Which diaper brands/models are an absolute must-try for a newbie?

NudistMD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a very recent DL but a very enthusiastic one. My first full-size diaper (first diaper in fact) was a Trest, and I like it a lot. I have ordered more, and based on many positive comments also have a pack of MegaMax on the way. What others do you think I should try before settling down on a favorite? I have also tried some generic pull-ups from Walgreens, but was pretty unimpressed. Way too easy to overflow.

There are a few basic categories that you can choose from.

1. Material: Cloth/cotton feel or plastic/PVC
2. Single Tapes or double tapes
3. Landing zone (with or without).
4. Thickness / capacity
5. Print: Colorful childish or medical

Do you have preferences here? Or do you want to try a bit of everything to get an overview (which is what most of us end up doing anyway 😄)?

Last edited:
Reactions: PiporApomme, Wolfman69, NudistMD and 1 other person
mantilla said:
There are a few basic categories that you can choose from.

1. Material: Cloth/cotton feel or plastic/PVC
2. Single Tapes or double tapes
3. Landing zone (with or without).
4. Thickness / capacity
5. Print: Colorful childish or medical

Do you have preferences here? Or do you want to try a bit of everything to get an overview (which is what most of us end up doing anyway 😄)?
Material: I’ll try both. Tapes: what are the advantages/disadvantages of single versus double taping? Landing zone: don’t know what that is. Thickness: so far I like thicker better but haven’t tried any medium thickness ones yet. Print: leaning toward childish or pink

Reactions: PiporApomme
NudistMD said:
Material: I’ll try both. Tapes: what are the advantages/disadvantages of single versus double taping? Landing zone: don’t know what that is. Thickness: so far I like thicker better but haven’t tried any medium thickness ones yet. Print: leaning toward childish or pink
Abu’s Peekabu’s have a classic childish design (mostly white w/graphic on the front) and are very similar to megamax in terms of thickness. There my favorite because I like the slicker plastic over the Megamax’s. That’s generally the difference between most medical and abdl diapers. If you don’t like the Peekabu design you can get the SimpleUltra. Same diaper w/o the design.

Reactions: PiporApomme, Wolfman69 and NudistMD
wap436 said:
Abu’s Peekabu’s have a classic childish design (mostly white w/graphic on the front) and are very similar to megamax in terms of thickness. There my favorite because I like the slicker plastic over the Megamax’s. That’s generally the difference between most medical and abdl diapers. If you don’t like the Peekabu design you can get the SimpleUltra. Same diaper w/o the design.
*They’re

Even putting my own bias aside, I personally would say the Megamax Airlocks (lite or regular) are versatile enough to be really good "entry-level" diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfman69
NudistMD said:
You should try the ABU bunnyhops they have both a single and double tape design so you can see which one you like better they are also pink and babyish, in terms of thickness you can definitely tell your wearing a diaper

Reactions: Wolfman69 and NudistMD
Abu have a good selection of medium capacity diapers. Preschool are a favorite of mine to wear after work, as they are decently cheap with a low capacity so I don't feel like I'm wasting a diaper. The cloth like diapers from Abu are also really good (if you can get them when in stock), they have a higher capacity but will slowly wick out moisture from the diaper onto what ever you are wearing overtop (your pants will feel damp after a couple wettings). If you want something with all the capacity my go to are megamax by Northshore, NRU Str8up or any of the mega diapers from rearz

NudistMD said:
Tapes: what are the advantages/disadvantages of single versus double taping?
Single looks and feels more babyish (only available with AB diapers), double usually are easier to get leak-free (all medical diapers).

NudistMD said:
Landing zone: don’t know what that is.
A panel between your belly button and your privates where you put the tapes. Most have it (like Trest and Megamax), others have the same material throughout the shell (e.g. Crinklz/BetterDry).
Landing zones make it easier to relocate your tapes, if you are inexperienced, or to reopen and reclose your diaper. Personally, I prefer diapers without landing zones because for me the undisrupted feeling of the smooth plastic is more important, but I'm in the minority.

That's all from me - I have no suggestions since my preferences are somewhat different.

Reactions: NudistMD
idkwhattoputherelol said:
You should try the ABU bunnyhops they have both a single and double tape design so you can see which one you like better they are also pink and babyish, in terms of thickness you can definitely tell your wearing a diaper
I just ordered a sample pack to try-makes me feel naughty just looking at them! Can't wait to see how I feel when my lover sees me in them...

NudistMD said:
Tape is mainly a matter of taste. Those who prefer single tapes usually do so, because the diapers look more like baby diapers.

There are only a handful of single tapes available: The vendor AB Universe has a couple. Very prominent is the "ABU SDK" - my personal favorite. It resembles 90ies vintage diapers (plastic). ABU also has cloth backed single tapes.

