What do accidents feel like to you? Non abdl

During the day, I feel more-or-less normal full bladder sensations; and if I usually have something like 5 to 10 minutes during which I can use the toilet like most people do. But if I don't heed the call, the need to go rapidly intensifies and I end up wetting myself uncontrollably. At night, I sometimes wet without awakening and sometimes awaken to the sensation of a full bladder. However, trying to get to the bathroom almost always leads to uncontrollable wetting. So I've pretty much given up trying to use the toilet at night and just use my diaper.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Liddlefoot, Jorelaxed and sport1
I've been IC since the beginning. I'm IC, not abdl. All of my feelings are for strong urgency (unless I'm sleeping which I don't feel it). During the day I feel everything. Strong urge. BM accidents happen during the night though I do have daytime accidents (sleep BM accidents = 75 % / daytime ~ 25%).
Most of the time I feel urge grow pretty quick which gives me about 30 seconds to a few minutes (not in time to hit the bathroom). Peeing hits fast and I have weak strength. BM accidents during the day also have weak strength. I don't have ibs. Almost all my BM accidents are solid stool. I just can't get to the bathroom. Just weak sphincters
How does it feel.? I can feel peeing my diaper. I'm prone for flash flooding. With BM's it first comes with a fast and growing pressure. Then I feel immediate urgency. Within a minute I realize the urgency is intensifying. Then it takes another 1 or 2 minutes for the pressure to become completely uncomfortable. It's not actually painful unless I try to hold it. This all works the same with wetting or messing. For wetting I just release. At first there's a pretty strong flow. About half way through the pressure eases until it's done. The pee spreads my diaper and I can feel the warmth grow around my crotch.
If I'm having a BM, the mechanics work the same way. Fast growing pressure on my rectum, intensify and immediate urgency. Usually I just release the pressure. Most of the time I feel the solid stool emerge slowly if I'm not pushing. Which I rarely do. I don't have to. The pressure is enough. It takes about 5 to 10 seconds to defecate depending the size of the stool. As the poop spreads my skin, it slides about medium slow speed. Rarely does it just rush out. Then it spreads up around my scrotum or my lower back. Whether I'm sitting or standing. And it's warm and tingling. Either way, I can feel the relief. Then I can feel the back of my diaper and the size of the load. And how it bulges my diaper.
I've been trying to be medically technical. Nothing less. This is not a fun feeling. Urinating and defecating my diaper happens daily. Being IC is just a physical sensation that any person, male or female feels. Having to be diapered is not any of us would like. I suppose there might be some pleasure from stimulating the vagus nerve. Some call it poo-phoria. This is just a perfect medically technical explanation.

Reactions: luminescent81
I sometimes can feel the urge but I never have any control and often leak before I’m aware it’s even happening. It has got worse over time so in the early times I could sense I needed to go but nighttime’s I wouldn’t wake and would wet the bed. Now I wear 24/7 so it’s much less of an issue.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, KrankyPants and sport1
In my current situation with a back injury, I just dribble out continuously with no sensation. I just don't feel it because of the diaper doing its job and it being a slow, continuous dribble. This is the first time in my life that I have been in this type of situation.

Reactions: uknappygirl
biohazardgoat22 said:
Do you get a little warning and can’t get there or do some of you just basically always go the bathroom in your diaper and can’t even hold it at all?
During the day... most of the time I go from no sense of urgency to a sudden strong urge and have about 10 seconds from that point until I start wetting. I also don't have much sensation that I am wetting once I start. Other times no sensation at all and only notice because the diaper or pull-up feels differently.

Nighttime... I'll wake up (usually, but that is happening less these days) once I start wetting. Main sensation is how the diaper feels and not the act itself.

