What is everyone else using as a "diaper bag"?

CptKirk

Disabled veteran,"MOTORHEAD"PROFESSIONAL Mechanic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I have been using an OLD gym bag to carry a couple spare diapers, change of clothes (haven't needed in years and frequently go without thanks to dependable diapers) along with wet wipes, rash preventative ointment (I like the A&D) and just in case, some white duct tape.
I figure there HAS to be something better suited for this task. I mean, I thankfully don't literally carry this around with me (unless necessary) as I'm usually not "away" from wherever all that long to where I might need to change, clean up etc and my bag generally stays in my truck, room I'm staying in etc but I'm going to a wedding in a week and know I'll need to have some "supplies" at the very least really close by and don't feel like using this ratty old gym bag I've had since I was in the Army!
I have no fear of wearing in this wedding as it's one of my best friends getting married (yeah, he REALLY waited until he was SURE LOL) and his oldest brother is my best friend also the best man and the other 2 guys in the wedding party with me are close personal friends. Hell even his fiancé is aware as I've stayed over their house numerous times so wearing/changing won't be an issue, but the bag I carry this stuff in most definitely is not suitable to be seen with us all dressed up.
I have 11 days to find something but figured I'd see what everyone else is using. Just a note...I'm not much of an AB at all, so nothing "babyish". Just something big enough to work, small enough to not be dominating and nice enough that I won't be embarrassed by a ratty tattered old bag!

Reactions: Diprs2
I just got a small black backpack. Keep essentials in there. Most people don't give you a second look with a backpack.

I don’t normally go out diapered during the day where I would need a bag, as my issues mostly occur at night, but I second the small backpack idea. Maybe even a large fanny pack depending on what diapers you are wearing. I know a lot of guys around here wear them to conceal handguns. Depending where your at it might not even get a second look.

If you go camping here’s a tip will save some potential unwanted embarrassment so keep dirty diaper on and take a fresh packed one and wedge it in between your waist then put your shirt over it concealing it take wipes and powder and put them in your pocket easy enough to hide if you get small packets/bottles go into the toilets and put the used diaper in a bag feel free to use a carrier bag wait until it’s clear doesn’t take too long usually then throw it out, go back in and tape yourself up if you want to be more discreet I just tend to use the disabled toilets anyway you’ll be amazed how available they actually are.

Method 2 if you have somewhere private like a tent or caravan go to the toilet dispose of used diaper take the wipes from your pocket wipe up then have nothing on down there yes it’s weird sure pull your pants up and go back to your private space to change it’s sooo much easier.

I found that I can fit 2 diapers and some travel sized powder / cream bottles in an old netbook bag I have. Works for me and it's small enough to not be annoying but not large enough to look strange bringing around with you in the bathroom, etc.

1661910070688.png

Reactions: Diprs2, Woncrinklz and CptKirk
A Walmart reusable shopping bag.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and CptKirk
Bearcatz said:
I found that I can fit 2 diapers and some travel sized powder / cream bottles in an old netbook bag I have. Works for me and it's small enough to not be annoying but not large enough to look strange bringing around with you in the bathroom, etc.

View attachment 86177

That’s smart! I wouldn’t suspect that legit just looks like you’re carrying a computer or something unless you’re wearing ABDL apparel xD

Reactions: Diprs2 and Woncrinklz
LittleMonsterUK said:
That’s smart! I wouldn’t suspect that legit just looks like you’re carrying a computer or something unless you’re wearing ABDL apparel xD
It's more years old than dollars it cost originally. Overthink nothing, redneck everything.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Woncrinklz and CptKirk
I use my work back pack. keep my changing supplies and diapers in one pocket, and my work laptop in the other

I have a couple on TNF backpacks that when able bodied I used for climbing and such that are now repurposed as diaper bags , the funny part is the backpacks manufactures name is the “Surge”. They work really well as adult diaper bags .

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and CptKirk
Personally I prefer to change at home or in my personal work office (and it's bathroom). But sometimes you really have to change. Whether I'm at the tennis courts, bicycling or playing golf, including playing softball, I keep a cool gym bag with what I need. I haven't used it for years. But it's always in my car. I take it for my tennis bag, my bicycle or golf bag. But it's such a pain in the ass if you have to carry a "diaper bag" when you're out in public.

greatlake5 said:
Personally I prefer to change at home or in my personal work office (and it's bathroom). But sometimes you really have to change. Whether I'm at the tennis courts, bicycling or playing golf, including playing softball, I keep a cool gym bag with what I need. I haven't used it for years. But it's always in my car. I take it for my tennis bag, my bicycle or golf bag. But it's such a pain in the ass if you have to carry a "diaper bag" when you're out in public.
Yep, my point exactly...and being we'll be having pics taken for a couple hours after the wedding/before the reception I'm likely going to at least have it in the limo.

loadedpamperman said:
and nice enough that I won't be embarrassed by a ratty tattered old bag!
I actually carry around a diaper bag a LOT. I keep expensive camera gear in it. No one has stolen it yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, NorthwestDiaperDude and nightfox320
Just a run of the mill Jansport student backpack. I’ve got my iPad and charger n there, meds and their items and in the back I have diapers and changing supplies

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaperedsparky
I had a similar issue recently - I'd been using an ancient Eurohike rucksack that gradually became my nappy bag, but after 14 years it was falling apart. Spent far too much time trying to work out what to get - considered a laptop bag because they have loads of pockets, but decided I didn't really want to look like I was carting a laptop around with me.

I bought this in the end - has a few pockets, just looks like a normal rucksack, and has room for spare clothes etc if I need. I think my conclusion was that it's far too easy to overthink this!

I use a backpack off Amazon. Holds diapers, wipes all the essential personal care stuff and an iPad with cables. Nobody is ever the wiser

I use a medium sized backpack. The main compartment has a two-way zipper along the top and both sides that allows it to fully open. Makes it easy for neatly packing spare diapers with supplies, and a full change of clothes, including shoes. There are multiple small zippered compartments along the sides to hold electronic paraphernalia, a padded computer pocket on the back, and a slim documents pocket. I also use it as my "personal item" when flying, and it's never been looked at by TSA. It's a backpack like everyone else's. No one gives it a second thought.

I use a normal backpack that has the pocket for laptop and within the pocket - it has a hard to see zipper that I can store two adult diapers in and won’t be noticeable. My family doesn’t know about the hidden pocket. I plan on having it for my flight in a week and half so I can diaper up after going through security.

My backpack is my diaper bag. I try to keep it well stocked, mostly baby diapers, I try to have at least 1 Attends, a change of pants/shorts, wipes, powder and cream. My mom's usually have a spare baby diaper in their purses as well, just in case.

Back