Whats everyone using for boosters?

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So ive used boosters in the past from a few different brands, however it gets me that they are almost 50% of the cost of a full diaper at some point, and makes it a tougher purchase. I did see that tranquility had some boosters that where pretty inexpensive, but i have no experience with them. Thoughts? What boosters are you using?

I never did care much for boosters , ! They never stay in place for me !!

I like the Tranquility boosters a lot and they are my go to for adding extra absorbency

I view boosters a little differently than you. I wear occasionally, when time/circumstances permit.

I enjoy very large and heavy diapers (provided that I can keep it in place), hence my username. I don't compare boosters to a diaper change.

I used to use those regular straight strip style boosters. Didn't like them. The absorbancy is fine, but I didn't like the weight and bulk being so focused on the center and bottom, causing the diaper to sag. Until I found this diaper-shaped booster. Love it. Allows me to add bulk and weight for the amazing fuzzies!!' Id like them larger though. Thicker too.

Reactions: wetnappyjon
I love boosters. I wear a booster in ever diaper I wear. Over time I have purchased almost ever booster available especially abdl boosters. My favorite is tykables dubblers. There capacity is huge and when fully swollen almost impossible to walk around in. Total dry ultimate boost ups are my favorite if I don't want to lose total mobility. They swell some and have reasonable capacity. Rearz overnight booster with inspire Plus mega diaper I have never made leak but have taken off due to mobility issues.

I have tried various boosters and depending on the situation I will use a Rearz Booster pad if going to a long play or event. I just picked up 93 bags (20 per bag) of total dry boosters off of craigslist for $130 and have been using them daily.

Dakota13 said:
So ive used boosters in the past from a few different brands, however it gets me that they are almost 50% of the cost of a full diaper at some point, and makes it a tougher purchase. I did see that tranquility had some boosters that were pretty inexpensive, but i have no experience with them. Thoughts? What boosters are you using?
I just purchased a bag of tranquillity essential booster heavy. Haven’t tried one yet but I’ll be sure to let you know what I think 😉

Reactions: Dakota13
I like Goodnight Tru fit Xl liners

diaper18 said:
I like Goodnight Tru fit Xl liners
And they’re running out.

My boosters are the cut off backs of my used disposables provided they are clean and dry.for nightime I need a lot of extra absorbancy and the backs work really well, they are also cheap as I have already bought the Nappy and am using it to the max !
Sadly they are too bulky to use during the day unless I am around the house all day.

For years now, I have been using MegaMax diapers with no booster at all .I haven't needed a booster because I don't flood my diapers . I am UIC and also on the autism spectrum. Wetting is frequent and in small amounts. I usually can go the advertised 12 hours between changes.

Before switching to MegaMax, I used Depends or sometimes Assurance diapers with a Luvs size 6 as a booster. That worked reasonably well unless I was very active and the Luvs began bunching. Luvs are a lot like the diaper shaped boosters that are available.

I always thought Luvs were a really good value and, although I am not AB, I will admit that I liked the thought of "baby diapers."

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxSyd
Dakota13 said:
So ive used boosters in the past from a few different brands, however it gets me that they are almost 50% of the cost of a full diaper at some point, and makes it a tougher purchase. I did see that tranquility had some boosters that where pretty inexpensive, but i have no experience with them. Thoughts? What boosters are you using?
Pampers size 8 :love: 💧💦❤️

Dakota13 said:
I feel your pain. I love the thought of boosters - they're an easy addition to the diaper for absorbency and swelling/thickness, but I also am not a fan of the cost. I have tried baby diapers, which require trimming of tabs and cutting slits to allow flow through, but they shift around inside of my main diaper. I've switched to this style pad as a booster. It still requires slits but there is a tape strip on the back just like a maxipad, so they don't shift around. They're also really cheap, ~$.20 each!
e7833df2-a5aa-4488-96ef-c8337c0619c9.3e3dcd74891a2f80e077948da47af67a.png

Baby diapers Size 6 to 8, made to leak with a Wartenberg wheel.

Reactions: deepdriftAD
I always use a northshore booster pad with my MegaMax diapers and it's a lifesaver! I wear diapers 24/7, and with booster pads, I only need to change 3 times per day instead of 4 or 5. Yes, booster pads are a little pricey but it definitely cuts the cost of 5 diapers per day! And in fact, I use the medium size for day time diapers and an XL pad for night time, as this covers the entirety of my diaper, and lasts me from about 5pm to 5am without a problem. But it does get very poofy with usage, So i don't wear that combo during the day.

Reactions: iluvdps2
I just find boosters to be too much trouble, too expensive, and too uncomfortable

I always pull my diaper down to go number 2. So it’s really hard for me to use boosters. They must be adhesive backed, but even that doesn’t always work.

The Aides in my nursing home don't understand boosters. Because I go number 2 in my diaper, the boosters are out of place.

Cloth diaper inserts. They're super soft and don't get hard like disposable boosters do when they're maxed out. They add more bulk when dry. They wick crazy fast and distribute well. I have never leaked with a cloth insert in a disposable diaper. Plus you buy them once and that's all. Just wash them. Super easy.

Reactions: wetnappyjon
Back