What TV shows did you watch when you were a toddler, and do you still watch them today?

NihilisticPuppet

Kitty Puppet
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
My first thread apart from my introduction thread. When I was a toddler I watched Teletubbies, Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, Dora, Blue's Clues, Dragon Tales, Clifford The Big Red Dog, and The Wiggles. I also watched a lot of Baby Einstein even when I was older than a baby.

Nowadays I don't watch all of these shows but I have rewatched Baby Einstein and Sesame Street, and Bear in the Big Blue House.

Edit: I also watched Veggietales and Bob The Builder, too.

I really wish Bluey and Paw Patrol had been around when I was a toddler, because I know I would have eaten those shows up back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin and Cottontail
Child in the 1970. I grew up.on sesame Street and Mr Rogers as a toddler

Reactions: mbta12, Kirisin, Cottontail and 3 others
robertabdl74 said:
Child in the 1970. I grew up.on sesame Street and Mr Rogers as a toddler
It's kind of cool that people growing up in completely different eras both grew up with Sesame Street, and that Sesame Street is still going strong today!

Reactions: Kirisin, Cottontail, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
I'm in my 60's now, and I honestly don't remember what shows I would have watched as a toddler. Probably Captain Kagaroo though as I did love that show and it ran for 29 years. Nowadays I don't watch too many children's shows anymore. But I do occasionally get in the mood and have checked out probably all the ones you mentioned.

Reactions: Kirisin, Cottontail, foxkits and 2 others
TeeMousy said:
I'm in my 60's now, and I honestly don't remember what shows I would have watched as a toddler. Probably Captain Kagaroo though as I did love that show and it ran for 29 years. Nowadays I don't watch too many children's shows anymore. But I do occasionally get in the mood and have checked out probably all the ones you mentioned.
I really don't mean to make you sound old or anything, but my mom once told me she grew up with Captain Kangaroo XD. I'm really young, I wasn't even alive in the 90s, so I was the target audience of most early 2000s preschool shows, but I did watch some late 90s stuff too.

Reactions: Kirisin and TeeMousy
NihilisticPuppet said:
I really don't mean to make you sound old or anything, but my mom once told me she grew up with Captain Kangaroo XD. I'm really young, I wasn't even alive in the 90s, so I was the target audience of most early 2000s preschool shows, but I did watch some late 90s stuff too.
I'ts ok, I am happy with my age. Actually I would not mind being just a little older so I could retire from my job LOL. I can't stop my body from ageing, but I can still be young at heart. :)

Reactions: Kirisin, Cottontail and NihilisticPuppet
TeeMousy said:
You reminded me of a funny moment when my bro and I were sitting in the car at a gas station as our mom was refueling. The gas station attendant walked by with the loudest green pants! I commented something off-humor to my brother about him, and he said, "It's Mr. Green Jeans!" I laughed like hell.

• Haha
Reactions: Kirisin and TeeMousy
As a toddler I was told my favorite was secret squirrel.
I was a toddler in 62 delayed walking by one year being born to early.

Reactions: Cottontail, NihilisticPuppet and TeeMousy
As a older kid it was Captain kangaroo romper room Bozo the clown and Mister Rogers and sesame Street.
I don't remember toddler show.
I do like baby Looney tunes and bear in the big blue house Teletubbies.
Still working on being a toilet tear though maybe some day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Cottontail, TenaciousDL and 2 others
The only show i remember from that time is the most known one in my country.
Its a a show called Tik Tak.
It recently got a relaunch more in touch with todays technology.
Cant say i remember much from those times though.

Reactions: TeeMousy, Cottontail and NihilisticPuppet
Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room come to mind.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, TeeMousy, NihilisticPuppet and 1 other person
UK, here. I can't really remember watching much telly as a toddler in the early 70s, but mum says that I used to like Andy Pandy.
I don't think there was much of a culture of watching telly, though, back then, especially daytime entertainment for toddlers and mums.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, TeeMousy, NihilisticPuppet and 1 other person
I was a 70s toddler. My parents had two TVs: a black-and-white set that my mom had gotten while she was in college in the late 60s, and a color one that my dad had built from a kit. VCRs weren't popular yet, and cable TV remained unavailable in our corner of Seattle until the mid 80s. In short: There wasn't much for toddler Cottontail to watch. I’m told I watched a bit of Sesame Street and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, but those kinds of shows were only available at certain times on certain days.

