What was your bedtime as a kid

Aby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I had trouble in the 1-3rd grade, parents and teachers tried to blame it on lack of sleep, so I then had to go to bed at 8 pm, and miss all the good shows that I liked, eventually I was allowed to stay up till 9pm on school nights by the 4th grade. I think my hatred of the 8 pm bedtime screwed me up for life, I always want to stay up late now. Also I dont think my problems had anything to do with getting 1 more hour of sleep.
I think, and my therapist agrees that it was probably ADHD or autism. Not sure the testing at the time would have diagnosed me properly, it was the early 80's. I think lots of the testing focused more on hyperactivity.

Reactions: littledub1955
I know I had a 7:30 pm bedtime. I don't remember when that started increasing though. I believe it was usually by 10 by the time I was in Middle school. Depended on the foster family tbh.

Believe it or not - I actually don't remember ever having one!
I also don't remember any REAL problems because of it - occasionally a little drowsy the next day, but nothing a few cups of coffee would not solve - and I was drinking that since I was five so...
Carried a whole thermos full of it all through school! - Had a slight issue over that ONCE, but as soon as they called home about it, and mom told them, in no uncertain terms - "I know, who do you think made it, and put it in the thermos!" - NEVER hear one word about it again.

My bed time was 8pm on dot! Not buts !
Diaper up already 😴🍼

I know I had one when I was younger but for the life of me couldnt tell you the time.
Also as I got older is was more of a go to your room thing, lol, cause I never got to sleep till prob 11 or 12

8PM for quite a while

830 was my bed time during the week, I had to take a bath around 730 then put on my goodnites and pjs

I had no bedtime. My bedtime now is 9:00.

Reactions: chrischrischris
I was made to go to bed early and I wasn't tired. Sometimes I just used my imagination and sort of meditated and ended up with awesome dreams . Other times I managed to sneak out of my room and scared myself silly watching hammer house (English horror movies with good actors , rubbish plots!) On an old t.v in a playroom next to my attic bedroom.

8pm, but whether sleep was an issue or not depends on when you had to get up.
For me personally, sufficient sleep is absolutely essential. If I have not got enough, I'm dragging through the day like a drunk.

My last betime was 9:30 pm until my 16th birthday. After that it was up to me :D

Before dark and I hated it! In my first house , before age seven, I remember being put to bed, daylight streaming in the window listening to the older kids having fun playing outside.

I'm sure I had a bedtime but I really do not remember.

Reactions: chrischrischris
It always varied .I didn't have my own bedroom till I was about 11 so before that I slept in the living room and my dad used to be up late watching johnny carson.lolhe didn't sleep much and kept the tv on all night lol they were good old days

I have no recollection what time I was to be in bed as a younger child. By the time I was in high school, it was whatever time I wanted to go to bed.

Most of my childhood, my bedtime was 8:30pm, my brother had to go to bed at 8:00pm since he was 2 yrs younger than me, I had the choice of my bedtime when I turned 14 and not before, let me tell you my brother couldn't wait to turn 14, but I was mostly in bed by 10pm at most. Its strange now as an adult, I can't go to bed before 1am, or I would simply not sleep, I'm trying different medication without ever trying some sleeping pills made for just that, cause I live alone and I've heard horror stories, people found burned to death cause they didn't wake up to the fire alarm because of sleeping pills, or in case I suffer from sleep apnea (I'm not sure if I have sleep apnea, but both my father and mother do have it, my mother sleep with a CPAP but my father is resisting about it for himself), that could potentially kill me.

I miss being tucked in, I wish I had asked that in the topic title. Being tucked in just right had an almost swaddling component to it, like a diaper it made me feel contained.

I think a part of my insomnia is my little alter ego trying to stay up past bedtime, there is always a part of me that resists bedtime. When I denied this part of me, I found it took its anger out on other parts of my life and sleep was the biggest one it could attack.

I didnt really have a bedtime growing up, I just slept when everyone else went to bed. My bio mom went to bed early always at around 7 pm or 8 so now I have a huge habit of going to bed early and waking up early. Even if I go to bed at like 10 I could wake up at 6 am. Really most of the time I wake up before my alarm goes off haha xD. Nowadays I go to bed mostly at 8 or 10 I can't stay up past 12 to save my life, unless I am having a panic attack. I think thats why I like just drifting off, being alone with my thoughts really isn't good for me. Getting better though. A couple weeks ago my partner and I went to a new years party at a hotel, a band was playing. It sucked ngl anywayyyy I was out by 10 and fell asleep in the hotel room xD.

Back