WhatsApp photo leads to possible job change

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I hadn’t spoken much to an exwork mate for months and last Tuesday night he sent me a WhatsApp photo of a new flavour of cider which I didn’t see or reply to till Wednesday morning ,
Long story short he was driving and phoned me and we started talking about how the company was going and how busy the are now and I asked the question would the boss have me back as I do miss the place and only left because of the planner who left in December and he said yes
So now got to get up to see the boss face to face and go from there

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Kirisin
Best of luck to you in getting that job back if that's what you want.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Kirisin and NappiedTruckDriver
chamberpot said:
Best of luck to you in getting that job back if that's what you want.
Yep as I never really wanted to leave but the planner was driving me nuts

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Kirisin, mistykitty and 3 others
hey, good luck! that's a really interesting turn of events! i was just talking to my Uber driver yesterday about how sometimes job opportunities just walk right up to people and present themselves, life is kinda crazy like that sometimes! hope you get it!

Reactions: ianwee
Good luck.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and ianwee
I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason so there's a reason the boss wants you back and wanted the other person out. I wish you great luck in getting back in there if that's what you want.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PaddedPonyboy
When it comes up, please try to not trash the (former) planner, just be factual and professional on the disagreements that drove you out.

And have that factual and professional explanation thought out before you meet with the boss.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I drove for the same company for 21 years. Every time I threatened to leave I never did. The one thing I always came back to is Job Hunting. I really hate job hunting. Until this company sold id only drove for 3 companys in 35 years. If you have an opportunity to go back to a company you know and are happy with don't hesitate. I've often found some dispatchers are just jerks and then others are just having bad days. And then I've seen dispatchers who just can't make the cut. Good luck to you my friend. If they liked you they will take you back in a heartbeat.

Back