What country has the most per capita AB's or DL's

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As the thread title says.
What are your guesses, and why?

Impossible to know I guess, since this is pretty much kept in secret.

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS
Netherlands or U.K. seem very active with events and ABDL parties. When I've gone to an ABDL event in the Netherlands and U.K. there were always a large amount of people attending, sometimes a few new people would attend.

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS and Canadianfalls
If a mod wanted to help us, we register our country when we register here. That user data could be exported and sorted, I've no doubt. That would at least provide numbers of members per country which could be compared to populations of nations to generate current ADISC members per capita. That's probably the closest you'll get to answering the question.

PadPhilosopher said:
If a mod wanted to help us, we register our country when we register here. That user data could be exported and sorted, I've no doubt. That would at least provide numbers of members per country which could be compared to populations of nations to generate current ADISC members per capita. That's probably the closest you'll get to answering the question.
Not everyone on here is AB or DL though
at most you get would be which country wears the most diapers

SparkyDog said:
The list would have to be exported in such a way that those checkboxes could be used to tabulate by those indicated characteristics. It should be doable.

Don't forget the majority of members here are English speaking. Over the years I have also come across a Lot of German ABs. Occasionally I do a search on ebay.de and am surprised how many German retailers there are. Sadly with brexit it makes it a little more difficult getting Items from Germany.

Reactions: TigerDL and BOXERSORBRIEFS
It seems to me most are in the northern European areas . Places like UK , Germany, Netherlands.....you dont hear about it as much in more Southern European countries. Some countries are not so open about ABDL ism...The US has many as well but seem more spread out because of the larger geography of the country.

There's an issue with this. There may be many ABDLs out there, but those who participate online are not representative of the actual global distribution. For example, there is a huge gap in ABDLs from the Middle East here. However, I know for a fact that there are plenty in Iran and in the Arab world, but they don't come on here because of cultural taboos and the legal dangers of getting caught.

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS and PadPhilosopher
SparkyDog said:
True but we also have options on the profile to select roles (AB, DL, CG, IC etc.) so you could use that to filter it easily enough but...

Mehrabad98 said:
There's an issue with this. There may be many ABDLs out there, but those who participate online are not representative of the actual global distribution. For example, there is a huge gap in ABDLs from the Middle East here. However, I know for a fact that there are plenty in Iran and in the Arab world, but they don't come on here because of cultural taboos and the legal dangers of getting caught.
This is very true and not only are some places like this dangerous to express this side of oneself but also ADisc is only one of a great many ABDL communities and is primarily aimed at English speakers such that it is actually site rule no. 8 "posts must be in readable English".

There are also a large number of ABDL's who simply don't participate in online communities for personal reasons or don't even know they exist yet so while we may have a pretty large number of members registered here it's may still only be a very small fraction of all ABDL's worldwide, so the stats of where members here are from is not very representative overall.

That said my guess per capita would probably be America for many reasons. Their population size (3rd largest in the world) coupled with being a capitalist nation where consumerism is a big deal (lots of different things being made and sold for lots of different people and reasons) and also being a leading 1st world country allows the population more freedom (financially, politically, socially, legally etc.) to explore ABDL.

Then there is medically, now obviously not all IC people are ABDL's but many do come to it because of being IC, some other countries with fully funded healthcare systems like the UK may offer medical procedures/medicines to help with IC while in America those options could be prohibitively expensive for an individual and it being cheaper just to use diapers people will often just stick to that and may then develop ABDL tendencies.

There are a few other minor reasons but that's my guess, I would imagine Germany, UK, Netherlands, Australia and Canada are fairly close behind for similar reasons, though in what order I don't know, another reason I think these are higher up comes down to online presence from those countries (both individuals online and number of ABDL stores based in those countries).

I would not however be surprised to find it's somewhere like China or India, both of whom have the highest populations in the world at over 1.4 billion people each (around 4.5 times the USA) and each accounting for 17.7% of the worlds population,

Even if we say only 0.01% of any given countries population is ABDL, exact percent doesn't really matter here as I am comparing average population differences not ABDL estimates though I imagine this is fairly close given the UK figure and past research/stat checks.
China and India would have 142,500 while USA would have only 34,000, Germany 8,300 and UK 6,800. China and India would have to drop from 0.01% to 0.0025% ABDL's to come close to America and would still have 1,625 more (35,625).

TL;DR it's about 0.27% of the population (although I do encourage you to read if you want to see how I came to that number, and the first post of the thread that takes IC people into account), but also takes into account people who may be ABDL but do not engage in online media. It actually may be somewhat higher as it doesn't account for the diaspora (diaperspora? :ROFLMAO:) in other realms such as FetLife, Tumblr, Instagram, and X.

eastcoastdl said:
I made a guess based on forum membership as to the english speaking ABDLs in a post in the thread in my signature https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...alk-past-who-are-diapered.180055/post-2362467
While I like the way you were thinking in that post by using another type of enthusiast forum to gauge percentages, using the figures for car enthusiasts? that's a huge area and BMW is a pretty popular brand in many parts of the world. It is also not a "taboo" topic or something people may feel alone, confused or freakish about when they get into it, or something they feel ashamed about and want to avoid associating with so it's not going to be representative of say an obscure fetish group when accounting for members of a community like this. Still a good idea though as unfortunately any other option that might more accurately represent ABDL is likely to be avoided by people for the same reasons.

The estimate of 900,000 just ABDL's in America may be close or it may be way off in either direction.

I know I've seen estimates as much as 74 million IC people in America and that's around 22% which falls nicely in the middle of a couple studies I read citing anywhere from 11% to 34% and 17% of women, 9% of men.

I think from my own research on that topic from different angles I think 0.27% might be a touch to high, I'd say 0.15 at most. Depending on the country probably somewhere between 0.2% and 0.15% should give a fairly accurate figure for ABDL's, so anywhere from 300,000 to 500,000 in the US and 12,000 to 64,000 in the UK

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS, PadPhilosopher and eastcoastdl
England probably. I've seen a ton of abdls from the UK. Considering it's size and population compared to ours is much smaller it seems like you wouldn't see as many as you do. Yet every day I see several babies from the UK.

I always thought of the French followed by Germans to be the most apt to be in range of ABDL

Must be the Netherlands 😁

Back