What are the best value diapers available in Canada?

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm Canadian, from Toronto. Male. Wondering what the best value diaps are here. Going through 2-3 Depends w/ tabs per night is becoming wasteful. ATNs are nice but also don't do it for me anymore. I sit for long periods for work and gaming, and sleep diapered. Very heavy wetter. This leaves me going through a change every 2-3 hours at best even with Prevail 360, Tranquility, and Depends, and regular leaks at night. What brand/diaper would be best? M3s? BetterDry? iD Slip? Something else? Are boosters a good idea?

I don't care much for discretion, ordering isn't a problem, and I don't care whether diapers are printed with designs or not. I really just want the best bang for my buck without breaking the bank. BetterDry seem like an option here, totally considering it, but wondering what may be better, and where my fellow Canadians are finding the best priced diapers? Between AgeComfort and Healthwick, there don't seem to be many options. Hoping for something that comes out at under $2/diaper, but ultimately care most about what is the best value - that is, the most capacity and usability in my case for the price. I'm desperate - any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

I’m my experience, Tena Supers are a great compromise with price and quality. Able to hold in multiple soakings (more than ATNs from my experience), have great leak protection, and when I got them were $27 for 28. I do live in the US though.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
For me my goto good diapers for day or overnight are Northshore Megamax or supreme , I am completely incontinent so a proffesional user, and I have stress tested in an emergency a diaper to 26 hours which is pretty damn impressive . I would also since your up north look at Rearz they might be cheaper as a local option .

Reactions: Angelapinks, Subtlerustle and Canadianfalls
FenKit said:
I’m my experience, Tena Supers are a great compromise with price and quality. Able to hold in multiple soakings (more than ATNs from my experience), have great leak protection, and when I got them were $27 for 28. I do live in the US though.
Thanks for this! In my experiences with TENA though, it's always clumped on me or been quick to leak. The lack of leak guards makes sitting and using challenging, and I must be an active sleeper with all the clumping that happens with these, I'd wake up to a wet bed and half dry diaper lol

I'll try to give them another chance though!

Reactions: Angelapinks
Tetra said:
For me my goto good diapers for day or overnight are Northshore Megamax or supreme , I am completely incontinent so a proffesional user, and I have stress tested in an emergency a diaper to 26 hours which is pretty damn impressive . I would also since your up north look at Rearz they might be cheaper as a local option .
Woah, the Northshores held that long? Very impressive!

I've been looking at the Northshore supreme lite. Do you have any experience with these by chance? Comes in a little under $2 per diaper, but I don't see many reviews on it. The MegaMax is nice but overkill for me, and too expensive. I'm considering the supreme too!

Reactions: Angelapinks
Yes I have tried the supreme lite and it is a great diaper you mention above clumping , that’s how I started using NS , I am a power wheelchair user so disposables front ends tend to collapse like a house of cards , hyper saturated ,little wicking and boom it all comes down , NS do not do that padding stays put . The rule of thumb for IC in a chair is park your penis pointing up and pray , with NS the prayer wasn’t needed .also don’t hesitate to call or email NS customer support and ask for samples of anything they sell , they will send them free here in the states by postal service not sure about Canadian post , I live just across the border in US so I hear lots of horror stories from my friends on your side . Which is weird because I import my wheelchair( Amy Systems Power M fully loaded $35 k ,I am on my 3rd one ) from Canada and have spent a ton importing KINS products for personal use and never have an issue .maybe it’s only going your way that bad sh!t happens .

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Canadianfalls
The ATN with a booster isn't bad in my experience..... And I'm a heavy wetter and there cheap

Reactions: Angelapinks and Canadianfalls
Tetra said:
Yes I have tried the supreme lite and it is a great diaper you mention above clumping , that’s how I started using NS , I am a power wheelchair user so disposables front ends tend to collapse like a house of cards , hyper saturated ,little wicking and boom it all comes down , NS do not do that padding stays put . The rule of thumb for IC in a chair is park your penis pointing up and pray , with NS the prayer wasn’t needed .also don’t hesitate to call or email NS customer support and ask for samples of anything they sell , they will send them free here in the states by postal service not sure about Canadian post , I live just across the border in US so I hear lots of horror stories from my friends on your side . Which is weird because I import my wheelchair( Amy Systems Power M fully loaded $35 k ,I am on my 3rd one ) from Canada and have spent a ton importing KINS products for personal use and never have an issue .maybe it’s only going your way that bad sh!t happens .
Good to know even the Supreme Lite will hold up well for sitting, thanks! Is it also good for bed? Clumping aside, does it cover all the necessary bases for active sleeping? Leg gatherers, elastics, etc?

