What game or games give you nostalgia?

Diablo back in the day when it came on a disk and you just popped it into your disc drive.

Reactions: BBBen and AVictoryPointe
Kingdom Hearts and Jak and Daxter always make me feel the most nostalgic.

Reactions: AVictoryPointe
For nostalgia alone, it would probably be games like Final Fantasy 6, Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger. I’m not sure if I would play them in little space.

For nostalgia and little space, I have a core memory of playing Sesame Street: ABC on NES that comes up sometimes. Tetris Attack is really cute and from my typical regression age—bright colors and bubbly audio. Super Mario RPG’s slapstick with Mario silent acting translates in a similar way.

Reactions: BBBen and Cottontail
Animal Crossing on the Gamecube and Super Mario Sunshine!!!

There are a lot of games I’m nostalgic for, mostly from the NES/Genesis/SNES era, but if I had to name games that I associate with being little, I’d have to pick Air-Sea Battle, Outlaw, Combat, Warlords, Pitfall!, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders … all on the Atari 2600. I can remember having my best friend over for a sleepover, and we were up all night playing those… on a black-and-white TV! (Now I’m really feeling old.) We’d built a huge pillow-fort around a table and moved the Atari and TV inside. So great. *Sigh*

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemoosey, BBBen and AVictoryPointe
I grew up in the era of the N64, so those are the games that take my back, along with the game boy color games, like Pokemon Silver.

I know in the N64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, is a big touchstone for me.

A lot of N64 & Gameboy Advance games do it for me.
Like Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Blast Corps, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Emerald, Body Harvest, Game & Watch Gallery 1-4, Faceball 2000, Star Fox 64, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Puzzle League, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Pilot, Tetris, Ocarina of Time, Butt-Ugly Martians.
Love playing these in a diaper & a pacifier in my mouth.

Reactions: mistykitty, BBBen and AVictoryPointe
Onesieman said:
Pokemon Snap
OMG, I had forgotten about Snap and Pokemon Stadium. Pokemon Stadium is the last time I was actually competitive with my brother (he is the gamer, I'm the imagineer)!

Risk and Monopoly!!!

For video games it will always be Galaga !!!

Reactions: dogboy, BBBen and AVictoryPointe
MrDucky said:
I could name a metric ton from growing up. Ape Escape, Kingdom Hearts, Megaman Legends. Lots of the PS1 era. G-Darius for sure, since I could play that with others. Legend of Mana also for being able to play with older siblings.
The Mana series is so pretty, and Legends is amazing at that. Loved MML too. :)

craigd1341 said:
Risk and Monopoly!!!

For video games it will always be Galaga !!!
I had forgotten about Monopoly. I played it with my friends, especially on rainy summer days. I do have a lot of good memories playing that as a kid.

Reactions: wetaccident, BBBen and craigd1341
Chimera said:
RuneScape will always hold a special place in my heart. It helped me cope with my parents getting divorced and the stress of Jr High. I'm so glad Jagex released old school, because RS3 just isn't the same.
Humperdink2 said:
Another Runescape'er, spent so many hours on this game. The messed up big style for me when they released RS3 as the mainstream game. Was gutted to have to start a new account just to play the game I loved, had to be done though :p
I play OSRS too. I like that they've maintained most of the classic feel while adding tons more to do. By this point I've played it so much that it doesn't exactly make me feel nostalgic. :ROFLMAO:

Hey remember mouse trap.
It was a crazy game

Reactions: dogboy
I did see a game on Xbox who's your daddy where a father has to keep a baby out of trouble turning water taps on getting in to so much stuff.

This wetting myself game.
Takes me right back. 😳

Reactions: wetaccident
craigd1341 said:
Risk and Monopoly!!!
Oh man, spent many hours playing Risk for sure! Loved that game. Monopoly too. Sorry! and Payday as well. I miss playing board and card games. I love video games, have since I was a kid, but it's obviously not the same connection as a board or card game around a table with family or friends.

foxkits said:
Hey remember mouse trap.
It was a crazy game
Yes! What a bizarre concept haha. I could never get the thing to drop smoothly.

Digital-Star Fox 64, Star Fox Adventure, Star Fox Assault, just about anything Pokemon, Roller Coaster Tycoon
Physical- Yugioh (card game), Monopoly, Jenga, Clue, Chutes and Ladders, Boggle, Topple

Any of the original NES Mario games, super NES would be Mario world and Zelda..

Reactions: wetaccident and BBBen
Good morning,
Didnt answer the physical games and yeah mouse trap was one of them - didnt even remeber till you named it. Here in germany it was called Mäusefalle. And then there was a cool game with a volcano and marbles - dont know the name anymore - but it was the favorite with my siblings.
Dont forget Scotland Yard and Mister X, or Spiel des Lebens and Hotels and Cluedo 🤗
Later on it was Heroquest and Das schwarze Auge. And in my youth Siedle von Catan. Yeah we hsd many physical playsessions 🥰.
Thank you for giving me this remember to good old times 😼

Reactions: wetaccident and dogboy
Lately I've been revisiting several nostalgic games, and have been pleasantly surprised to find many unturned stones. Something new within something nostalgic can be almost magical.

I came across my old copy of Master of Orion 2 and decided to play again with DOSBox. I discovered that fans had continued to patch and improve the game after its final official CD release, fixing remaining bugs and adding new features and even some new graphics. It feels a little like I'm in back the middle of learning my way around the game again, almost like seeing a new special event or cut scene for the first time.

I've also discovered that, as a kid, I almost criminally neglected Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I played it through to see the story unfold, but… it just didn't resonate with me the way Sonic 2 did. I knew my way around Sonic 2 inside and out, and can even still recite the cheat codes from memory. Upon replaying Sonic 3&K, however, I find I don't remember how to beat all of the bosses, and have to figure them out anew. And in my youthful playing I discovered less than half of the secret areas in the levels. And I never bothered to play through as Tails or as Knuckles, which makes for a rather different experience in each case (including different endings and in some cases entirely different level maps). So, I am actually experiencing much of this rather epic game for the first time. It feels like picking up where I left off long ago, in a way.

Relatedly, I've gathered that there are some classic Sonic fans whose very favorite game from that era is Sonic CD… while I, like many others, regarded it as something of a misstep. My copy of Sonic CD spent more time in my CD player than in my Sega game system, because the music was very atmospheric. 😊 But I hear that minds have been changed once expectations for it to conform to other Sonic games are dropped, and the more explorative aspect of the gameplay is embraced. So it might be worth a fresh look too.

Of course many other games others have already mentioned can take me back as well!

Back