Reactions: uknappygirl
Day times are a strange one , I could be sitting in a chair get a small urge hold it but less than a minute later in come back a lot stronger and if I try to hold that then next urge isn’t an urge I will pee
The other day time oddity I could be just standing still and go from urge hit to peeing straight away
Night time I wet the bed 3/5 times aweek and not small amounts either full bladders worth
Been 24/7 for 261days now since 23rd of January

Reactions: tiron101
My accidents vary quite a bit depending on how my badly my overactive bladder is on any given day. That's one of the worst things is the inconsistency, the other being that my bladder no longer signals me that it needs to be emptied until it's urgent. I don't get the signals that it's filling up until it's already there. When I have an accident, I feel the urge and almost instantly my bladder weakens and opens up. Then I feel it running onto my skin and soaking out into the diaper.

I used to fight the accidents, but it's painful and pointless. It's more comfortable to stay relaxed and have the accident when the urge hits. If I fight the urges, I learned that it triggers my bladder worse, and actually causes more strong urges for several hours.

The volume is inconsistent too. Some days it's not too much, a classic OAB symptom. Other days it's a full bladder and I have a large soaking. Sometimes a strong bladder cramp makes me tighten my abdominal muscles involuntarily and I'm almost paralyzed until I'm done wetting and my bladder is empty. Once in a while I get a second wave accident 30 seconds later.

At night it happens without noticing anything. But if I'm in bed awake and need to go, I use my protection.

Reactions: PaddedMI, KrankyPants, uknappygirl and 3 others
tiron101 said:
My accidents vary quite a bit depending on how my badly my overactive bladder is on any given day. That's one of the worst things is the inconsistency, the other being that my bladder no longer signals me that it needs to be emptied until it's urgent. I don't get the signals that it's filling up until it's already there. When I have an accident, I feel the urge and almost instantly my bladder weakens and opens up. Then I feel it running onto my skin and soaking out into the diaper.

I used to fight the accidents, but it's painful and pointless. It's more comfortable to stay relaxed and have the accident when the urge hits. If I fight the urges, I learned that it triggers my bladder worse, and actually causes more strong urges for several hours.

The volume is inconsistent too. Some days it's not too much, a classic OAB symptom. Other days it's a full bladder and I have a large soaking. Sometimes a strong bladder cramp makes me tighten my abdominal muscles involuntarily and I'm almost paralyzed until I'm done wetting and my bladder is empty. Once in a while I get a second wave accident 30 seconds later.

At night it happens without noticing anything. But if I'm in bed awake and need to go, I use my protection.
Sounds like the way my bladder warns me lol

Reactions: sport1
tiron101 said:

Nice summary, like @Twinmom, you describe a lot what I experience. Beaten up after a day of fighting bladder spasms is not the way to go about enjoying your day (QoL). The randomness of the whole thing is annoying, it makes predicting and preparing frustrating.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and uknappygirl
tiron101 said:

That was such a great description of your symptoms! 👍

• Love
Reactions: tiron101, PaddedMI and uknappygirl
True accidents for me have no warning even just wet and do not even notice until I go. always have even as a kid I would wet myself kind of unknowingly.

Generally mine is painful and annoying, essentiallyconsidering I alway stry to make it to the toilet. The fact that I'm ABDL changes nothing about that. When I'm sick or weak, less painful, but more annoying. Night time tends to be quiet, bladder and bowel wise, because I'm asleep, although, if I do wake up needing to pee, my chance of making it goes down.

My CP has a bit of athetoid mixed in, and apparently my bladder gets most of it, because when asleep, people with athetoid CP can, don't have to, can, appear almost normal. Probably explains why it's easier at night.

Last edited:
I have interstitial cystitis also and much of the time I will have the burning painful urination like a UTI. I also have bad bladder spasms due to it. sometimes I get urges every 10 minutes when at the worse. But normally depending on fluid intake I have a painful urge every half hour to 1 1/2 hours. Normally I start to feel it and the urge just gets so strong it physically hurts to try and hold it the more I fight it the more it hurts. I have about 30 seconds to a one min before it the urge is to strong and it is coming out. Normally I do not try to stop it and I am going with in 30 seconds. Years ago I use to have a lot more time I could hold it but I almost always did not make it to the restroom unless next to one. That and driving a truck for a living at the time it was near impossible and I seen no point in even trying to clamp down. As a result I have small to moderate floods. My bladder capacity has shrunk and my bladder walls have thickened making the urges even harder to hold when I want too or need too. At night I never wake and somedays I will just realize I am peeing without the pain. But to be honest I think it is just my brain blocking it out as it is just part of life at this point.

tiron101 said:

Very similar here.

