What happened to the new Goodnites?

GoodnitesAreGoat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I saw a long thread about new Goodnites with Velco on the side and other improvements. I am a big fan of Goodnites and would love to have some. The tread said they were being released in 2023 and now 2023 has come and almost gone. I apologize if the answer was in there but I was not interested in reading 100+ pages. Does anybody know anything about this?

There was never a statement saying that the Velcro sides were coming out in 2023 or anytime beyond. Somebody posted a photo of the patent drawings and the post blew up with excitement over the rumors that this was the big improvement of the year.

Reactions: TigerDL
DanElmontan said:
There was never a statement saying that the Velcro sides were coming out in 2023 or anytime beyond. Somebody posted a photo of the patent drawings and the post blew up with excitement over the rumors that this was the big improvement of the year.
Okay, I see thank you for the clarifications.

Reactions: DanElmontan
Also, having looked at that particular patent (about a curled edge on the Velcro sides to make them easier to grip), and the dates on it (and prior versions of it), I'm pretty sure the curled edge thing is already in use on Pull-Ups. I've seen marketing images of Pull-Ups that very clearly show it. It's nothing new, and the patent is actually quite old, and appears to have been granted many years ago. There was simply a recent additional filing on the patent for some reason, which stirred up a lot of interest, because the patent made mention of the possibility of using that curled edge on bed wetting pants to hide the presence of Velcro sides.

We did actually get new GoodNites, though. Sam's Club now has an exclusive version that markets a "gap-free fit" and "quicksorb" technology, that reportedly fits better and holds slightly more.

Part of what stirred up all the excitement was a mention in a Kimberly-Clark investor call of their plans to launch a new GoodNites youth pant... Most likely, they were just referring to the new version that Sam's Club has, but paired with someone mentioning the patent, people got...really excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
Back