IMG_4584 (2).JPG

tommytemper said:
you are probably right, I found this thread that explains it.

Sam said:
I found this thread that explains it.

I looked at the other thread, saw the part about the black (UV) light, I own a black light.

IMG_4586 B.JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, Goodnites11, Jamas and 2 others
When I see them under the UV light, I think of a quality check, or something like that.
For registration for the production line in the factory.

Just got a pack of new Goodnites XL and it’s even more pronounced

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
  • Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and ryanbailey
It’s too low down to be a wetness detector.

goodnitesboy24 said:
It’s too low down to be a wetness detector.
I don't think it was meant to be a wetness detector anyway.

tommytemper said:
This is what I've heard in the past too

bedwetterdavid said:
Just got a pack of new Goodnites XL and it’s even more pronounced
Very cool!! I haven’t seen these yet! Any noticeable differences from the last version other than the print??

ryanbailey said:
Very cool!! I haven’t seen these yet! Any noticeable differences from the last version other than the print??
I didn’t notice any differences. They fit and feel the same when wet or dry.

Reactions: ryanbailey
bedwetterdavid said:
I didn’t notice any differences. They fit and feel the same when wet or dry.
Cool! I want to get some- Do you know what stores have the new ones? Is there a particular production date I should look for?

ryanbailey said:
Cool! I want to get some- Do you know what stores have the new ones? Is there a particular production date I should look for?
No, I don’t know, but I bought these in Walmart. The package will show the new designs on the back.

Reactions: ryanbailey
Back