Raven801 said:
The ATN with a booster isn't bad in my experience..... And I'm a heavy wetter and there cheap
Good to know. What boosters do you use in the ATNs? I've actually found the SmartCore to be better for my needs day and night. It's the best stuff I have at the moment, but capacity has always been disappointing and the leg gatherers don't seem to go up high enough to house unconventional boosters.

I use BetterDry for night time and when on long flights I wear Tena Ultima.
The Tenas aren’t cheap but they are good and discreet for such occasions.

Canadianfalls said:
Good to know. What boosters do you use in the ATNs? I've actually found the SmartCore to be better for my needs day and night. It's the best stuff I have at the moment, but capacity has always been disappointing and the leg gatherers don't seem to go up high enough to house unconventional boosters.
I'm using the tranquility topliner boosters and for nights I use the abena boost if I need super heavy I'll use two of the tranquility. Of course when traveling or anything I use a megamax 😊I have several bags of premium diapers but I save them for times when I need absolute protection otherwise I use the ATN with a topliner they do what I need and there cheap enough that if my IBS acts up and I go through several in an hour it's not upsetting.
And I can drink coffee or coke on days I got no plans and not worry about it setting things off 🙂 and I was lucky enough to be able to get my health insurance to cover them.
It took some doing but there a lot better than what is normally covered and i get a lot briefs and boosters every month most times at the end of the month I still have 2 or 3 bags been building a good stock pile which has been a blessing. Wish I could get abena or better dry covered but I digress. Anyways best of luck to ya👍

Betterdry.

they are probably the best price to perfomance diapers out there, and are high enough quality to actually last through a heavy wetter's night too :)

Being that you are in Canada have you tried the foresite am/pm? They are a little pricey for us here in the states but you being in the Toronto area could probably pick them up at a much more reasonable price. They are definitely much better than depend, tranquility atn or tena super. Might be worth checking to see if it's a viable option for you.

I used to buy tena men pull-ups when i lived in canada. Quite discrete for everyday use

KenworthW900b said:
Being that you are in Canada have you tried the foresite am/pm? They are a little pricey for us here in the states but you being in the Toronto area could probably pick them up at a much more reasonable price. They are definitely much better than depend, tranquility atn or tena super. Might be worth checking to see if it's a viable option for you.
Comes out to about $3/diaper here - a little bit much. Would it be worth it? Is the performance that good? How does it stack up to an Abema M3 or M4, or the BetterDry?

Canadianfalls said:
Comes out to about $3/diaper here - a little bit much. Would it be worth it? Is the performance that good? How does it stack up to an Abema M3 or M4, or the BetterDry?
It's like smack in the middle between betterdry and abena M4, $3 for something that you personally could probably walk into a med supply and buy is a little steep and I'd say at that point you are probably better off with something like the betterdry. They are definitely at least worth a try though and if you guys get confidry (Dry24/7) up there that's another reasonable priced medical diaper.

SuperMaidRavi said:
Betterdry.

they are probably the best price to perfomance diapers out there, and are high enough quality to actually last through a heavy wetter's night too :)
Thanks! I've heard enough about these that I'll have to bite the bullet and buy! Do these perform well while seated, or are they best for laying down? In other words, when picking my stash, should I reliably/reasonably only go with BetterDry, or are there other diapers I should also be working in?
I've heard a bit about the iD Slip and Abena M1/2/3/4 for days and BetterDry for nights. Is this reasonable?

Antibody82 said:
I used to buy tena men pull-ups when i lived in canada. Quite discrete for everyday use
I haven't had good luck with any pull ups unfortunately, but may give these a shot again. Where did you buy from/where could I get the best price?

Bought it in pharmaprix, but don't remember the price

Canadianfalls said:
Woah, the Northshores held that long? Very impressive!

