When you go to a grocery store, do you 'inconspicuously' sneak a peak at the baby section?

BwBunny said:
But I also get that I'm the most oddball amongst all of us
That may be true for reasons you haven't disclosed, but you've mentioned diapers/nappies and an attachment to them, so in context you're probably less of an oddball than you fear. Or... hope. :)

BwBunny said:
But better late, than never, right?.
Indeed! At the risk of drifting OT, I found out about other ABDLs when I was in college, and it took me another 20 years to get up the courage to interact with any of them. I was so shy about it. Getting past that has been really healthy though. I know you're not here for exactly the same reasons, but there aren't a lot of places were you can be at ease talking about bedwetting and diapers. It's still a fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BwBunny and dbot99
For me it’s like walking through a flower garden, I love the different scents and the memories of a younger time.
And yes I wish that everything still fit.

I do sometimes I want to look at and buy some baby rattles, pacifiers that I could modify to have a bigger teat, yummy stuff like banana and applesauce based baby food, baby wipes, and lavender scented baby powder.
I see adorable Rainbow Dash hoodies in the toddler section of clothes and it makes me cry because I could never find it in my size.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
That may be true for reasons you haven't disclosed, but you've mentioned diapers/nappies and an attachment to them, so in context you're probably less of an oddball than you fear. Or... hope. :)

Indeed! At the risk of drifting OT, I found out about other ABDLs when I was in college, and it took me another 20 years to get up the courage to interact with any of them. I was so shy about it. Getting past that has been really healthy though. I know you're not here for exactly the same reasons, but there aren't a lot of places were you can be at ease talking about bedwetting and diapers. It's still a fit.
Dear @Cottontail
I understand that my terminology isn't always working for the best, I need to do somethin about that. But what I mend is that I might not be fixated so much on the protection, but still enough for it to affect me in a way I can't fully describe.
I can a admit that mom still put me in nappies when I was about 10. She then taught me to do it myself. After that my nappies just became "protection", and I still use that word to describe them. So when I sometime refer to myself as "damaged goods", there you have one reason. I am also usually very shy, no one knows about my bedwetting except my dad, my GP my urologist and my gynecologist, and now all members of the adisc forum. But strangely enough I don't experience my natural shyness in here.

Assuming OT is off topic (still learning here, one baby step at a time)
I have my own story, as everyone else do, but I bet my differs a lot from most in here. For starters I am a bedwetter, as in primary enuresis. I don't consider myself anything else than that, so I really miss having that as a tag.
Some enlightened people have told me that Bedwetting is equivalent to Incontinence.
I get that both make you wet yourself in an uncontrollable way, but there is a difference.
Bedwetting is happening when you are sleeping, you are literary unconscious about your whereabouts.
I am practically dead when I sleep and when the time has come I wake up in the morning (my alarm clock often have to working overtime, heavy sleeper and heavy wetter, well that's me.)

If someone is telling me that I'm incontinent, I take it as they are telling me that I didn't potty train, since that's my unconscious interpretation of the word "incontinent".
I hate that word, I take it as a slap in the face, no offence to all of you that actually are struggling with daytime incontinence.
I consider myself potty trained, some of you might say, yes, but only during the day. Well, yes, but what the word "bedwetter" is for.
I unconsciously empty my full bladder during the night, I flood, I don't squirt when I sneeze or cough. I am continent during the day. LoL, except for my period that is.

Sorry everyone, it wasn't my intention to hijack this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
dogboy said:
Wouldn't it be fun to reply, "Something that fits!"
I’m a ocasional bedwetter not everyday, it’s stress related but yes I do wet my diaper without knowing

BwBunny said:
Some enlightened people have told me that Bedwetting is equivalent to Incontinence.
(snip)
If someone is telling me that I'm incontinent, I take it as they are telling me that I didn't potty train, since that's my unconscious interpretation of the word "incontinent".
I hate that word, I take it as a slap in the face, no offence to all of you that actually are struggling with daytime incontinence.
I can totally understand that. I do think that when somebody refers to themselves as incontinent, it's reasonable to assume that they're talking about more than bedwetting. At the same time, I know there are people here who assume the "Incontinent" label for no more than bedwetting, and I guess there's nothing technically wrong with that. Perhaps it would make sense to have a "Bedwetter" label for those who see "Incontinent" as an overstatement. I feel a bit torn when it comes to stuff like that, because I can understand the desire to precisely describe oneself, and yet I also think that chunky-but-inaccurate labels do a better job of uniting us. 🤷 Tough call! In any case, I think an abstract need or desire for "protection" makes you right at home here, and feeling your shyness fall away is proof. (And I'm glad for that.)

Reactions: BwBunny
Cottontail said:
I can totally understand that. I do think that when somebody refers to themselves as incontinent, it's reasonable to assume that they're talking about more than bedwetting. At the same time, I know there are people here who assume the "Incontinent" label for no more than bedwetting, and I guess there's nothing technically wrong with that. Perhaps it would make sense to have a "Bedwetter" label for those who see "Incontinent" as an overstatement. I feel a bit torn when it comes to stuff like that, because I can understand the desire to precisely describe oneself, and yet I also think that chunky-but-inaccurate labels do a better job of uniting us. 🤷 Tough call! In any case, I think an abstract need or desire for "protection" makes you right at home here, and feeling your shyness fall away is proof. (And I'm glad for that.)
Thanks for your kind words @Cottontail,
At least I know that at least one person gets me and my point of view.

I do feel a bit like home here, but still, and that might because of the mix of everything here at adisc, I strongly feel the need to distance myself from what I don't want to be associated with, for example being incontinent. Don't get me wrong, I utterly respect those who are.

How Incontinent people think about me, as a bedwetter, is another question. I actually don't know their perspective in this at all.
I just know, that I feel out most offended when someone slaps the incontinence label in my face and tells me that it is the same as bedwetting. To me, it will never be the same thing.

Reactions: Cottontail
Back