What’s your fav song

Children's Song: "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul, and Mary
Overall: "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin (somebody had to choose it)
Song I want at my funeral: "Turn, Turn, Turn" by the Byrds

Reactions: geka and Hoksiyopa
Reactions: dogboy
applejuice19 said:
alan jackson good time
Just an old plywood boat, 75 Johnson - electric choke ... A young boy, two hands on the wheel - I can't replace the way it made me feel ..

Reactions: Kirisin
Favorite songs by genre:
1) Classic rock: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2) Heavy metal: Chance - Savatage
3) Thrash metal: Alone in the Dark - Testament
4) R&B: tie between Toni Braxton’s “Another Sad Love Song” and Celine Dion’s “Beauty and the Beast”
5) Children’s music: love the Rockabye Baby! rock song covers.
6) Soundtracks: anything by John Williams, James Horner, and Toby Fox (Undertale soundtrack)

pacifierPaige said:
Children's Song: "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul, and Mary
Overall: "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin (somebody had to choose it)
Song I want at my funeral: "Turn, Turn, Turn" by the Byrds
Chestnut Mare ...

dogboy said:
"Under the Southern Cross" is one of my favorites. In fact, I asked my bandmates what they thought the most perfect album was and the guitarist/lead and I agreed on the first Crosby, Stills and Nash album.

As for me, I'm a professional musician so I have a hundred favorite songs. Recently I've been listening to Jackson Brown's, "The Load Out".
Still one of the greatest songs ever written along with Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven Eagles Hotel California and MJ Thriller which by the way is the greatest Video's ever done.

Last edited:
My wife says her ultimate favorite song would haft to be Little River Band Cool Change

Reactions: littlemoosey
treehopper said:
Just an old plywood boat, 75 Johnson - electric choke ... A young boy, two hands on the wheel - I can't replace the way it made me feel ..

Oh my God, that brought back memories. My first boat that was all mine was a 12' plywood boat with a 22 hp. Mercury. I was 14 and I had that same look on my face as that kid every time I opened it up.

Another all time favorite of mine is "Racing on the Street" by Bruce Springsteen. When I was in my 20s I had two cars I raced on the 1/4 mile track and yeah, on the streets of Ohio.

Reactions: treehopper, geka and Kirisin
Any old hippies here how bout cat stevens where do the Children play

geka said:
Any old hippies here how bout cat stevens where do the Children play
How about one of the rarest songs he ever did ? The bridge (of the song) is absolutely amazing, not to mention the guitar work !

Last edited:
dogboy said:
Oh my God, that brought back memories. My first boat that was all mine was a 12' plywood boat with a 22 hp. Mercury. I was 14 and I had that same look on my face as that kid every time I opened it up.

Another all time favorite of mine is "Racing on the Street" by Bruce Springsteen. When I was in my 20s I had two cars I raced on the 1/4 mile track and yeah, on the streets of Ohio.
Glad you enjoyed it ! Somehow that look says it all ...

treehopper said:
How about one of the rarest songs he ever did ? The bridge (of the song) is absolutely amazing, not to mention the guitar work !

great song enjoyed that treetopper

Reactions: treehopper
I have just too many !!
For now anything from Reba & Carrie Underwood !!

"I Can't Make it Alone " by Dusty Springfield. Dusty is singing the type of song she preferred, and the Arif Mardin production is sheer class.

Last edited:
Heard I great classic last night on pandora Peter Paul and Mary 500 miles

Sissyleslie said:
"I Can't Make it Alone " by Dusty Springfield. Dusty is singing the type of song she preferred, and the Arif Mardin production is sheer class.
I Only Wanna Be with You .....

A song about a girl who has finally found the guy of her dreams - or at least she thinks so. It's very much a teenage crush song in the same vein as many of the girl group songs Springfield loved. When she came to America from the UK and began her solo career, Dusty took more of a pop/R&B direction inspired by groups like The Shirelles and The Crystals.

Last edited:
Ahhh - Brian stepping out front with his falsetto lead on "Don't Worry Baby" ...

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
I love the old Surf music. B.J. Thomas covered it.

Last edited:
I love the way Libra sings: "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys though I also love a lot of the Beach Boy songs.

This song makes me think of my wife. God only knows what I would have been without her.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
Back