What TV shows did you watch when you were a toddler, and do you still watch them today?

The shows I remember watching are Blue's Clues and Franklin. I'm sure I watched others. I don't watch them now though.

foxkits said:
Oh that's a terrible toy when the rubber band broke It became a child spanking device I know first bottom experience. Kids don't let parents buy kids that toy. The great thing was we had great imagination growing up we made all the noises.
A stick could be anything. No most of our toys did not do anything.
We enjoyed them anyway.
You're right on that paddle.
Fun Noises:
When I was three, and walking through the backyard, my father introduced various oddities growing here and there like "wild strawberries" that had spikey things looking more like berries because they were round. They tasted bland, but he said it was okay to eat. It wasn't a true strawberry, I don't think. :unsure: Though, I recall him showing me how to hold a blade of grass between the edges of both my hands, then blow. It made no noise, just made me breathless, Lol. Not until I had the perfect angle and tightness with that blade of grass did I finally WIN. Life was so simple and interesting. :giggle:
(the editing is the b's have to e copied and pasted from other words since my keyoard isn't working right! Lol!!)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
I was a 70s toddler. My parents had two TVs: a black-and-white set that my mom had gotten while she was in college in the late 60s, and a color one that my dad had built from a kit. VCRs weren't popular yet, and cable TV remained unavailable in our corner of Seattle until the mid 80s. In short: There wasn't much for toddler Cottontail to watch. I’m told I watched a bit of Sesame Street and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, but those kinds of shows were only available at certain times on certain days.

Fortunately, toys did exist back then. Sort of.
I'm laughing, because you reminded me how my brother would put that switch on the Atari gameboard to cause difficulty for me. I was too young to catch on! The ass! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:"Left or right difficulty. "A" "b". Hmph!:ROFLMAO: My mother thought it defective and returned it! Later we got another (squared), and "they all had that quirk" (the ass!) That's how brothers are, tho.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kirisin and Cottontail
Approaching 60 I never really got into Sesame Street my siblings did like it along with Fraggel Rock
I liked
My favorite was H.R. Pufnstuf

Others I liked
New Zoo Revue
Sigmond the Sea Monster
Mr Rodgers

As I got a little older
Land of the Lost

Kirisin said:
Approaching 60 I never really got into Sesame Street my siblings did like it along with Fraggel Rock
I liked
My favorite was H.R. Pufnstuf

Others I liked
New Zoo Revue
Sigmond the Sea Monster
Mr Rodgers

As I got a little older
Land of the Lost
Lol H.R. Puffnstuff was a Saturday cartoon land of the lost.
Earth2 and captain marvel was a Saturday show we loved Batman.
Though I was in school.
Lost in space. Here's one space nuts Saturday show famous actor played the lead . Don't forget Lone Ranger,Gentle Ben ,Flipper,The Banana Splits Saturday show

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin
I forgot to mention Diver Dan.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
robertabdl74 said:
Child in the 1970. I grew up.on sesame Street and Mr Rogers as a toddler
I did too. Mr Rogers I loved his show a lot sesame street the same

Reactions: Sidewinder and Woncrinklz
Back