What’s the Bible to you?

What’s the Bible to you

• The Bible is the Bible no matter what?

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • You can change the Bible, not to hurt feelings?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twist the words in the Bible for self gain?

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmallJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
This is just for me to get information about what Christian’s hang here.

Reactions: TrashPanda01
Emergency rolling paper. Nah jk the only thing i believe in is that i know nothing and am not gonna pretend like i do. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Belarin, Hemix, KechoDrips and 5 others
For me, the Bible is a very interesting book. There are a lot of conflicts, especially in the Old Testament but my interest is in the first four books of the New Testament where I can hear the words and teachings of Jesus. I think it's a very good guide for human behavior.

• Thinking
Reactions: Traveler, geka, littledub1955 and 4 others
I believe certain stories in the Bible but not all. I believe some stories were embellished too.
The story of Jesus Christ.
I believe a man Jesus Christ did live. I believe he was a sort of activists against the powers. I believe the powers saw him as a threat and had him killed. I believe the powers did crucify him publicly to show the ppl that any resistors will meet the same fate. The supposed miracles I believe are embellished and have been more embellished throughout the years.
I believe the Bible has some truths.

I don't believe in creation. Too many inconsistencies.

Oh boy. I'm not a believer . if you are , my thoughts would only make you hostile. Better to ask if there are other Christians here.

• Love
Reactions: lust4apples, Pantyslave, Muhdeee and 1 other person
PetahPetah said:
Oh boy. I'm not a believer . if you are , my thoughts would only make you hostile. Better to ask if there are other Christians here.
I just was curious, about people’s thought that’s all.

Reactions: KBoy and TrashPanda01
Christian here. Spent 4 years at a Christian College in Alabama for a Criminal Justice Degree.
The only concern/worry/thought I have is the different versions. I.e. KJV, NIV ESA, etc. The words or phrase used in one can sound completely different in another. That bothers me a bit, not in that the Bible is wrong, but in that it was interpreted wrong.
I am amazed though by the accuracy that has been kept over hundreds and thousands of years and all the languages its been translated in.
I'm a bit of a NIV guy.

Reactions: ChrisChris, nezquic66, dogboy and 4 others
I've noticed that a lot of christian folks that are abdl are often very conflicted about it and have a hard time accepting that side of themselves. just an observation. :x

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: MetalDan86, Babybike2, TrashPanda01 and 2 others
TrashPanda01 said:
Christian here. Spent 4 years at a Christian College in Alabama for a Criminal Justice Degree.
The only concern/worry/thought I have is the different versions. I.e. KJV, NIV ESA, etc. The words or phrase used in one can sound completely different in another. That bothers me a bit, not in that the Bible is wrong, but in that it was interpreted wrong.
I am amazed though by the accuracy that has been kept over hundreds and thousands of years and all the languages its been translated in.
I'm a bit of a NIV guy.
I have head that the KJV is closer then the others. NIV is probably best for reading in a group and verse for a sermon.

TrashPanda01 said:
I'm a bit of a NIV guy.
Believers have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who is our Comforter and One with God the Father and Author who spoke through 44 men who acted as scribes in the 66 books of both testaments. He will help you understand the parts of the Bible that you need, when you need it ( check out 1 Corinthians 2:6-16). There are many translations and many just plain paraphrases, most of which are published by secular companies only interested in the profit that versions published by them can generate. I’ve seen the secularizing of one Christian companies happening to Bible publishers and Christian book publishers ever since I became a Christian over 45 years ago. The Christian music industry is even worse off than the publishers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater, TrashPanda01 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Svenmaok said:
I've noticed that a lot of christian folks that are abdl are often very conflicted about it and have a hard time accepting that side of themselves. just an observation. :x
I’ve had a bit of a problem with it before I became incontinent, when I had an affinity for plastic pants, especially after I entered puberty and found a whole new way to make me feel guilty. This guilt wasn’t that intense, despite being raised Catholic, until I became a believer in April ‘78. The guilt comes from making anything in my life more important, or giving anything in my life more of my attention than God receives. This would be idolatry and we know how God feels about that. Now that dual ic has had me diapered 24/7 for over 8 years there’s no guilt and no spiritual problems now that I’m wearing plastic pants for their designed purpose, and they’re on my conscious mind less and Jesus is on it more, the balance seems to be much improved.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Edgewater, TrashPanda01 and 2 others
SmallJay said:
I have head that the KJV is closer then the others. NIV is probably best for reading in a group and verse for a sermon.
I used to think that, but after listening to other men way smarter than me debate the issue I have changed my views on that. My personal favorite is the NET. I like how they include the translators notes on why they chose their text.

Reactions: TrashPanda01
TeeMousy said:
I used to think that, but after listening to other men way smarter than me debate the issue I have changed my views on that. My personal favorite is the NET. I like how they include the translators notes on why they chose their text.
That’s cool, I read the NASB ( New American standard Bible) got from my grandmother for a birthday.

Reactions: TeeMousy and TrashPanda01
SmallJay said:
That’s cool, I read the NASB ( New American standard Bible) got from my grandmother for a birthday.
That's an excellent version as well.

Reactions: SmallJay and TrashPanda01
I love Bibles that have the foot notes of cross verses as well as verses that have conflicts between different source like the Septugent, Dead Sea Scrolls, etc (Might have misspelled). How one source might have an added word or phrase then the other source. In most cases it doesn't change the meaning at all, but when your in a class or small group and one Bible version does or doesn't have that particular verse, it's nice to have a Bible with the notes pointing out why it was or was not omitted.
I really injoy the Bible App in that while I'm looking at a verse I can select different versions and can see that particular verse in each one.

Wish my wife was accepting of my likes, she chalks it up to idolatry 😪. That's a whole nother story.