Other notable single tape diapers that I know are "Kiddo Junior" (similar to ABU SDK) and "Rearz Select" (plain white)

Landing zone is a second thicker (and stiffer) layer of plastic in the area the tapes are sticked to. Pro of landing zone layer: You can readjust the tapes without tearing the diaper apart. Also some children's diapers had them and some people just want them because they resemble their childhood diapers. Cons of second layer landing zone: Stiffness of plastic (can be bit more uncomfortable). Also it is more crinkling and therefore less discreet (can be pro and con)

Only printed (ABDL) diaper without landing zone I can think of is the "Crinklz" (thick diaper, plastic, decent capacity).

Without print and without landing zone there would be the Betterdry (same diaper, as Crinklz without print). Also liked by many is the "Tena Slip Active fit Ultima" - one of the remaining medical diapers with plastic foil (most vendors have moved to cotton feel, there's so many options that I won't list them).

And then there are many ABDL diaper vendors with lots of options (usually printed, with landing zone, double tape and thick/high capacity): E.g. Rearz, Little for big, Tykables, Bambino. I guess you have to dig through the offerings a bit 😊

PS: List is certainly incomplete and also biased by my personal preferences (e.g. I prefer PVC/plastic backed, so I can't tell a lot about cloth backed options). Sorry if some things I wrote are redundant to what others already wrote. I apparently was too slow at typing 😄

Last edited:
Personally my favourite is Rearz Safari. They're thick when dry and swell a ton when wet. They're plastic backed with two tapes on each side and a landing zone. These diapers are very comfy and work well. If you want pink the Rearz Princess Pink is similar to the Safari and has a cute design.

Reactions: AndyPandy and NudistMD
Sounds like you’re off to a great start since you’ve already tried Trest Elites and have MegaMaxes on the way! Those two happened to be my first diapers I tried too!!! 10/10 would recommend haha! If you’re into the prints, maybe you’ll like ABUniverse diapers! I tried their PeekABUs and love them!! I’m thinking about ordering more in a few days if they’re still in stock! Also, LittleForBig has a nice selection of girly prints, my favorite is the Baby Usagi! For everyday use, Crinklz/BetterDry are really nice too!!

PoofyDiapeeBunny said:
Sounds like you’re off to a great start since you’ve already tried Trest Elites and have MegaMaxes on the way! Those two happened to be my first diapers I tried too!!! 10/10 would recommend haha! If you’re into the prints, maybe you’ll like ABUniverse diapers! I tried their PeekABUs and love them!! I’m thinking about ordering more in a few days if they’re still in stock! Also, LittleForBig has a nice selection of girly prints, my favorite is the Baby Usagi! For everyday use, Crinklz/BetterDry are really nice too!!
I have a couple of samples from ABUniverse ordered! It's kind of funny-I really don't find the AB world particularly appealing, but the idea of printed pink girly diapers gets me really excited...

Try one or two of the "biggest, best" from each main abdl diaper company, like rearz, abuniverse, littleforbig (controversial company but I found theirs the most comfortable), tykables, and I guess bambino and crinklz. I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting but these are a good start. Also try a few alternate kinds, like cloth backed or lower capacity, or goodnites/similar if you can fit.

Ereid2k19 said:
Try one or two of the "biggest, best" from each main abdl diaper company, like rearz, abuniverse, littleforbig (controversial company but I found theirs the most comfortable), tykables, and I guess bambino and crinklz. I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting but these are a good start. Also try a few alternate kinds, like cloth backed or lower capacity, or goodnites/similar if you can fit.
Why is littleforbig controversial?

NudistMD said:
Why is littleforbig controversial?
Try searching forums for "littleforbig controversy" or asking people's personal opinions for more info. I don't remember exactly what but there was controversy with something about them refusing trans models, and leaked message from the owner to someone using offensive language or something. Maybe body shaming? Someone else here will definitely recall better than I.

There is a lot of good advice in the previous posts, and I hope that what I add may be of some use.

It will take you a while to find the best tab placement. Don't get discouraged, proper tab placement can take time to get used to. There are three major different varieties of tabs, from most forgiving to least forgiving:

1) hook and loop (AKA the trademarked brand name VELCRO). They can be repositioned a number of times until you get it right. This is what the ABU Bunny Hopps uses;

2) adhesive tabs with a landing zone. The tabs can be repositioned a time or two if they are initially on the landing zone and you can pull them off to reposition. You have already encountered them on your Trest diapers and they are also on NorthShore MegaMax;

3) adhesive tabs without a landing zone. These require proper placement the first time. Diapers which have these kind of tab include the Crinklz/BetterDry and plastic backed Abena.

If you suffer a tape not sticking or getting pulled off, you might have to resort to duct tape, so it's not a bad idea to have some (and scissors) handy.

For me Betterdry or the Printed version Crinklz Aquanauts work best for me they are my go to diapers to manage my IC issues

Reactions: mantilla
You've mentioned a couple of times you find pink appealing. Search for these:

- Rearz Princess Pink Mega
- Rearz Lil Bella
- Crinklz Fairy tales
- Kiddo Junior Plus Pink
- Littleforbig Baby Cuties
- Littleforbig Little Fantasy
- Tykables Cammies Pink
- Tykables Unicorn
- Northshore Megamax Pink
- NRU STR8UP Pink