I've been looking at the Northshore supreme lite. Do you have any experience with these by chance? Comes in a little under $2 per diaper, but I don't see many reviews on it. The MegaMax is nice but overkill for me, and too expensive. I'm considering the supreme too!
Yes a north shore megamax if you watch your fluid intake will last an insanely long time. I have personally been stuck in one for close to 30 hours no joke. Flew to Jamaica several times over the years one trip in particular half our luggage didn't make it. I'd been wearing a megamax to travel in and had 3or4 in my carry on we had a nasty 6 hour layover in Atlanta and well we ate and I was kinda new to ibs and I'll just say I didn't choose wisely on dinner. After going threw all my spares I seriously sat on a toilet for 2 hours before my flight because I only had one diaper left. 15 minutes before boarding I took my last megamax and put it on got in the wheel chair and sat praying my stomach was done.... I ate and drank nothing the rest of the flight except water. When we touched down I was so relieved ... Little did I know what was about to unfold.
Went to get our luggage and both my bags where missing my clothes bag and my medical supply bag.
After spending several hours at the airport we were finally taken to our resort. It was very early in the morning we got checked in and promptly took a little nap 😴 when we awoke from our nap we went and explored the resort it was amazing and beautiful. However I was very distraught over what I was going to do for diapers so I swallowed my pride after calling the airlines and went to resorts office and inquired on where I could get some protection. They were amazing they kept apologizing that this happened and assured me they would do anything they could to assist me but the apothecary that had those supplies was not open on weekends. They said they were so very sorry and they would try to get in contact with the owner and see what they could do. In the meantime they informed me that the mattress had a protective cover and not to worry and they would bring me extra towels and change the bedding anytime and I did have some Gary wear pants so worse case I could use towels...was hoping to avoid that. So after eating lunch I went back to my room and waited for the Inevitable I very carefully removed some of the tapes and was able to use the toilet for my after meal BM I sat there hoping my bladder would also empty but it didn't happen so I put on some more desitin and put a abena booster in my already sodden megamax and put it back on .. I did put on the Gary wear pants with a hand towel to help with any leaks and I put on a very tight fitting navy blue onesie to help hold it in place.
We enjoyed the rest of our day and at about 6pm we were told that our luggage had been found it was still in Atlanta and would be delivered to us in the morning. I was very thankful for the news and figured we could enjoy the rest of the evening. We had some drinks and enjoyed a very nice dinner. And then we had a drink by the beach......and another and needless to say after a few drinks common sense went out the window.......at about 1am we stumbled to our room and promptly crashed. I woke up the next morning soaked beyond belief but still no leaks and I figured it would hold through breakfast so off we went ..at this point I could feel the weight of the diaper because of the strain on my onsie it felt like a backpack hanging on my shoulders .
We went about our day as though we didn't have a worry in the world. I really wasn't concerned about leak or smells because thanks to covid the resort was empty It was crazy how few people where as it was nearing noon we called and inquired about our luggage and we were told it would be brought to the resort as soon as possible. Shortly after lunch we were walking down the beach when things took a crappy turn out of nowhere my stomach cramped up and bam I was hunched over messing my poor abused megamax it was awful It hit me several times in the time it took us to finish walking the beach . I didn't know what to do. My wife was like oh well there aren't any people around and with the breeze I can't smell anything don't worry about it. I replied we should head to our room to which she said why ? Sit in there and wait what's the fun in that. Let's enjoy this and not worry. Hours later we went back to our room and I was exhausted so I took a mid-afternoon nap and a few hours later my wife woke me up luggage in hand . Never been so greatfull to see luggage. I hopped through the shower and was finally in a clean diaper .......I did get a bit of a rash but that was all . That poor diaper weighed 15 pounds and it only leaked a tiny tiny bit on the right leg gatherer. So yeah there awesome...but I swear they have changed something in them as the last ones I bought don't seem to wick wetness as well as my older ones .......there still amazing but I swear something changed ... Not a lot ....but. anyways that's my story of being stuck in a diaper for way to long in paradise lol and yes it's true have many awesome pictures from all my travels before my health cost me my job..... Life isn't so grand now and I'm afraid the best of times are behind me .....at least that's how it feels right now...

Back