What to wear

moorey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So this is my 1st spring summer season what’s the best item to wear for IUC for swimming I’m in the uk and the products I’ve seen are very limited is there anything that goes under my swimming shorts but on top of padding that completely waterproof

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Have a look in save express they’re a German site but carry a good range

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
moorey said:
So this is my 1st spring summer season what’s the best item to wear for IUC for swimming I’m in the uk and the products I’ve seen are very limited is there anything that goes under my swimming shorts but on top of padding that completely waterproof
As far as i know, that is not really possible. The usually IC-Swimwear is only for holding back #2.

I found one suit, that claimed to be waterproof and be usable with a diaper. It was some Neoprene type of shorts with very tight latex cuffs.
It was made to measure and not that cheap.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, TreeLad and 2 others
The Neoprene pant over a diaper /pad is the only thing I am aware of that works. But as stated by Pino, above they are expense and target those that are IC as a means of holding some percentage of #2 within the pant.

If you are U-IC (UIC), the use of a diaper is of little value as the pool or lake water floods the diaper and leaks (flows) back out as you lift out of the water. Most folks that are U-IC simply wear their swimming suit/ shorts and charge into diaper once out of the water.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Pino and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
The Neoprene pant over a diaper /pad is the only thing I am aware of that works. But as stated by Pino, above they are expense and target those that are IC as a means of holding some percentage of #2 within the pant.

If you are U-IC (UIC), the use of a diaper is of little value as the pool or lake water floods the diaper and leaks (flows) back out as you lift out of the water. Most folks that are U-IC simply wear their swimming suit/ shorts and charge into diaper once out of the water.
Oh right, ok that’s very interesting thanks

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
1713280179925.png These are made of silicon waterproof inside and out. What do you think

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Pino and 1 other person
Never used this product. If you are not F-IC, why would you need to create a container for Urine? Understanding that near everyone that is Continent is pee in the water next to you!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Pino and 2 others
Edgewater said:
Never used this product. If you are not F-IC, why would you need to create a container for Urine? Understanding that near everyone that is Continent is pee in the water next to you!
Fair comment Edgewater

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
Because I need to get to and from the water. Once I am in, yeah who cares. But consider a typical hotel pool. No restrooms. No privacy for changing. So I put on my bathing suit in my room. Head out the door. Realize I forgot my sunscreen, head back to the room. Wait for the slow-as-can-be elevator, hike across the lobby, and finally reach the pool. It's not a terribly long time, but it's a risky prospect without protection.

The same problem exists for going to the beach. It's a 10 minute drive and a 10 minute walk from my house to the sand. It's a private association beach so there are no restrooms or changing facilities out there. I'm probably going to pass someone I know on the path and they are going to want to chat for a minute. How to manage that without a puddle forming at my feet?

This is the one aspect of UIC that I have never found a good solution for in decades of searching and trying different things. It's maddening because I otherwise enjoy swimming, and this is probably the ONLY thing where I really feel limited.

I would love to hear what others do for situations like those above.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I tried to find a solution years ago, once your in the pool it's not an issue. But it's out of the pool that is the problem. I found that the largest size 8 nappy they sell stripped of its tapes stuffed into the front of a pair of shorts was a good solution, had just enough capacity to catch leaks but then easy enough to throw a towel over and pull out when you want to go for a swim.
In my later years Ive realised that I can't be bothered with the faff I just put a normal nappy on and head to the toilet when I want to swim.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
My new swim diaper covers swim6.jpgswim8.jpgswim7.jpg

Attachments

• swim9.jpg
    swim9.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Tuxus, Diprs2, Joeysms and 1 other person
i don't know of any incontinent swim wear that is water proof. i wear a washable swim diaper. it can be worn under swim trunks or on its own most swim trunks over top. swim diapers are intended for those with bowel IC those with just U-IC mostly wear regular swim sites. for me the swim diapers comes in handy for U-IC for the times you are not in the water. Swim diaper can be expensive. Rearz at one time if you don't mind prints had affordable one also changing times diaper company.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Pino, Diprs2 and 3 others
Joeysms said:
i don't know of any incontinent swim wear that is water proof. i wear a washable swim diaper. it can be worn under swim trunks or on its own most swim trunks over top. swim diapers are intended for those with bowel IC those with just U-IC mostly wear regular swim sites. for me the swim diapers comes in handy for U-IC for the times you are not in the water. Swim diaper can be expensive. Rearz at one time if you don't mind prints had affordable one also changing times diaper company.
Thank you

While I agree that no system is waterproof, in the around 1-2 hours a day I spend at the swimming pool, my primary concern is not having a wet spot on my swim shorts or have pee running down my leg before I get in the water.

I use a layering system that allows me to at least get to the pool or bathroom. The first layer is a Tranquilty Swimmate. Over that I use a neoprene pant with gaskets at the leg and waist like these: https://www.splashabout.com/splash-shorts-adult-black.html. Over those two layers I use a standard pair of swim jammers or normal swimsuit so it's not obvious I'm wearing a diaper.

Reactions: Edgewater
EcoIncon said:
While I agree that no system is waterproof, in the around 1-2 hours a day I spend at the swimming pool, my primary concern is not having a wet spot on my swim shorts or have pee running down my leg before I get in the water.

I use a layering system that allows me to at least get to the pool or bathroom. The first layer is a Tranquilty Swimmate. Over that I use a neoprene pant with gaskets at the leg and waist like these: https://www.splashabout.com/splash-shorts-adult-black.html. Over those two layers I use a standard pair of swim jammers or normal swimsuit so it's not obvious I'm wearing a diaper.
how does swim shorts help liquids in pool?

It doest’t… it’s called a pool instead of an ool cause it’s got P in it.

Seriously, id rather not pee in the pool but there’s nothing out there that solves that and I can’t help it. Chlorine is very effective at neutralizing urea. It does produce chloramines but that happens when you sweat ion the pool too

Reactions: Edgewater
Back