What do you think my neighbor thought? If anything?

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I grabbed two cases of diapers from bambino the other day when I was out on vacation, well their shipping is super fast. So I had my 2 cases sitting out for a few days and my neighbor in my apartment complex set them in her garage for me(I do really appreciate it). She didn't open anything, or be nosey that I could tell, but she is a little on the older side(50s-60s). I couldn't quite read her expression, but do you guys honestly think she noticed what they where in any way? Not really worried, kinda is what it is.

Reactions: Diprs2, paul484819 and Edgewater
Were they shipped in a cardboard box? If so then I would doubt she would guess that it was diapers.

Reactions: fredy552, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
You are lucky she kept them safe for you. I recently had a porch pirate take a large box off my porch. My ring camera captured him but I'm kind of afraid to report him to the police because the box was diapers. I bet he was surprised when he opened the box.

• Haha
Reactions: Lilrae, Diprs2, ChristianDiaperLover and 3 others
babybev said:
You are lucky she kept them safe for you. I recently had a porch pirate take a large box off my porch. My ring camera captured him but I'm kind of afraid to report him to the police because the box was diapers. I bet he was surprised when he opened the box.
Put a box of dirty diapers on your porch. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Lilrae, Belarin, Diprs2 and 6 others
Is she a sociopath? Because that's the only type of person who would google the return address of a neighbor's packages that they were otherwise just holding onto out of kindness so they wouldn't get stolen.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and chamberpot
My neighbors live right next to me and we both have security gates (we live on Lake Michigan on the dunes). I only have one neighbor who has access across the fence. He's cool and sometimes I "babysit" for his dog (love the dog - Lab). He hasn't said anything but he might suspect. Other then that, my neighbors are nice. They don't snoop.

Reactions: Diprs2, ChristianDiaperLover and Edgewater
Seems everyone on my block is getting deliveries from UPS, FedEx, etc. It is all in boxes and such.

Reactions: Diprs2, AJFan2020 and Edgewater
Tungsten said:
Is she a sociopath? Because that's the only type of person who would google the return address of a neighbor's packages that they were otherwise just holding onto out of kindness so they wouldn't get stolen.
a person does not need to have a personality disorder to google an address. Let’s not dilute a very real and dangerous mental health disorder like that.

Reactions: thegoodnite, PaddedPonyboy, Diprs2 and 2 others
babybev said:
You really need to report it as the individual likely dropped the box a short distance away and that may have left fingerprints on the box!

Reactions: Diprs2
No chance they would know! I wouldn’t worry for a second

Reactions: Diprs2 and LePew
Yeah, most diaper companies use plain brown boxes these days. I doubt she would have suspected diapers. In her mind, they could have been anything under the sun and diapers are probably the last thing she would guess.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Even with the cardboard box only have your address and that of the shipper on it. With a bit of work, one could find the shipper and what they commonly ship. Most individuals have a life and are not that interested sending their time.

You're overthinking this!!!

Reactions: Diprs2 and CLPP
LittleAndAlone said:
Put a box of dirty diapers on your porch. 🤣
Yells at fleeing thief: “Thanks for taking out the trash!”

My company is fully remote, and one of our other electronics guys lives in a rather bad neighborhood. I’ve twice sent him packages of obscure electronic components only to have them stolen off his doorstep. (Having learned my lesson the hard way, I now check the “signature required” box when I ship.) It sucked having to replace the stolen parts, but I comforted myself by imagining some meth-addicted moron trying to hock a bunch of amplifier chips and microcontrollers. Of course, it’s more likely that the package was ripped open in the apartment complex’s parking lot and it’s unidentifiable contents tossed into the nearest dumpster. Oh well.

• Angry
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and LittleAndAlone
I will say, the boxes are very plain, not sure you could even tell anything about them. Though i had a buddy who also lives in my apartment send me a pic of my packages, and im like aw fuck lol. Too big to be easily explainable car parts, so i told them they where pillows. My neighbor seems pretty normal that i can tell, hell, not like you would ever really notice im that much different than anyone else. Car guy, snowmobiler, works 6-5 tradesmen, ect. Guess things are just strange for me, as im not so much nosey, as i am observant of things around me. Appreciate what everyone has to say!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Nah. Bambino ships in a plain brown box. The only way she'd know what was in those boxes is if she opened them and resealed them. But if she could possibly do that without you noticing she could never say anything because then you would know she opened them.

Reactions: Dakota13, Diprs2 and Edgewater
babybev said:
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. From what I hear most police officers who have been on the job for a while have probably seen this already.

As long as you are law-abiding a worst case scenario would be a new or unprofessional officer laughing at you. Chances are that would not happen.

A crime has been committed and it should be reported. He is probably stealing from others as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
I wouldn’t worry about it, I think we( diaper wearers) get to worked up about this

Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, AJFan2020, Edgewater and 1 other person
geka said:
I wouldn’t worry about it, I think we( diaper wearers) get to worked up about this
i second this sentiment! the average person doesn't have adult diapers on the brain virtually ever, i can safely tell you that just about no vanilla person i've ever met has instantly leaped to "did they order DIAPERS??" when they see a package laying out, even if they end up interacting with it, it really doesn't cross non-diaper wearing peoples' minds. we're so worked up and thinking about diapers because they're a part of our lives, but adult diapers do not even cross the minds of the vast majority of people, let alone would they think to suspect that of anyone around them unless they actually see the diaper with their own eyes. i guarantee it was just an attempt to be kind and helpful!

Reactions: Edgewater, Dakota13 and geka
Back