When you go to a grocery store, do you 'inconspicuously' sneak a peak at the baby section?

AJFan2020 said:
Usually the adult products seem to be located on the aisles with the women’s products, the men’s products, or (for some reason) on or near the toothpaste aisle.

I often notice the “Toothpaste and Incontinence” aisle in Giant Eagle and CVS locations.

The baby and toddler products are always in their own separate aisle or section. I sometimes go down this aisle out of necessity because this is the area that sells the baby shampoo (I use this mostly for dandruff in my eyebrows and eyelashes) and for rash creams (that many stores don’t sell on the incontinence aisle). I usually buy either Boudreaux’s Butt Paste or Desitin when I do need to buy rash cream. With the amount of time that has gone by since the effects of passing a kidney stone last May I haven’t been wearing as much so I haven’t been down that aisle quite as often lately.
Tea and pop cause kidney stones.
Not drinking enough dose that too.
Carbonated drinks leach out calcium out of your bones.

Reactions: AJFan2020
AllSnuggledUp said:
Absolutely. Almost every single time I am in a store of any kind. Especially when I am driving through a small town and I have stopped at a convenience store that has clearly been there for quite some time... Usually In the pursuit of any vintage/plastic backed diapers I can get my hands on.
Have you found any this way?

I do this like, almost all of the time
Usually I'll look at my phone and pretend to be messaging someone and try to look "frustrated" as if I'm waiting on them to respond for me to get what they want
Surprisingly this works and it'll even (rarely) strike a convo about incontinent family members, but other times it just gets the odd looks off or stops people from even caring :)

Haha.....I do something similar in that once I've finished my grocery shopping, I walk down the baby/diaper aisle and stand there and check my grocery list to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

When my wife was alive, we'd go down the baby diaper aisle together (at my request) and she would call me "her little mover" after the Huggies commercials. She was such a wonderful and understanding person.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeDisneyBaby, southeastlittle and foxkits
YES! I got those Gerber baby puffs recently because they're my favorite little space snack!!!

Yes I definitely go down the aisles now that I'm not in my hometown anymore. Occasionally I'll restock my powder and baby wipes if I'm low. My partner went on his own volition when he was shopping by himself and surprised me with a Bluey sippy cup!! It was a super kind gesture and I love my new sippy

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
That was how I found out size 8 Swaddlers were now on the market...saw a pallet of pampers in the middle of the aisle and saw a few boxes of the size I need!

I buy baby wipes for cleaning myself after wearing at the grocery store so the baby section is also a somewhat regular stop for me.

PurpleScorpion said:
Do you make up a reason to go there-if other toiletries or paper products are there, you grab some toilet paper or paper towels? Do you literally just stand and stare at it, or do you only glance while walking past it?
Totally depends. I’ll stop and stare if I got the spending money. I find some of the assumptions people make about me at shops I frequent very funny. I went all the time to this thrift store and I’d only really go to the toy section and buy from there. Employees and other regular customers were always so kind to me, and customers would try to help me out by telling me other local spots to get good deals on that sort of stuff. Found out later on it’s because they all assumed I was some young struggling single parent hahahaha

I go there all the time. I buy my bottles, sippy cups and wipes and no one has said a word lol. tho I was mortified once when I saw my high school bully was a cashier when I was buying a sippy cup at a Walmart I haven't been to before and I think about that from time to time...

Demonbabywearspamps said:
I go there all the time. I buy my bottles, sippy cups and wipes and no one has said a word lol. tho I was mortified once when I saw my high school bully was a cashier when I was buying a sippy cup at a Walmart I haven't been to before and I think about that from time to time...
Don’t be, he doesn’t know anything about your life. Probably thought you have a kid now or a cousin or something

Yes I like to go and look at the baby section when I'm shopping in the supermarket. I like to look at the nappies, wondering if any of them would actually fit me. I only do it providing I'm on my own of course!

Demonbabywearspamps said:
I'd have checked out in their lane and paid for it with a $100 smiling the whole time. Maybe even casually open carrying too. I'm a vengeful asshole like that. I despise bullies and maliciousness and I will remember it for eons.

Last edited:
ben0510 said:
Yes I like to go and look at the baby section when I'm shopping in the supermarket. I like to look at the nappies, wondering if any of them would actually fit me. I only do it providing I'm on my own of course!
You won't know until you buy a box and try one on!!

I have done so a few times. dry nites pull ups in size up to 15 I can just about get on.

PurpleScorpion said:
Do you make up a reason to go there-if other toiletries or paper products are there, you grab some toilet paper or paper towels? Do you literally just stand and stare at it, or do you only glance while walking past it?
I simply stand there looking at the products. I will pick up stuff and examine it/them. Nobody knows why I am looking. They have no idea if I am shopping for my self, my kids, my grandkids, or a neighbor. Think about it... Do you examine other people in that aisle and question why they are shopping in those products? Not hardly. And, Nobody is analyzing you either. They don't care!
Relax. Enjoy the shopping!
Dependonme

It’s certainly not as much fun as it used to be in he old days of pampers, huggies, and luvs….but yes, I always go down that aisle when I can!

Reactions: mbta12 and AJFan2020
KCA said:
Yes, I always go down the baby aisle and look at the packets and boxes of nappies as I go past and wish that I was still little enough to need them. I don't use any excuses to go down that aisle, I just do it.

View attachment 126542
I could tell you from Aussie right? from the sleepynight, drynites, and baby nappies section

PurpleScorpion said:
I always did, by searching something near the baby aisle like a lotion or band aid to avoid suspicious.

I always check out the baby aisle when I can. No shame here! I tend to go there for wipes, powder and sippy cups whenever I can or need items. Currently Walmarts lavender baby powder is my favorite ive tried so far!

Reactions: BBBen and dbot99
Back