What's it like in those cute furry costumes?

Woncrinklz

"Paranormal Investigations in ABDL detection" lol
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I think the furry world is cute, I never tried it except when a kid goofing around with my cats or dog. I dressed as a horse, too in my kid-ways since I had horses. Isn't it too hot in the outfits, though? I'd try it out, but I'm always too hot! I would go nuts constantly taking my head off to blot my face like I do wearing the darn covid masks! The diaper part is actually very logical, though. Hmmm. Anything? I think I'd like to try it. I love drama stuff.

• Thinking
Reactions: Chosen
In a word? Warm. Very warm. Also you have generally very limited vision and hearing. Underarmour + a balaclava (or in some cases a cooling vest + a fan in the head if you're really bad with heat) can help a ton with it. That said, it can be a lot of fun too and it's hard not to get attention. I've been fursuiting since early 2009 and I love it, even if I've slowed down a lot these last couple years (no events does that.) It's also a bit of maintenance. Disinfecting/cleaning it, sewing up popped seams, etc. Things you do with most any high quality costume. As for wearing diapers in suit? I personally don't as I find it a bit harder to move and the heat sucks to have too many extra things on. So as a personal note, I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely need them. Just the sweat alone would make them pretty heavy. If you get the chance to try fursuiting, I'd go for it. But it's certainly not for everyone. Many people I see who are new to it barely can last an hour where some of us can practically spend all day in them. It can be very exhausting. XD

Last edited:
Reactions: KrankyPants and Woncrinklz
Inno said:
In a word? Warm. Very warm. Also you have generally very limited vision and hearing. Underarmour + a balaclava (or in some cases a cooling vest + a fan in the head if you're really bad with heat) can help a ton with it. That said, it can be a lot of fun too and it's hard not to get attention. I've been fursuiting since early 2009 and I love it, even if I've slowed down a lot these last couple years (no events does that.) It's also a bit of maintenance. Disinfecting/cleaning it, sewing up popped seams, etc. Things you do with most any high quality costume. As for wearing diapers in suit? I personally don't as I find it a bit harder to move and the heat sucks to have too many extra things on. So as a personal note, I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely need them. Just the sweat alone would make them pretty heavy. If you get the chance to try fursuiting, I'd go for it. But it's certainly not for everyone. Many people I see who are new to it barely can last an hour where some of us can practically spend all day in them. It can be very exhausting. XD
Thank you for the answer! I bet, then, the best places to be fursuited for gatherings are in Alaska, Seattle, Colorado, Montana, etc. in the snow! I would go as a polar bear or some totally far-out creature...maybe something from cryptozoology. That's entirely my speed. But who knows! Some day, I'll give it a go. I know the expenses can be huge, so I better chew on it for a while. I get horribly hot just sleeping!

Wondercrinkee said:
Thank you for the answer! I bet, then, the best places to be fursuited for gatherings are in Alaska, Seattle, Colorado, Montana, etc. in the snow! I would go as a polar bear or some totally far-out creature...maybe something from cryptozoology. That's entirely my speed. But who knows! Some day, I'll give it a go. I know the expenses can be huge, so I better chew on it for a while. I get horribly hot just sleeping!
It is certainly an investment cost-wise and time-wise. And while I live in Minnesota and Winter is 'okay' for suiting, I have gotten used to suiting in warmer areas like Florida too for various cons. Everyone has different limits. And if you decide to get one, they take a good amount of time to be made depending who you order one through. If you're easily overheated but still plan to do it, you're probably someone who'd want to get a fan in the head and a cooling vest if you get a body suit. Partials are a lot lighter for the body at least, and it's where 'most' new suiters start. If you have any friends who own a suit, I'd see if they'll allow you to try it first before throwing down.

Reactions: furry121
783BE585-4DC6-4F19-B83B-909C54565AD4.pngHere is my fursuit! Made by Morefurless :) (fursuit builders will often have fur-related puns in their names!)
(Not shown are my feetpaws! Damn you size limit! Dm me if you wanna see them!)
It’s quite hot, yes! Also, depending on who made it, it can be heavy as well (exhibit a: my fursuit lol)
I definitely recommend starting out with a partial! Then work your way up if you feel comfortable taking on more.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBabyJake, perlFerret, Cottontail and 2 others
It can be quite warm or hot depending on the setting and location.
But I've been a character performer for a long time and use to it.

Attachments

• FF8YjA1XIAEmUfZ.jpg
    FF8YjA1XIAEmUfZ.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: LittleBabyJake, ShadesPoofyButt, perlFerret and 6 others
Back