What happened to Abena Abri-Form?

diaperedboypete

Shy little boy from Poland. Diapered 24/7
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm actually adressing that thread to europeans, because I don't know if there is any difference in US version of that diapers.
As I'm diapered 24/7 I am mostly wearing Seni diapers, as those are widely available and cheap where I live, but I also like to try something different time to time. Yesterday i bought pack of Abri-Form Premium M3, and I'm totally disapointed. Probably the worst diapers I ever had on my butt. Last time I had any Abena diaper year ago (Abri-Form M4) and i remembered them as really fine ones, comfortable to wear. But what i got now is some ridiculous mistake. So far, 3/3 diapers I have worn ended up with tapes ripped off, and backing tore on the joint with waistband.

20210630_162453.jpg
Yes, had to fix it with duck tape, but later the bottom tape also gone.

20210630_162549.jpg

Actually it looks, like they change production process like Tena did year ago and now Abri-Form is very similar to new Tena Slip, but in much worse style. I don't really like this type of diaper fit, but at least Tena never tore apart for no reason. Anyone noticed any problem with Abena diapers, or it's just my bad luck?

Reactions: AComputerGuy and SofiaInPampers
nope have had similar issues and no longer use them.

Having been a fan of the Delta-Form L3 model, I ordered a sample or two of the Abri-Form Premium L4s. I arrived at the same conclusions you did, the fit was terrible and the diaper fell apart easily. Having used both the Delta-Form L3 and later the plastic backed Abri-Form comfort L4 as my regular nightly diapers, I find it strange how terrible the Abri-Form "Premium" seem to be.

I wish I knew. For a long time I always heard so many people praising the Abena M4 diapers, talking about how amazing they were. Even in pictures I saw they looked good, form fitting, and everything. However when I first got to try them 2 and a half years ago I was so disappointed to see how cheap they were. They fell apart with any movement I did, tapes tore easily and didn’t fit like I saw in pictures.
They are like an upscale pharmacy brand diaper now. I wish I got to try them in there prime but it just seems like it’s no longer that good. Luckily they’re other good brands out now with a similar price, but it’s still disappointing to see what happened.

Are the plastic backed not available in Europe?

AtPeace said:
Are the plastic backed not available in Europe?
No, they stopped making them here long ago even before they stopped in the USA.
Now dry life xplus i think is supposed to be the alternative of the plastic Abenas but they're pricey and not absorbent enough for that price

diaperedboypete said:
I'm actually adressing that thread to europeans, because I don't know if there is any difference in US version of that diapers.
As I'm diapered 24/7 I am mostly wearing Seni diapers, as those are widely available and cheap where I live, but I also like to try something different time to time. Yesterday i bought pack of Abri-Form Premium M3, and I'm totally disapointed. Probably the worst diapers I ever had on my butt. Last time I had any Abena diaper year ago (Abri-Form M4) and i remembered them as really fine ones, comfortable to wear. But what i got now is some ridiculous mistake. So far, 3/3 diapers I have worn ended up with tapes ripped off, and backing tore on the joint with waistband.

View attachment 58414

View attachment 58411

Actually it looks, like they change production process like Tena did year ago and now Abri-Form is very similar to new Tena Slip, but in much worse style. I don't really like this type of diaper fit, but at least Tena never tore apart for no reason. Anyone noticed any problem with Abena diapers, or it's just my bad luck?
I purchased a package of the AbriForms recently. I’ll never do that again. It felt like I was wearing a paper towel. I tossed the remaining in the dumpster.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
winterheart01 said:
No, they stopped making them here long ago even before they stopped in the USA.
Now dry life xplus i think is supposed to be the alternative of the plastic Abenas but they're pricey and not absorbent enough for that price
Wow I'm sorry. I'd tried the newer breathable M4s a while ago and they were decent, but I'm talking years ago. The plastic backed are one of my favorite diapers. I wasn't aware they stopped manufacturing the plastic backed here, so I suppose they're just waiting to run out? That will be a sad day...

TheAbodge said:
Having been a fan of the Delta-Form L3 model, I ordered a sample or two of the Abri-Form Premium L4s. I arrived at the same conclusions you did, the fit was terrible and the diaper fell apart easily. Having used both the Delta-Form L3 and later the plastic backed Abri-Form comfort L4 as my regular nightly diapers, I find it strange how terrible the Abri-Form "Premium" seem to be.
Are Delta-Forms still ok? Over a year ago I bought them both, and Deltas were quite good, but surely you could tell which ones were more "premium". Now Abri are more like cheap imitation of those Delta-Forms. More like some generic supermarket brand diapers.

4th diaper, same issue. Why is something like this in stores...

I only use them as it’s what nhs send me

I wear the plastic backed abriform comfort daily. It is my go to diaper. I buy them directly from abrfirm USA. They have 25% off sales around most holidays making them about a buck per diaper. This is my favorite diaper.

Reactions: DiaperDiva
diaperedboypete said:

View attachment 58414

View attachment 58411

Yes exact same issues

I think it's a sizing issue im a little too big for the medium the bottom tapes don't land right they only just reach the nappy thus meaning i have too fasten them pretty tight this then adds tons of pressure too the tapes when moving bending etc causing either the tapes too peel off the nappy the tapes snap off the nappy or the back pannel tears at the seam like shown thus releasing the pressure

Tried large thinking maby a bigger size would be better im too small for a large all the tapes now overlap them self's and only fasten in the middle of the nappy offering no fastening support and there are big gaps around the legs

Problem would be solved if there was a size inbetween M & L

Back