When you still wore nappies to bed- what would you do if you woke up dry?

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When you still wore nappies to bed, can you remember what you would do if you woke up dry in the night because you needed a wee?

Did you take your nappy off to use the toilet A and then put it back on, or did you wee in it on purpose and then go back to sleep?

What did you do if you woke up dry in the morning? Was it a matter of pride that you had stayed dry? Did you show your parents or did you do your morning wee in it?

I stopped wearing at night shortly before turning 4, and I have fond and distinct memories of taking off nappies in the morning that we’re absolutely soaked, but no memories of using them on purpose (before the DL thing hit and I started “borrowing” them aged 4, that is!)

I also have a couple of relatively nondescript memories of taking off a dry nappy in the morning, which might have been right at the end, but with no fanfare or sense of pride or anything like that.

By contrast, my partner who wore at night until she was 5 remembers that if she woke in the night needing a wee she would often use her nappy out of sheer laziness and then go back to sleep.

I wish I could remember any of this! Seems such a "waste" to take off and throw away a dry nappy to me, but no doubt that's what parents are wanting and are a very happy to do! I have no memories really of potty training, and wouldn't like to ask my parents about this. Would love to know though.

If I woke up dry in the middle of the night I would always wet my nappy. In the morning it would depend. If one of my parents was waking me up then I didn't get the chance. If I woke up on my own accord I would usually wet the nappy.

I only remember waking up dry once while wearing a diaper. I remember being so proud and show mom. She tried to take off the dry diaper but ended up ripping it (I don't think it had a landing zone for tapes). I remember us both being disappointed because it was wasted. Pretty sure that was one of my last bags of diapers too :(

It depends. If I wake up the middle of the night and I'm really out of it, I'll dose off and end up wetting my diaper. I can wake up I'll get up and take a leak, I use Goodnites (heavy nights) and Pampers/Luvs in convertups (normal nights) so slipping my self out isn't a giant issue. Even as a kid with the original all white Goodnites, if I woke up dry I would keep it for the next night, and until I had used it (normally no more than 3 nights before I'd fill it up) and that's a practice I continue today. Tossing away a dry or even semi wet diaper seems like such a waste, I'd rather hold on and see that it has been put to use to its full potential

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
The earliest memories I have are beyond my potty training age.

When I started to wet the bed around 9 (until about 12), I don't remember ever waking up, needing to pee and peeing into my diaper.

However, I did start to occasionally wear the diapers during the day and then would use them as intended.

Often remember going down for my nap and waking up dry
Still got a fresh nappy on. Parents love doing that

For me i was a bedwetter till 16 and when i wore for bedwetting back then i would take off my diaper and use the toilet then put it back on , nowadays sometimes i would just wet it .

when i was a kid i did show my mom my diaper if i was dry but as i grew up i stopped doing that , it would be embarrassing if i did that at 16 lol.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
I wet the bed almost every night until I was about 11 and didn't completely stop until I was 13 and I remember my parents being so proud of me when I had my first dry night at the age of 9.

There were occasions when I woke up dry but was too lazy to go to toilet do decided to pee in my nappy instead but dry nights were so rare that this was never really a problem.

I I woke up i just wet the bed and fell back asleep.

I was a regular bedwetter up until almost 17 years old and my parents were very annoyed about it. After wetting enough underwear and sheets when I was young, my parents made diapers and plastic panties a regular requirement for me. Unfortunately, with the cost of them, my parents were not quite as excited as I was for the rare occasion I had a dry diaper in the morning. I would hope those odd instances of waking up dry would give me the chance to wear normal briefs to bed the next night. But no such luck. My parents didn't want my diapers being wasted. So my dry diaper would be saved and waiting for me on my bed to be re-used the following night instead.

Not that it happened very often, but if I woke up for some reason, I can remember trying so hard to make it to the bathroom in time and slide down my pull-up. But sometimes, since I knew dry diapers were not something that was celebrated and that I would be made to wear the diaper until it was wet anyway, I would just go in my diaper and not get out of bed. Again, from what I remember, this did not happen very often. I usually just woke up with a wet diaper in the morning.

And I agree with sgdlboy that showing my dry diaper to my parents when I was 16 years old would have been super humiliating!

Back