When you do a Google search most of the images being posted from Pinterest. Help me understand copyright.

foxkits

One day at a time
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Is Pinterest take others content.
Fur affinity artist work is being posted by Pinterest.
I used to click an image and it showed the web page I could goto.
But now I'm seeing fury art being used that artist are protective of.
Can you computer guys explain how someone can do this.
Oh some images have a op website.
But most don't. Please help me understand is this a copyright infringement.

Reactions: KBoy and Cottontail
They have the right to protect there work with what's called water marks. The idea of this is prevent redistribute there work for pay. Essential it's copyright infringement. However you can take the picture you just can not transfer the picture without the permission of the owner. If your willing to have there watermark. Much like the movie and music they want compensation for there work

Last edited:
If I could, I'd send a robotic Arnold Schwarzenegger back in time to prevent Pinterest from being created. Truly I can think of no redeeming qualities that it possesses. It just pollutes the search engines. When I do Google image searches, I almost always add...
Code:
-site:pinterest.*
...to my query to make sure I don't get any Pinterest hits. It wouldn't be so bad if Pinterest required users to link or cite their sources, but they don't, and consequently most Pinterest hits are dead ends.

About furry art: In most cases the artist retains the copyright. If the art was commissioned, the person who commissioned it is usually given limited rights to it, such as the ability to repost it and crop it, provided a reasonable effort is made to credit the artist. I don't doubt that most of the furry art that makes it onto Pinterest shouldn't be there.

Last edited:
Another option is to add creative commons to your search criteria. Creative commons means that whatever it is can be used by anyone at anytime without copyright or other permission necessary. So if you can find stuff that's creative commons it's a non-issue.

Reactions: Cottontail
Cottontail said:
If I could, I'd send a robotic Arnold Schwarzenegger back in time to prevent Pinterest from being created. Truly I can think of no redeeming qualities that it possesses. It just pollutes the search engines. When I do Google image searches, I almost always add...
Code:
-site:pinterest.*
...to my query to make sure I don't get any Pinterest hits. It wouldn't be so bad if Pinterest required users to link or cite their sources, but they don't, and consequently most Pinterest hits are dead ends.

About furry art: In most cases the artist retains the copyright. If the art was commissioned, the person who commissioned it is usually given limited rights to it, such as the ability to repost it and crop it, provided a reasonable effort is made to credit the artist. I don't doubt that most of the furry art that makes it onto Pinterest shouldn't be there.
I feel the same way.
When I'm searching for adult cloth diapers and items I look through images and a lot are Pinterest and yes a dead end it's so frustrating.

Reactions: Cottontail
Back