What movie or tv show did you watch recently?

Final movie I watched in 2023: Asteroid City (2023)

dynodoggo said:
Mostly looking for recommendations haha. Mondays and Tuesdays have been turning into movie nights for me so I might need some suggestions!

I watched the new Sonic movie last night and it was a cute movie. Sonic's room at the end of the movie was adorable ❤️. Last week I watched this movie called Parasite and it was also really good!

So I'm curious... has anyone watched anything interesting in the past couple weeks?
I just finished season 4 of "Documentary Now". It was mostly excellent, with one episode only being very good.

Saltburn, Mr Bates vs The Post Office

I've been watching "Bodies" on Netflix and It's really good. I think it's done by the same group that made "Dark", also on Netflix. I've also been watching "Nightflyers", again on Netflix.

I recently watched throw mama from the train
I forgot how funny it actually was

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks
"Maestro" directed by and starring Bradley Cooper. Editing was ok, but production design was really good and makeup was incredible.

The Movie Nobody last night. The second time watching it. Damn good Movie if you like action movies.

I’ve just now started watching The Bear on Hulu

We recently watched the Super Mario Brothers movie and thought it was great lol and also we’ve started following the Marvel Series, we just finished Iron Man 3.

Reactions: sjner2142
Hotel transylvania 3

Free Guy

Tommy10 said:
"Maestro" directed by and starring Bradley Cooper. Editing was ok, but production design was really good and makeup was incredible.
I've been thinking about watching that as I've performed with Bernstein but I'm afraid it would be too unrealistic in the conducting department. I've seen the trailer and he doesn't come close.

dogboy said:
I've been thinking about watching that as I've performed with Bernstein but I'm afraid it would be too unrealistic in the conducting department. I've seen the trailer and he doesn't come close.
I don't want to spoil anything, so all I'll say is I feel the story was told as a genuine homage to Bernstein. I think any professional musician probably winces a bit when conducting is shown in a movie, just as a pilot probably laughs at fake pilots on-screen.

Reactions: dogboy
During my lunch breaks at work I work my way through movies 30 minutes at a time on my phone. LOL. I have Netflix, Paramount, Disney plus, Fubo, Hulu
I've watched Shooter, Equalizer 3, Taken 2 and working my way through Erogon. Jeremy Irons is a good actor in that flik.

Emergency! (On COZI TV)

The Curse of Oak Island

Nearly 50 years after it was made, I have been watching the landmark documentary series ‘The World at War’ produced by Thames Television in the UK.

It chronicles not only the events of WW2, but also the path that led to the awful devastation of the conflict.

It is incredibly disturbing to see how history is repeating itself in so many ways, even our domestic politics in the UK was in disarray just as now.

If only our leaders today could take a look at this series of documentaries and re-learn the lessons of history before it’s too late. When will we ever learn?

On a much happier note, I have also been binge-watching the Scottish sit-com ‘Two Doors Down.’ Such a keenly observed light-hearted observation of the delights, frustrations and friendship amongst a group of neighbours in suburban Glasgow. I think it’s brilliant! 😊

Reactions: Angelapinks and Diaperman95
DLmikey said:
Nearly 50 years after it was made, I have been watching the landmark documentary series ‘The World at War’ produced by Thames Television in the UK.

It chronicles not only the events of WW2, but also the path that led to the awful devastation of the conflict.

It is incredibly disturbing to see how history is repeating itself in so many ways, even our domestic politics in the UK was in disarray just as now.

If only our leaders today could take a look at this series of documentaries and re-learn the lessons of history before it’s too late. When will we ever learn?

On a much happier note, I have also been binge-watching the Scottish sit-com ‘Two Doors Down.’ Such a keenly observed light-hearted observation of the delights, frustrations and friendship amongst a group of neighbours in suburban Glasgow. I think it’s brilliant! 😊
I have became a history buff and love to watch documentary series on the world wars. I am a huge WW2 Aviation fan. P38 lightening being one of my favorite. I once seen a documentary on the p38 that shown Charles Lindberg helped in a big roll and /shown pilots and the airforce how to get the most out of the planes range and how to set the fuel mix. By doing so they was able to fly much further than the manufacture said possible. Plus he flown some non combat rolls with the same squad. Tol be honest I love the crude tech they had in the 30-'s to 50's and the machines that created in general.

I'm watching this right now. It's really funny and stars a drag queen. I love crazy cult films 🩷🩵

First movies I watched in 2024:
Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
Horton Hears a Who (1970)

Back