Reactions: SmallJay and TeeMousy
TrashPanda01 said:
Wish my wife was accepting of my likes, she chalks it up to idolatry 😪. That's a whole nother story.
Yeah, I understand. It's a touchy subject. I think it can be an idol, but I don't believe it has to be.

Reactions: littledub1955, TrashPanda01 and Edgewater
Well, back in what we today would call 'ancient times' or 'bible days' the Bible was written in Greek and in Hebrew. To understand what some of those old world words mean, I use a book called The Strongs Concordance. It will tell you if the word your looking at was Greek or Hebrew and give you the definition of each word and show you the context in which it is used. It takes all the guess work right out of it. I do like the King James Version (KJV), but it is hard to undetstand at times and easily misunderstood. The NIV is okay. I've used the English Standard, which is the KJV but translated to more modern terms and therefore much easier to grasp. Like for example "they rowed 8 furlongs in a boat" the English Standard tells you exactly how many feet that distance is, and it doesn't change the meaning. Looking that up in the Strongs Concordence you'd find 1 furlong is 220 feet. The Amplified Bible is very useful in that it will put the Strong Concordance right into the scriptures for you and the defination will be in parenthesis so as not to get confused with what you're reading. I've read the Bible through from cover to cover several times. I base my life on it. Now, as a human being I make mistakes in many things (thoughts and actions). But understanding the Bible as best I can helps me to reconcile my own shortfalls without coming unraveled psychologically or Is emotionally.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, TrashPanda01, TeeMousy and 2 others
Universal truth is truth.
I think things can taken out of context. When the Bible was canonized people fought over what was in it they wanted this way or look this way back in biblical times every one thought way different than to day. God teaches things to different races different ways.
And each group says it's not God.
God has to use what's in your mind already it's like telling an ant what the color red is. Three it is very good things in the Bible as well as not. I don't fear my God for we are one .
God in what ever form loves everyone no matter what they believe. But those that come after twist things for there own gains.
God does not want you fearful.
God wants you to partner with.
Anything that speaks love compassion joy for you and others is of God God lives with in every one. But most don't know it's God.
But do you be quiet go with in to find God with in you . Or do you use what someone else thinks God is.
My walk with God is not me and you it's God and I. The golden rule cover's every thing.the big one is love one another.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW, geka, littledub1955 and 3 others
Zeke said:
I’ve had a bit of a problem with it before I became incontinent, when I had an affinity for plastic pants, especially after I entered puberty and found a whole new way to make me feel guilty. This guilt wasn’t that intense, despite being raised Catholic, until I became a believer in April ‘78. The guilt comes from making anything in my life more important, or giving anything in my life more of my attention than God receives. This would be idolatry and we know how God feels about that. Now that dual ic has had me diapered 24/7 for over 8 years there’s no guilt and no spiritual problems now that I’m wearing plastic pants for their designed purpose, and they’re on my conscious mind less and Jesus is on it more, the balance seems to be much improved.
I was baptized into the Lutheran Church and later became Catholic, which was an easy transition as Lutheran, to me, is Catholic lite. Have always believed and have though my long life been faced with the reality that God does exist. I have seen his Loving Hand during War, as part of the forces of Nature and the inhumanity of mankind. 45 years ago, a choice at his level was made during a Car Crash that resulted in my living. Yes, the crash resulted in my become 24/7, U-IC, but also my accepting that as a reality in my life.

It is far too easy to blame God for all horrible things that happen that God appears not to avert. I could blame him for not cause the other car to Stop at that intersection or any number of things that have crossed my path or the path of others. But, I have from early-on believed in his Love and that there is positives behind every event.

Dear Friend, you likely notice that I did not address the OP's question as I used your Post as a starting point for mine.

The reason is that in my short time as part of ADISC, I have seen a wide cross-section of individuals come to this Forum and place like Threads, providing a question that calls to this membership, their belief? Some truly are searching an answer while others are preying for targets to break or find someone to repent from this lifestyle and/or to join their church. Far too commonly, their church has a long history teaching that God condemns those they see as sinners. But totally, miss the reality that God Loves Us!

So, what have you found SmallJay?

Reactions: littledub1955, Zeke, TrashPanda01 and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
I was baptized into the Lutheran Church and later became Catholic, which was an easy transition as Lutheran, to me, is Catholic lite. Have always believed and have though my long life been faced with the reality that God does exist. I have seen his Loving Hand during War, as part of the forces of Nature and the inhumanity of mankind. 45 years ago, a choice at his level was made during a Car Crash that resulted in my living. Yes, the crash resulted in my become 24/7, U-IC, but also my accepting that as a reality in my life.

It is far too easy to blame God for all horrible things that happen that God appears not to avert. I could blame him for not cause the other car to Stop at that intersection or any number of things that have crossed my path or the path of others. But, I have from early-on believed in his Love and that there is positives behind every event.

Dear Friend, you likely notice that I did not address the OP's question as I used your Post as a starting point for mine.

The reason is that in my short time as part of ADISC, I have seen a wide cross-section of individuals come to this Forum and place like Threads, providing a question that calls to this membership, their belief? Some truly are searching an answer while others are preying for targets to break or find someone to repent from this lifestyle and/or to join their church. Far too commonly, their church has a long history teaching that God condemns those they see as sinners. But totally, miss the reality that God Loves Us!

So, what have you found SmallJay?
I just wanted to get a feel of peoples thoughts on the matter. It has also helped me not worry I was making the wrong decision about this hole thing.
Also if I have some thing bothering me faith wise. I can come here to ask, hopefully getting some understanding on the matter.

Reactions: Edgewater, TrashPanda01 and TeeMousy
Back