What are the best wipes

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm tired of buying wipes just to find they suck .... especially for dealing with a messy situation if ya know what I mean.... So what are some good wipes that aren't all bad ? The Walgreens adult wash cloths aren't too bad but there adult wipes leave something to be desired and yes there are wipes and washcloths. So what's your fav ?

Reactions: Diprs2 and Woncrinklz
I have been using Premium Formulations XL Personal Cleansing Cloths that I purchase through Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KCZ3J3
56 Count (Pack of 4) $24.99
I really like them as they are oversized (when unfolded) and thick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
I was going to recommend https://totaldry.com/products/premium-wipes-extra-large-56-per-pack but appears these are the same wipes as for mentioned that you can get on amazon. Appears amazon is lower in cost. So, I concur. I highly recommend the above wipes. They clean quite well, have great grip on the skin, and a nice fresh scent to boot.

Joey

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven801
Tena make good ones of a sensible size.

My best wipes are the cheapest ones, since I have to foot the bill. The last one I purchased was Pampers Sensitive baby wipes on sale. I paid considerably more for the TENA wipes in the past but have to admit that they were much larger (probably better for F-IC cleanups).

Reactions: Diprs2 and NannaAnnabelle
I usually go with the Pampers sensitive skin wipes too. They seem to be the most affordable most of the time, even though I probably end up using more of them than adult washcloths

Reactions: Diprs2
I'm F-ic with severe IBS and baby wipes are just an utter no go the bigger and ticker the better because cleanup can be a really big job on a bad occurrence...it's awful and extremely annoying but what do you do .... Urinary I just don't seem all that bad after F-IC but I digress...it is what it is ....🙄

Thanks for the replies all I appreciate it a lot I'll definitely try the total dry I have found big thick wipes just get it done way faster baby wipes are a nightmare just too small and you use sooooo many more it negates the savings kind of .... I do keep some cheap baby wipes for wet diaper changes as there ok for that but a full scale IBS explosion 💥 no sir. Lol

I have tried too many wipes trying to get the correct balance of true sensitive-oriented and resistant materials. Pampers wipes are resistant but sting like hell if you have any kind of lesion (even the sensitive ones), and on the other hand the other wipes tend to leave residues or little bits of cloth-like material. The best ones I've tried so far are the kirkland baby wipes.

Tenas are good quality

I use baby wipes for everything. I think I was one of the first to figure out how usefull baby wipes are to a truck driver. When covid hit I saw more and more drivers carry them and one of my friends added some alcohol to them when the usual wipes for disinfecting disappeared. I cook in my truck so they clean cooking stuff I use them for cleaning cab dash desk pens laptop. I even wipe down diesel pumps (never no where some drivers hands have been). I'll use them to clean greesy hands after working on truck and there great for cleaning me to. I have tried every brand single packages and pop up refillable boxes. By far the best brand out there are the Huggies Natural Care. I buy these by the case in the single package. Pound for pound there is nothing better or stronger out there. And 99% of the time you pull out 1 at a time not 3 or 4 at a time which means there more economical since you don't waist them. I think that's great for mothers to who are usually holding a baby's butt in the air while trying to grab a wipe. It was frustrating to me to pull out a bunch at a time so im sure mothers like that to. They have a great fragrance also. I've always like the cucumber melon scent these are close with cucumber and green tea that's nice to. My wife prefers this brand also so they come highly recommended 😆. She has sensitive skin these are alcohol free and hypoallergenic which makes them perfect for her. Nobody makes a better wipe nobody.

Gonna try those sam club ones soon.
I pick up Assurance at Walmart fairly regularly.

Reactions: Diprs2 and littlefun
So I use mainly baby wipes for everything(the best I found but not in my budget were Honest brand so use Huggies wipes) except for changes that requires bigger wipes. There little expensive but I personally have found the bath wipes made for bed baths(they do have incont version with some skin crap in them but convinced just to charge more) to be the thickest but best if providing self care alot of adult wipes feel flimsy these where made for bed baths are as thick as a normal wash cloths but disposable. The other thing I use not to sound gross but if it's a huge change I also buy Attends brand dry wipes it's like the size of single paper towel opened up but softer. For me it's easier to get the majority of mess out of way with dry wipes, then use like 2 of the bath wipes and finish with baby wipes if needed or to get rest of areas. I have used the dry wipes in combination with a cleanser that is the consistency of a lotion the most affordable I found was Tena but get unscented I made mistake scented has a floral scent which wasn't pleasant but worked(also better than what it cleaned) I liked 3M & Medline ones called 3-4 in 1 Cavilon(3m) Remedy(Medline) spray lotion(if interested make sure it says lotion b/c both brands have thinner spray liquid cleanser it works but tried both lotion type worked better) cleanser though both were more expensive, but compared to Tena pump(almost like the pump, lotion or soap dispensers have) found the spray was easier to use & or directly spray where needed. Though you can use a foaming cleanser but benefits of the lotion type is say your clean and miss wiping it moisturizes skin as well. I look at spray like a greasy pan or anything else dirty it's like a pretreat and aids in cleaning.

Links to brands but you can find better prices on various sites or generic brands like think cvs has their own bath wipes & many brands make dry wipes

I wanted to add something so I haven't tried these yet waiting on the 1st for my check but from the pics for my needs I think or wondering if be a good solution. One of the things I hate even though I do wear gloves it always seems like no matter how hard i try I am fortunate that I wear gloves. These also look like you can potentially use both sides without causing bigger mess.

In the UK Tesco Fred and flo they’re amazing they feel like wipes and biodegrade so no more blocked potties 🙈 I only use my nappies though 🙈

LittleLandon said:
Gonna try those sam club ones soon.
I pick up Assurance at Walmart fairly regularly.
Make sure you buy them from Sam's club and not off Amazon. Amazon charges way to much.

Reactions: Diprs2 and ParaRomeo
Back