With me it varies quite a bit. Most of the time i get a 1 to 2 second warning as a slight tingling sensation and out it goes.Night time I wet without any sensation. Other times I very slowly dribble wetting my diaper. It has worked out best for me just to be diapered 24/7 in high capacity tabbed diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Constantlydamp and tiron101
At night i don't feel anything at all no warning. I use ABDL diaper boosted and with plastic pant cover. ABDL Diapers while expensive, do seem to be deigned to hold much more pee than medical alternatives. Rearz range between 4500ml to 7000ml. NRU recently released a new plane white str8 which is very good for overnight use, cause it can hold up to 8 litres. During the day I tend to wear 3 pull ups, cause i tend to just have a almost continual slow flow. The advantage to using pull ups for day time use is 2 fold, firstly they are not as bulky as a ABDL diaper. Secondly you can just tear the side for quick removal, then pull up the remaining pair without having to remove your pants and shoes.

I have a neurogenic bladder & bowel from a spinal cord injury in my late teens. Thankfully I liked diapers well before that.

I still have a lot of sensation down there. When I'm about to pee, I feel my bladder contract, and then a reflex spasm of my sphincter kicks in to hold things long enough for one to voluntarily take control. But because I can't voluntarily make that motor connection to hold any seal, it's only a few more seconds until I feel it relaxing from the initial reflex. This is when I feel urine flowing out of me, and while I can feel it all happening there's nothing I can do about it. I'm lucky that today's diapers are amazing and plentiful in quality that can easily hold four or five major wettings if needed.

Thankfully messing rarely happens, but when it did, it was a whole other ball game. At least when I pee in the diaper, I can probably go a few more wettings in public if need be before feeling like I should change so it doesn't start to smell like pee. But when I poo, it's like whatever I'm doing has to end now and I gotta go home and deal with it. Usually when my bowel is unpredictable like this, it's because I'm not feeling 100% well (constipation or diarrhea), so I typically pay attention to the signs hoping things will pass. Usually what I'll feel is a cramping kicking in unexpectedly during the day. I'm guessing 19 times out of 20 it's probably going to be gas and eventually my gut will settle down. But when it's not, I can feel this whole other level of urgency and activity within my abdomen start to take motion, and soon enough everything is coming out of me. I just can't do anything to stop it. Thankfully diapers can hold it in pretty well, but what they can't do is block the localized atmospheric destruction that takes place within about 20 feet of me lol. Over the years though I got good at recognizing when this was on the way and most of the time was able to scurry away from any public masses if it started at a store or even at work.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: sport1, Jorelaxed and NaughtyBoiNathan
They removed the urethral sphincter, most of the prostate gland and everything but 1mm of the bladder neck
I still feel when the urge is high or when it flows but can't stop it, only slow it down with the pelvis.
And yes, there's been a nr of embarrassing accidents during changing when I wet myself upwards.... Don't ask :p
There are times i don't know how full my bladder is but when it reaches a certain threshold i do. But as soon as I get up it comes out, o have no control anymore whatsoever.
But given my medical condition, doctors and me agree this is the best livable solution. but I had to give my consent.

Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan
LuvMyDiapers said:
I have a neurogenic bladder & bowel from a spinal cord injury in my late teens. Thankfully I liked diapers well before that.

I still have a lot of sensation down there. When I'm about to pee, I feel my bladder contract, and then a reflex spasm of my sphincter kicks in to hold things long enough for one to voluntarily take control. But because I can't voluntarily make that motor connection to hold any seal, it's only a few more seconds until I feel it relaxing from the initial reflex. This is when I feel urine flowing out of me, and while I can feel it all happening there's nothing I can do about it. I'm lucky that today's diapers are amazing and plentiful in quality that can easily hold four or five major wettings if needed.

