Wetting your nappy on purpose as a child.

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My partner was still in night time nappies aged 5.

She told me that towards the end of her time in night nappies she would often wake in the night and wet her nappy on purpose out of sheer laziness because she was cosy and warm and didn’t want to get out of bed.

It is often said that no child who wears protection at night for bed-wetting would wet themselves on purpose as every child “wants” to be dry.

Did anyone here ever use their nappies on purpose out of laziness while still in them as a child?

Reactions: perlFerret, thedlguy, sinceiwassmall and 2 others
I'd be surprised if the occasional "convenience wetting" wasn't an almost universal experience, at least for those who are dealing with their own diapering needs. If you know your mom's going to sigh as she changes you out of a wet diaper, you might think twice. Otherwise...

Last edited:
I remember being put in night diapers around 3. I remember that I had to pee, and had to hold it extra hard as my private’s were exposed to the cold air. As soon as the second tape on my pampers ultra was fixed, I let it gush into my pampers. I remember how warm it felt, and I also remember worrying that my dad was going to see that I wet my diaper while awake.

Reactions: espectro, thedlguy, checkingoutall and 4 others
I don't remember ever wetting my diaper as a baby or toddler, but I do remember wearing them.

I remember that I was reluctant when my parents stopped putting me in a diaper around age two and a half. I wasn't scared of the toilette and I wasn't scared of having an accident. I loved my diapers and I loved being pampered. I remember asking for one and they said they were all gone, I swore I saw a box in my closet, so I went and looked in hopes of finding one to wear, alas my fun was over, for the time being.

Reactions: checkingoutall
Nowadays it's very common for children to be told "you've got a nappy on, just use it".

• Love
Reactions: AJFan2020, checkingoutall, ronnieM and 10 others
I think I was dry at night early, so don’t really have any memory of it... probably why I was always at least curious about what it would be like to wear them again! Given the convenience, you would wonder who wouldn’t want to use their nappy in bed if they had one on...

I don't recall wetting at night or wearing diapers for it, but both my kids wet every night, and I know both of them --especially my 9 year old -- will wait until they have their pull-ups on and then pee in them. My oldest thinks he's slick and that I don't know what he's doing when he gets the diaper on and then is just casually standing there with a distant look in his eyes, lol. As if I couldn't see the bulge from the wet diaper under the pajamas either.

But since I know they both do actually still wet in their sleep (tried to make the oldest sleep without a pull-up on and just created a huge mess), I don't really care.

I honestly think my oldest enjoys wearing them, but I'm probably projecting.

Reactions: thedlguy, ronnieM and Deleted member 57004
I only really remember wetting my diaper on purpose as a kid once, when I was about three years old, simply because I was warm and cozy in bed and didn't want to wake up anyone trying to go to the bathroom. Otherwise, I don't seem to remember intentionally doing so, though I can remember a few times where I woke up just a bit too late to make it to the toilet and ended up gushing into my GoodNites.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
One of my earliest childhood memories is waking up to a full-on gushing!

I have no idea whether I was still wearing nappies to bed at the time or whether I wet my bed because it is an isolated memory and I don’t remember anything after it, but the memory of waking up in the middle of having a wee is so vivid it’s like it was yesterday. I even remember I was wearing purple pyjamas at the time and was sleeping on my side, but I can’t remember a thing after it.

That wasn’t on purpose though.

Later on I probably would have wet my bed on purpose if I thought I’d end up back in nappies as a result, however...

It must have felt lovely to have a Goodnite on to contain your gushing accident, CommanderCrayfish.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, sinceiwassmall and DiaperedBedwetter1998
Actually, yes, obviously when not in the diapers are necessary stage, but I would fake feeling ill just so I would get permission from mom to put on a Goodnite in case of an accident while out running errands, used to enjoy riding on the back of a shopping cart (standing) and wetting while being pushed around the garden section of a hardware store. I also had (and occasionally still do when I'm legitimately sick, or have had too much to drink, adult beverage wise) nighttime accidents as a kid, sometimes it was laziness, other times it was because the bathroom was occupied (some similar excuses), but what I used to love was the feeling of absorbency. I would put on an old all white Goodnite, and we'd all be sitting down watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire, when Regis Philban was the host, and I would let go on the couch just to feel the SAP spreading around.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I remember when i was young, my neighbours younger sister was often wetting maxipads when she started wearing them.. but i never had a chance to talk about it with her..

I was given pull-up nappies for bed wetting when I was about 9. I would always wet those instead of using the toilet.

Yes, all the time. I wet the bed until I was about 10 and wore Goodnites my whole life up until that point. I would wake up in the morning and just use the diaper since I was wearing it and it would make me warm.

Once when I was 8, my mother (who was not a great mother) bought me Pampers Baby Dry from 7/11 since I did not have any Goodnites at her house. That was pretty demeaning to me as an 8 year old, who obviously knew the difference from a diaper and a Goodnite. I think I ended up wearing one that night but not using them after that. They sat in my closet for years and I would sneak them out sometimes and put one on under my pants. I was fascinated by them. I think thats where my DL side came from.

Reactions: thedlguy, sinceiwassmall, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 1 other person
PCS said:
Did anyone here ever use their nappies on purpose out of laziness while still in them as a child?

No, but I remember waking up, feeling a wet patch, and just rolling over to the side of the bed. And how scary it was, on one occasion, to knock on my parents' bedroom door to announce that I'd wet the bed. (I've no idea why it would have felt scary -- my parents were really kind and accepting.)

About a year later, my sister was born and I became fascinated with nappies, and would take hers to wear in bed a few times... I'd never use them, but I'd lay down for ten minutes before trying to sleep, and then throw them out of the bed... where my mum found them every time... :-/

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and Diapercutie
I remember waking up from my afternoon nap when I was around 2 years old, wearing my cloth diapers and plastic pants. I climbed out of bed, decided I was going to go pee, and had just started when I wondered if I had already peed and whether my diapers could handle another one, so I clenched my legs together and made myself stop. :/

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
I wet the bed until I was 15 and I would, especially in my early teen years, wet them on purpose. Sometimes I would wait to use go pee until after I put my pull-up on before bed. I never woke needing to pee as U wet the bed in my sleep. There would also be times that I would sneak a pull-up out of my closet and put one on during the day to wet, and sometimes even mess.

Reactions: thedlguy, sinceiwassmall and DiaperedBedwetter1998
The first time i remember peeing in my diaper on purpose was when we had just moved into a new house that was much larger than our previous home. I remember I was already in bed but had to pee really bad. I was going to go to the bathroom but when I opened the door to the hallway, it was so dark and it seemed like my parents bedroom was a mile away. When I saw how dark it was, I quickly changed my plans and closed the door and just flooded my little huggies diaper. I remember laying in bed feeling my diaper start to leak but I was too afraid to move. I finally fell asleep all wet.

Reactions: parktochter, sinceiwassmall, thedlguy and 4 others
Ya, if I woke up dry I would go in the diaper👍

I wore night diapers until age 6 and often remember waking up in the morning and wetting in my thick diaper and how great it felt.

After being caught wearing a diaper, than being forced to wear a diaper as punishment, I was told I would have to use the diaper if I needed to go pee or poop.
Little did my parents know at the time peeing and pooping in diapers is just what I wanted to do.
Oh of coarse I would act like I did not like having to use the diaper but after a month my parents realized I was enjoying their punishment and tried a abrupt stoppage of the diapers, and I ended up still in diapers come the start of school in the fall.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and Lewis Badger
Back