When were you potty trained for Daytime

When we're you potty trained?

• Total voters
My mom used to work in home health care and hospice care and sometimes had to deal with kids who were special needs or kids who had serious health problems, and had to wear diapers. If the families didn't need their supplies of diapers or if the child passed away and she had to go pick up the rest of the diapers, she would bring them home and have me use them. She had permission to take them home or would buy them for me since I was a bedwetter and s late potty trainer.

I was potty trained "on time" at 2. I have worked for daycares for a couple years now and know that most will not accept un-potty trained children at 3 years old- though I run across all number of people who have kids who are 3 and arent yet fully potty trained. Usually once they get to about 4 or 5 without being potty trained, though, I usually reccomend parents see about getting their kids accomodations with the school which can often mean seeking a possible diagnosis for a developmental delay.
And even though I was potty trained at 2, I never stopped wanting to go back haha

My mom didn’t even start to potty me until I was 3. I believe I was daytime trained at that age. I did wet the bed until I was 5. I also wore diapers and pull-ups during the day and used them frequently.

Reactions: espectro
Sgdlboy said:
yep it was pampers brand , i even worn those to school in primary 1 for quite some time after i got potty trained just in case .
Must be so nice i wish i wore pampers besides huggies especially the plastic ones

Sgdlboy said:
yep it was pampers brand , i even worn those to school in primary 1 for quite some time after i got potty trained just in case .
Since i assume ur from europe you must of worn those big plastic pampers with the teddy bears on them right?

I was potty trained at 3 but i wet the bed till i was 5 and then it stopped and now being a type one diabetic when my sugars are high at night i say fuck it and went back to wearing diapers bc it’s easier to wet my diaper,give myself correction doses and get some sleep than no sleep and still being high for hours on end

This is a hard one to answer since I still had wetting accidents until I entered middle school, but with that not considered, I was 2.5 to 3 years old.

T3guuM44 said:
Since i assume ur from europe you must of worn those big plastic pampers with the teddy bears on them right?
Im from asia but yeah they have teddy bears on them from what i remember.

Reactions: T3guuM44
I was potty trained within normal limits, by age 3 and unpotty trained in my 20's!! :oops:

I think I was told I was told I was trained before my second birthday, so I used “1” as my answer.

I was a fairly late trainer and wasn’t out of diapers/pull-ups until after 4. Even then there were times I still wore pull-ups during the day, and I was a bedwetter until 12 so nighttime protection was a thing for me for much longer.

Reactions: MikeyD1981 and sinceiwassmall
I'm guessing 3 because I can actually remember getting changed.

Sgdlboy said:
Im from asia but yeah they have teddy bears on them from what i remember.
Thats cute im so jealous you get to stay in them longer i wish i refused potty training

I have pictures that show me in a new set of diapers and plastic pants at age 4. I'm pretty sure at that age I knew how to use the toilet. I also know somewhere in there I was completely dry but went back to diapers around 6 for night. 6 and on was night diapers and sometimes day. So I guess I was potty trained in the sense that I knew where it was and how to use it, but it didn't always work out that way LOL

Looks like I'm in the majority for once at Age 3! 😁

...TALKING on the other hand is a different story. I didn't start talking until I was five years old. Parents were worried I might be deaf, so they took me to a doctor, who concluded that I wasn't deaf because I did respond to noise, just not the way most kids do. Then there was a period where they thought I might've had early onset childhood schizophrenia, but they found out the voices I were hearing were real, and they were coming from an exam room several doors down the hallway. ...I had super hearing. And 20/10 vision lol. ...Which I thought was a bad thing a first because I thought 20/20 was like, the best vision ever lol. 😅

Turns out my eyesight functions closer to the level of a Bird of Prey whereas most humans' eyesight functions closer to the level of a Monkey lol. ...I can't even fit into my head what the world must look like to 99% of Earth's population; I can see into the infrared light spectrum. ...And if you think that sounds cool, it's NOT lol. It's why my nursery doesn't have any windows and I struggle to go outside on bright sunny days lol. I'm pale as a ghost lol. 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: Halibut and sinceiwassmall
I was potty trained by 4 or 5. Just before starting school. I'm told I didn't want to train before but only did when told I wouldn't be able to go to school if I didn't. I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that I was a bed wetter or not and I also frequently wet my pants until I was 11 when I'd be too busy playing or having fun to bother going to the toilet. Seems kind of possible there's some connection between the late potty training and my frequent accidents at an older age.

Last edited:
Reactions: thedlguy, AJFan2020 and sinceiwassmall
I don't remember when I was potty trained. I do remember my real dad making me wear nappies when I was 4 to 6 when he locked me in my baby brothers room. I was made to use them again. He would go to the pub during the day while I was locked in a room with my baby brother in nappies.
My mum did a midnight flee because of the abuse I was receiving. But she ran straight into the arms of my stepdad who was worse.
I was bedwetting and having night terrors from 11 up. (Had to go to bed at 6pm every night so they could have adult time until I was 13).
They humiliated me by threatening nappies again. Which one day they did infront of family members. My baby sister had just been gotten ready for bed. I was called in 5.45 pm. Told to get on my sisters changing mat to be put in nappies. I was absolutely terrified.
I wonder why I'm abdl?

I was out of regular daytime diapers before I was two. But I was a frequent pants wetter if I couldn’t get to the bathroom quickly when I needed to go. So I was often put into a cloth diaper and plastic pants for drives of more than an hour or so, to go to Sunday school, or for visits to doctor’s offices.

Last edited:
I was still wearing diapers and rubber pants when I started the first grade. I was finally day time potty trained about half way through the first grade, but still wet my bed at night so I continued to have my diapers pinned on me until my late teens when I finally stopped wetting my bed. But for the past 15 years I've been wearing diapers and rubber pants so I guess I'm basically no longer potty trained. Which is fine by me, since I love wearing diapers and rubber pants and going potty in them.

PaddedBrony said:
Technically, 4 and a half. My folks started around when I was 3, but apparently I was extremely stubborn. To think had I stayed stubborn that I might not have trained at all. Highly doubtful though.
I wish i was like that so i can be in my diapers longer

Back