Fortunately, toys did exist back then. Sort of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin, Woncrinklz, TeeMousy and 1 other person
Born in the early 2000s, I watched Sesame Street, Curious George, Dragon Tales, Blue's Clues, The Big Comfy Couch, and Clifford.
As I got older (school aged) I watched Arthur, Super Why, Word Girl, Wild Kratts, Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, Shaun the Sheep, Pink Panther, and Odd Squad.

Reactions: NihilisticPuppet and TeeMousy
Cottontail said:
I was a 70s toddler. My parents had two TVs: a black-and-white set that my mom had gotten while she was in college in the late 60s, and a color one that my dad had built from a kit. VCRs weren't popular yet, and cable TV remained unavailable in our corner of Seattle until the mid 80s. In short: There wasn't much for toddler Cottontail to watch. I’m told I watched a bit of Sesame Street and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, but those kinds of shows were only available at certain times on certain days.

Fortunately, toys did exist back then. Sort of.
So true cartoons were scarce when I was a kid!
Yeah, them "toys". (laughing). I had all the planes, cars, army things, paints, paddle ball with string (lousy at it 'cause the staple gave way and the red ball flew many-a-time off somewhere..., etc.). Later came Atari. Mostly, I went outside with a hammer, some nails, and whatever wood I could find to make forts.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cottontail and NihilisticPuppet
Woncrinklz said:
Mostly, I went outside with a hammer, some nails, and whatever wood I could find to make forts.:ROFLMAO:
Oh man, I can relate to that! If my parents had seen the rickety tree platforms my friends and I constructed, I'd have been locked in my bedroom! I don't know how we didn't die. Of course, I was older then. Little Cottontail had all kinds of blocks, Lego Duplo, jumbo Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, ... Damn. I feel old! (I still have my Atari, by the way.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kirisin, Woncrinklz and NihilisticPuppet
NihilisticPuppet said:
My first thread apart from my introduction thread. When I was a toddler I watched Teletubbies, Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, Dora, Blue's Clues, Dragon Tales, Clifford The Big Red Dog, and The Wiggles. I also watched a lot of Baby Einstein even when I was older than a baby.

Nowadays I don't watch all of these shows but I have rewatched Baby Einstein and Sesame Street, and Bear in the Big Blue House.

Edit: I also watched Veggietales and Bob The Builder, too.

I really wish Bluey and Paw Patrol had been around when I was a toddler, because I know I would have eaten those shows up back then.
Wow, I watched all those shows too! I was particularly obsessed with Dora the explorer. When I was younger 100% my speech was scripts instead of self generated language, a lot of the scripts were from Dora!

Reactions: NihilisticPuppet
PaddedCub said:
Wow, I watched all those shows too! I was particularly obsessed with Dora the explorer. When I was younger 100% my speech was scripts instead of self generated language, a lot of the scripts were from Dora!
I had a Dora potty chair ring it’s the one thing I remember from being toilet trained.

Woncrinklz said:
So true cartoons were scarce when I was a kid!
Yeah, them "toys". (laughing). I had all the planes, cars, army things, paints, paddle ball with string (lousy at it 'cause the staple gave way and the red ball flew many-a-time off somewhere..., etc.). Later came Atari. Mostly, I went outside with a hammer, some nails, and whatever wood I could find to make forts.:ROFLMAO:
Oh that's a terrible toy when the rubber band broke It became a child spanking device I know first bottom experience. Kids don't let parents buy kids that toy. The great thing was we had great imagination growing up we made all the noises.
A stick could be anything. No most of our toys did not do anything.
We enjoyed them anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail and Woncrinklz
I vaguely remember having watched Sesame Street when I was about 4 or 5.

Back