Thankfully messing rarely happens, but when it did, it was a whole other ball game. At least when I pee in the diaper, I can probably go a few more wettings in public if need be before feeling like I should change so it doesn't start to smell like pee. But when I poo, it's like whatever I'm doing has to end now and I gotta go home and deal with it. Usually when my bowel is unpredictable like this, it's because I'm not feeling 100% well (constipation or diarrhea), so I typically pay attention to the signs hoping things will pass. Usually what I'll feel is a cramping kicking in unexpectedly during the day. I'm guessing 19 times out of 20 it's probably going to be gas and eventually my gut will settle down. But when it's not, I can feel this whole other level of urgency and activity within my abdomen start to take motion, and soon enough everything is coming out of me. I just can't do anything to stop it. Thankfully diapers can hold it in pretty well, but what they can't do is block the localized atmospheric destruction that takes place within about 20 feet of me lol. Over the years though I got good at recognizing when this was on the way and most of the time was able to scurry away from any public masses if it started at a store or even at work.
Wow your fecal IC sounds a lot like mine. I am at the point now most the time I can not hold a fart or often it is a wet fart. But I too have a lot of times I feel it turning and think it is a poo coming and rush to the restroom and nothing but gas. I hate poop clean ups. Then I got days I think it is just gas and then out comes a huge shit I cant stop. I am 46 and I cant trust a fart.😭 It is a scary feeling that often leaves me afraid to be out away from home. I just fail to see how anyone could enjoy pooping themselves or think it would be fun to do uncontrollable. It scares the hell out of me. I can handle the pee as we do have great diapers now a days and I can make less bathroom trips than the average person, as my diapers hold way more than a bladder full. So If I leak that is on me for not changing when I shouldand not a faulty product like I hadin the 90's. But the poop is different even if I do not leak people can tell because very seldom does my shit not stink. But thankfully, like you it is not real often for me and I am getting to the point of recognizing the signs or learning how to avoid them by when and what I eat. Or taking laxatives in the evening so can clean out in the morning. But the fear of it happening most of the time is worse than the dead a lot of times. I am seeing a new gastro next month a am going to talk to her about all this more. Mine has gotten worse in the last year.

• Sad
Reactions: LuvMyDiapers
Diaperman95 said:
Wow your fecal IC sounds a lot like mine. I am at the point now most the time I can not hold a fart or often it is a wet fart. But I too have a lot of times I feel it turning and think it is a poo coming and rush to the restroom and nothing but gas. I hate poop clean ups. Then I got days I think it is just gas and then out comes a huge shit I cant stop. I am 46 and I cant trust a fart.😭 It is a scary feeling that often leaves me afraid to be out away from home. ... But thankfully, like you it is not real often for me and I am getting to the point of recognizing the signs or learning how to avoid them by when and what I eat.
1665980885130.pngMy urinary control is lacking when the bladder gets near full. First comes the tingling and if I concentrate I might be able to stop it. But a minute or so later, it just returns with an even stronger urge. Eventually, resistance is futile and I just give in. So when my protection is adequate, I just give in immediately rather than risking bladder pains (the dull pain starts to build when I try to suppress the urges).

Thankfully my fecal IC doesn't happen often either, now that I've learned what affects it.

Coffee unfortunately is one of the culprits. But if I am home for the morning, I'll risk a cup and keep the toilet in range. Usually by afternoon, I am ok. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage (especially), cauliflower, asparagus etc. is now verboten unless I want hours of diarrhea, which can lead to F-IC. When that happens, I try to suppress it but if I take too large a stride in walking to the toilet, it starts to come out. Once it starts at all, it is "game over". I can feel my body fighting against me, with this pumping action as it pushes out against my will. Once it happened when I bent down to pick up a grocery bag, thinking I could make it inside ok. I also have to avoid apples and pears (and their juices) because apparently the fructose they contain is an irritant. As a diabetic, I have to give up a lot of foods, but this just sucks all the more.

Back